It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you if you are neither liberal or conservative?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

ITs important to know, anyone who "doesn't vote" or "doesn't identify" with a party is wasting a vote and it makes me mad.

Is it?

What was that saying about the definition of insanity? Something like doing the same experiment over and over again expecting a different result?

We do not "Vote" for who we want! We VOTE for has been "SELECTED" by those already in charge. Ya see? It's an illusion of choice!

But let's continue the MAD experiment?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm all over the place with my worldview. On some things, I'm conservative, and on others I'm liberal.

As far as categorizing myself, I leave it at "I just want the government and other people to leave me the hell alone to live my life the way I see fit."

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
As someone working for the GOP media dept. and in contact with Republicans in the upper echelons of the party, they are convinced and I think rightly so, that when election day rolls around the conservative mind set will not waste their vote and vote for a 3rd party candidate. They will vote for whomever Rush tells them to vote for. It's not like they haven't researched this thoroughly; they don't operate in a vacuum or on emotions, like so many here on ATS. Politics is money and the GOP isn't stupid.

I know you are wondering....contract video producer

Last Elections I worked for Gov. Gary Johnson....class act, nice guy and partied with the crew!!!
edit on 19-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why must ANYONE side?

Especially since we all know the government is corrupt, people are brainwashed, and within 80 years we will be dead.

WTF.

I call myself by my human name, and I have the right to believe whatever I want to believe depending on the things I learn on a day-to-day basis. The only thing I will contribute is to treat people as you want to be treated. Life should be simple.

Basically this is a thread- to take a side- for the sole purpose of debate....
Who's got the bigger stick?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
To me, the problem is one that centers on a comment you made in "the other thread."

You seem so gobsmacked that somebody identified with a third party, or no party, that your default setting is "well you must be a conservative who's ashamed to admit it then."

No.

And until you can understand that neither republicans or democrats are the saviors of America, there's no point in advancing beyond this stage. If Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein, both certified geniuses, can both be wrong in their very, very specialized fields of study, why in the hell would you blindly accept that democrats are right about everything and republicans are wrong, when what they're trying to be right about is "what's best for people?" Or vice versa? The two main parties are both trying to be "right" about such a huge, widely varied group of subjects and yet there's no possibility that maybe they don't know best about everything?

Come on.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You work for the GOP olaru??

I never would have guessed that in a million years.

I sure hope you can keep a sense of humor on the job, otherwise you must have a good supply of Xanax.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A Terrorist.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: olaru12

You work for the GOP olaru??

I never would have guessed that in a million years.

I sure hope you can keep a sense of humor on the job, otherwise you must have a good supply of Xanax.

Contractor actually....not affiliated politically. Freelance video producer for the local candidates. Great gig...as they are extremely well funded and it actually does trickle down and good folks, a pleasure to work with them.

I do have some medicine in times of stress...yes I do.

I sometime feel guilty about contributing to the media circus....lol
edit on 19-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: flammadraco

What are the main arguments/beliefs of a libertarian?

Libertarianism (Latin: liber, "free") is a political philosophy that upholds liberty as its principal objective. Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and freedom of choice, emphasizing political freedom, voluntary association and the primacy of individual judgement

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm a crazy hairless ape, first and foremost. I'm a member of my local community second. I'm an inhabitant of a planet we're slowly destroying 3rd. I'm also a cosmic phenomena soon to fizzle out just as swiftly as it came to be.

Life is too damned complex to stick to one side, just for ease of mind. I prefer to look at each situation and think of it independent of a party-side. They are all too narrow viewed for my thoughts. Heck, I change opinion in threads, day to day, all the freaking time new considerations and information presents itself, how the hell can people stick to black and white absolutes in this increasingly complex stew of ever unfolding events?

Guess that makes me an independent, but I prefer crazy, hairless ape.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
that would make you unswayed by propaganda and capable of original independent thought. like me. there are no opposites in the pantheon of power. they all serve and are paid by the same masters. we just play participants.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Please Note: This is from a swede's point of view.

What am I if I'm not liberal or coservative? I'm SANE (i.e. one can find valid points made on every side).

Curious about beliefs? Sorta kinda..... but not so much these days.

I'm all for equal rights..... straight, bi, gay or whatever should have the same right to get married. If a priest doesn't wanna marry bi's, gay's or whatever's, for whatever reason, fine, it's his/her right to say no, there are others who will.

Global warming? eeehhhh........ I guess I must admit I flunk on that one.......... however something is happening causing waterlevel and weather to change. But whether it's "man made" or due to some "cycle" I can't say, but still I'm on the "Better safe than sorry" side on that one and stop poluting. If true I'll still be "feet dry" while people in NYC, DC, LA and other coastal cities will have to take their rowboats to work. If it's not true..... we get cleaner air and water and I can't see how that could be a bad thing.

Abortion: Oh please, don't get me started on that one. Pro-Lifer's are NOTHING but a bunch of hypocritical a-holes, in my humble PC opinion. First they shout and scream how all life is sacred and aborrtion is murder.... but wait, then they say it's okey to abort (murder) in these circumstances.... or in those..... or in those.... or (ah well, y'know how that chicken sh*t song goes). I firmly believe it is only one person who has a say in that matter......... and no, it's not God.
edit on 6192015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes! It's wasting a vote. We elect the officials, then we vote.

Unfortunately America is a 2 party system so we must vote one or the other.

Those who "don't identify with either party" or "don't vote" annoy the F out of me. I mean...do you really care about your life or the life of your loved ones? A dem or rep house, senate, president WILL affect you, directly or indirectly.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yes! It's wasting a vote. We elect the officials, then we vote.

Unfortunately America is a 2 party system so we must vote one or the other.

Those who "don't identify with either party" or "don't vote" annoy the F out of me. I mean...do you really care about your life or the life of your loved ones? A dem or rep house, senate, president WILL affect you, directly or indirectly.

Then be proud your part of the problem?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I always wanted to start a political party called The Party That Makes Sense.

I'm with you so far, at least as far as abortion is concerned. My stance on abortion - it's not a good thing. I don't think I've ever heard anyone celebrate an abortion in a serious manner. Even some that get them often end up regretting the abortion (witnessed, no resource). But, it's a necessary evil. We can't take it away because of rape, etc. So what do we do? Work on a world in which abortion is less necessary. More birth control, more education, a better country with a better economy in which one would be happy to raise a child. Stricter penalties for rape (meaning get rid of drug criminals), although rape is a tricky situation. It often comes down to he said, she said.
edit on 19-6-2015 by whatmakesyouright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No, not part of the problem, just not a lazy dumba$$. And I don't use the "I just don't identify with either party" excuse.

You should know which one is in your best interest. Of course you may not identify with every single belief/argument, but you should be smart enough or care enough to cast your vote.

I'm not just talking about president either, there's primaries, senate, school board, a whole spectrum to make a difference. And if you don't like it then run for office.

Look at the tards in charge of us now.

edit on 19-6-2015 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Why must I be separated into a group?

Independents, Liberals, Conservatives...

Why do I need a label on my head? Aren't we after the same thing? Like.. the fundamental basic pursuit of happiness for ourselves and our loved ones?

Oldest strategies in the book, divide and conquer. When we can't put our heads together and unite, we'll always just fight among each other.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

Look, I'm prob a bigger hippie than you are, don't like labels, pursuit of happiness, however, bc I am an American, I get a choice, albeit a small one, on who I want in charge of me.

Why wouldn't you want to cast your vote on the candidate that you believe will improve your life.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No, not part of the problem, just not a lazy dumba$$. And I don't use the "I just don't identify with either party" excuse.

You should know which one is in your best interest. Of course you may not identify with every single belief/argument, but you should be smart enough or care enough to cast your vote.

I'm not just talking about president either, there's primaries, senate, school board, a whole spectrum to make a difference. And if you don't like it then run for office.

Look at the tards in charge of us now.

So I am a lazy dumb ass because I don't believe as you do?

roflmao

continue beating your brain against the wall trying to pretend to be intelligent enough to solve the worlds problems then!!!!

Are you sure your not a Conservative?

Enjoy your life of misery!
edit on 19-6-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
People tend to dogmatically adhere to a side because it allows them less responsibility to judge information, ideas and policies on their own merits.

There's also the faux intellectual grandstanding that goes with being a member of a club and the group mentality that's reinforced through constantly perpetuating the idea that the opposition is inherently evil and out to destroy civilisation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join