It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shields up, Mr. Sulu-- Boeing patents 'Star Wars'-style force fields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This seems to have passed without much notice. Let's say it's a start. At least it would provide some protection. And of course, it's a patent for a process that will be developed further. This was posted on some major news sites; this version is from CNET.

March 22, 2015

"A new patent granted to aircraft, defense and security company Boeing is taking its cues from science fiction. Just like the glowing energy shields seen protecting troops, machines and even spacecraft in Star Wars and Star Trek, the design -- named "Method and system for shockwave attenuation via electromagnetic arc" -- uses energy to deflect potential damage."

"As it is described, the system is not designed to prevent direct impact from shells or shrapnel; rather, it is designed to protect a target -- such as a vehicle or building -- from the damaging effects of shockwaves from a nearby impact.

The patent is for a shockwave attenuation system, which consists of a sensor capable of detecting a shockwave-generating explosion and an arc generator that receives the signal from the sensor to ionise a small region, producing a plasma field between the target and the explosion using lasers, electricity and microwaves.

This small plasma field would differ from the surrounding environment in temperature, density and/or composition. This would provide a buffer between the target and the explosion that would hinder the shockwaves from reaching and damaging the target."

Link to CNET original article:

www.cnet.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Parthin96

And they always say military tech is at least ten years ahead......

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

This is the second thread today I'm positive I've seen before.
It didn't pass unnoticed. It was covered.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Er.. this is nothing like a star trek force field...

Btw the way Mr sulu is not from star wars either as your title says..
edit on 19/6/15 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I see it changes the density and temperature - can't help wondering if it has any adverse affects on life e.g. humans, animals and plants etc - (being somewhat sceptical about the little value put on life by governments and corporations) as I see it will protect surrounding property? Just thinking that in the UK our laws protect property above people er hm!

If it doesn't it could be a great help against disasters which have such terrible affects e.g. earthquakes tsunamis etc etc if they are able to develop it effectively.
edit on 19-6-2015 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

And they always say military tech is at least ten years ahead......

Hmmmmm....I'm convinced it's more like 40-50 years

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I am sure this is not the first time I have heard this discussed on this site, but I cannot find the thread from before. In any case, it will be interesting to see what comes of this development. It would seem to be one more step along a long road to the stars, but we shall have to see.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

What they have engineered is the field that causes alien UFOs to move through the sky by nullifying their mass. that field allows the UFOs to basically float without the effects of gravity, mass or inertia. It also works automatically as a "force field" to neutralize any object or beam that enters its envelope. I've mentioned this double aspect on ATS more than once.

So Boeing is telling us two things, they know how UFOs operate, and how their triangles "fly"...as if we didn't know already.

(OK, you strictly airfoil enthusiasts, the door is now open for ya'al to acknowledge that massless motion is real and not something to be avoid in your forum any longer.)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Shields up, Mr. Sulu-- Boeing patents 'Star Wars'-style force fields

Ahhh my brain, the terribly mismatched references..... Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*collapses*

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

This is the most unfounded speculation that it is possible to involve oneself in!

This sheilding technology referred to, is clearly designed to create a interuption in the progress of an incoming shockwave front, by generating an opposing blast, cancelling out a portion of the pressure exerted on the protected object. The only difference between this system, and the reactive explosive armour found on modern battle tanks and armoured vehicles, is that this system would not involve a fixed, single use set of panels of explosives, nor a launcher with a highly sensitive tracking package, but a system of microwaves and lasers to create an energy blast. The principle of producing an opposing shock front to cancel overpressure damage is not a new idea, and this is not the first mechanism to produce it.

This has nothing to do with anti-gravity what so ever, nor will this sheild make objects protected by it behave as if they were massless, or free from the bounds of inertia which all moving objects are beholden to. This system seems, contrary to my initial post, to be absolutely useless for space flight, because unlike some sort of magnetospheric emulator sheild, which are also in research and development at this time, it will be used in irregular, non-continuous pulses, when and if a protected object is assaulted.

For use in space, a sheild would have to be constantly active, and pulse very quickly and regularly, AND in a significant range of amplitudes, in order to deflect harmful radiation from the sun, cosmic rays and so on.

Please, for the love of all that is logical, think about this more deeply!

edit on 19-6-2015 by TrueBrit because: Spelling error removed.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I agree it may be " unfounded speculation" but I don't believe our Area 51 scientists/military have been wasting their time for 50 years.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I don't usually reply to replies to my post as the replier usually always is locked into a conventional mind set the government wants us all to have via its multiple tentacles. Such is the case here. The progression to accepting my words is simple in the situation in point IF you can accept that UFO are fairly much as they appear, machines that do not require air to move but have some other capability.

If you deny credibility of my words, they you deny tons of data about apparently genuine UFOs, and our ability to produce similar devices such as the "black triangles." You would have us still locked into aerodynamic machines of which are of very limited utility which is exactly what TPTB government want us to think.

Forget any talk about anti-gravity. I really didn't mention that aspect except it is a side-aspect of a massless drive unit.
Nothing I have put down in my post nor others addressing this situation is wrong, misleading or pure BS. The proof is that UFOs are real and by a logical association so are our re-engineered vehicles. You have no argument unless you totally deny UFOs as real, which of course, allows you the backbone for saying a massless drive capability is impossible. Then you have to throw out some of the implied implications that Boeing has patented. In effect, you have no evidence of denying a massless drive, or UFOs for that matter and, thus, offer a baseless rejection of the plain truth that many thousands of people have personally witnessed.

Granted I'm no physicist, but anybody can understand the obvious and hidden aspect of a field that allows a craft to float without the effects of gravity, its mass and inertia. If that field can repel objects coming into it, then it damned well can produce the effects to drive the machine as I've briefly explained here and elsewhere. Maybe I should alert Boeing about this aspect that they evidently never dreamed about?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I don't usually reply to replies to my post as the replier usually always is locked into a conventional mind set the government wants us all to have via its multiple tentacles. Such is the case here. The progression to accepting my words is simple in the situation in point IF you can accept that UFO are fairly much as they appear, machines that do not require air to move but have some other capability.

I think that you are under a misapprehension, and so I would like to begin my response by clearing it up. No one, not a single soul on Earth, has come forward with any accumulation of data significant enough to comprise proof of either what UFO are, how they operate, or how they are powered, or any other reliable conclusion of any kind. There is much speculation, and a huge amount of opinion, but little to no probative scientific data.

If you deny credibility of my words, they you deny tons of data about apparently genuine UFOs, and our ability to produce similar devices such as the "black triangles." You would have us still locked into aerodynamic machines of which are of very limited utility which is exactly what TPTB government want us to think.

I deny that there is any data of any significance, short of eyewitness accounts. No data on UFO that I have come across in the last eight years, or in my researches previous to joining here, has ever been comprised of information which was not hugely subjective, requiring a certain degree of suspension of disbelief. I will suspend my disbelief for the purpose of being entertained, but I do not accept that suspending disbelief is an appropriate way to research and think about the subject of UFO. Show me some laboratory results that show with out doubt that some sort of Higgs Boson Manipulator drive has been used in our atmosphere, and I will recant on everything I have just said. Otherwise, I will, rather sensibly, retain my disbelief.

Forget any talk about anti-gravity. I really didn't mention that aspect except it is a side-aspect of a massless drive unit.
Nothing I have put down in my post nor others addressing this situation is wrong, misleading or pure BS. The proof is that UFOs are real and by a logical association so are our re-engineered vehicles. You have no argument unless you totally deny UFOs as real, which of course, allows you the backbone for saying a massless drive capability is impossible. Then you have to throw out some of the implied implications that Boeing has patented. In effect, you have no evidence of denying a massless drive, or UFOs for that matter and, thus, offer a baseless rejection of the plain truth that many thousands of people have personally witnessed.

I would argue that your stating things as fact, which remain pure speculation at best IS misleading, and is indeed BS. You have been here long enough to know much better than that Aliensun. UFO are called UFO, because we do not know what they are. We do not know if they are vehicles or anything about what they are, we do not know where they come from, and we have no idea just how many different kinds might be out there. Specifically, all we really know about them, is that there is a significant interest in sightings, that much eyewitness testimony (the least useful evidence that anyone has ever bought forward, about anything, as studies into its usefulness actually show) has been reported, and that after decades of frenzied interest, there has been nothing more substantial discovered that anyone can actually solidly confirm by physical proof.

UFO are a real phenomenon, that is not in dispute. What is in significant dispute, is what they actually are, what motivates them, what controls them, and what physics are at play in their construction, and this is all data that one would need, and need to understand, in order to say anything solid about them.

Granted I'm no physicist, but anybody can understand the obvious and hidden aspect of a field that allows a craft to float without the effects of gravity, its mass and inertia. If that field can repel objects coming into it, then it damned well can produce the effects to drive the machine as I've briefly explained here and elsewhere. Maybe I should alert Boeing about this aspect that they evidently never dreamed about?

Unfortunately, your situation appears to be much worse than merely being "no physicist". I am not a degree toting physicist either, but even I understand that your statement that " if that field can repel objects coming into it, then it damned well can produce the effects to drive the machine as I've briefly explained here and elsewhere" is deeply flawed. For a start, this shield, specifically CANNOT repel solid objects traveling toward the protected vehicle. It is designed to repel explosive shock waves by application of a measured counter force, but cannot deflect solid rounds, like bullets and impact triggered missiles.

Furthermore, there is a significant difference between a system which can repel an explosive pressure wave, which in actual fact is a fairly mundane trick and can be done with simple C4 plastic explosive if one measures the charge correctly, and what you are alluding to, in terms of a system which creates a null state regarding Newtonian effects on a given vehicle. For a start, this system does not change the relationship between the vehicle it protects, and the basic nature of the space and time around the vehicle. It alters the temperature and pressure, yes, but not the fact that gravity exists, and acts on all things. Nor does it alter the mass of the vehicle itself.

Let us assume for a moment that ALL UFO are in fact, alien craft, or human engineered craft back engineered from something that crashed or landed here. If that is the case, then the only mechanism which would allow them to operate, is by careful, and focused control over the Higgs Boson. No accumulation of lasers and microwaves is going to allow this. In order to even make the blasted thing manifest to be identified, leave alone controlled, VAST amounts of power have to be diverted into a system which throws electrons into a machine, where they are shot around a particle collider tens of kilometres in circumference. Machines the size of a house have to be used in order to locate the resulting mess of subatomic particles, and sift them for evidence of the presence of that boson.

But the Higgs would be crucial to creating an anti-gravity effect, since gravity is relative to mass, and the Higgs is the particle which imparts mass onto other particles, and so by controlling it, one could, in theory, create regions of mass concentration which could potentially counter the normal behaviour of gravity, in a localised area. However, the Higgs Boson has only recently been confirmed as an existent thing, and so machinery which claims to have mastered control of it is DECADES, if not CENTURIES away at this point, and our understanding of the physics involved in such a venture is laughable at best, if not bloody infantile at this point.

Please do not wear your lack of understanding of physics like a badge of pride. It results in your comments in this thread, and on this topic, amounting to nothing more than baseless, ill thought out, and ill informed speculation.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Furthermore, and in addition to my previous post, a word on inertial dampening.

In order to prevent inertia causing damage to the occupants and/or structure of a vehicle, under turning and acceleration forces which fly in the face of Newtonian mechanics, a field generator would have to be developed, which has the capacity to envelop every tiniest component of the vehicle, and its occupants, down to the sub molecular level, and prevent them from moving more than a certain amount, relative to one another. Some sort of volumetric field would have to literally prevent bodies and vehicle components being torn from their mountings, splattered or smashed all over the innards of the craft, and to prevent the craft itself flying apart as it accelerates far faster than the bodies and materials within can possibly withstand.

The processing power to locate and monitor the state of one human beings entire fabric at the sub molecular scale, in real time, would be OUTRAGEOUS! We are made up of a ridiculous number of atoms each, something in the order of 7 billion, billion, billion, that is seven, with twenty seven zeros after it. Tracking and CONTROLLING THEM would be possible, only if a computer controller could be constructed which was capable of controlling the field well enough that its function prevented the death or serious injury of the occupant. No such thing has ever been theorised, leave alone proven to exist.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is old news...file:///E:/Bearden%20-%20Slides%20-%20Scalar%20EM%20weapons%20(www.cheniere.org).pdf This is on the Tom Beardon website. There you'll learn about much more in the field of electromagnetic weapons that have been around for some time.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
How are they powering such a thing?

even a nuke plant couldn't handle the power output a force field needs.

Power is our limitation for much of our wanted tech advancements, this is unless the electromagnetic kinetic energy generator is being used.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

This is not a continuous force field like people always think about. This is a system which will only be active during an assault on the vehicle it protects. Creating a shock front to counter an incoming pressure wave is a neat, and less power intensive solution.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I look for a thread regarding this and couldn't find one.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Pretty interesting. I understand the theory, the whole countering a shockwave with an opposing force thing, but the mechanics are way beyond me (how you do it with lasers and microwaves, I'd probably need a couple degrees for that). And I'm not sure how useful it would be, wouldn't a shockwave powerful enough you need something like this for protection usually be caused by something close enough you'd probably get hit by debris anyway at the very least? Very cool though.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
think of a tank rolling through an ied - the armor may protect the occupants but the shock wave could destroy all of the optics for targeting and other systems

new topics

top topics

join