It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Wicked This Way Comes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Helter Skelter Run For Shelter

good article concerning world events & some of the powers behind them...

poweredbychrist.homestead.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Man that was long. Merry Christmas Knightmare or X-mas however you people say it around here. You always have some knock your socks off links.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Interesting article, Knightmare. The first page is definitely something to think about. I think I'll print it and read it at my leisure.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
thx all, people in power use ritual majik.. i know, it is very hard to believe but..

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare
thx all, people in power use ritual majik.. i know, it is very hard to believe but..

I sincerely doubt that anyone currently in power has even a minute percentage of the intelligence or humility that is necessary to understand and employ Ceremonial Magick.

The days when the Wise Adepts ruled with justice and impartiality are long since past; today's leaders are basically morons who wouldn't know the difference between Plato and Play-Doh.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
what? What is your rank soldier? what degree? Most world/political events are centered around ritual & ceremonial majik. The square of the sun, the flower of life, sacred geometery, etc.
It is the age of aquarius, no need to worry about protecting the secrets. They want us to know.!

Originally posted by Masonic Light

I sincerely doubt that anyone currently in power has even a minute percentage of the intelligence or humility that is necessary to understand and employ Ceremonial Magick.

The days when the Wise Adepts ruled with justice and impartiality are long since past; today's leaders are basically morons who wouldn't know the difference between Plato and Play-Doh.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

what? What is your rank soldier?

I'm not a "soldier", and therefore I have no "rank".

what degree?

In Masonry, I am a 32� member of the Scottish Rite, a Knight Templar in the York Rite, and hold various honorary and side degrees; I'm a Past Master of my Lodge, and also a Shriner.

Most world/political events are centered around ritual & ceremonial majik.

I would certainly dispute this; most world/political events are centered around imbecility. The word "Magick" literally denotes "Science of the Magi"; the word "Magi" was aptly translated biblically by the King James scholars as "wise men". If you truly believe that today's world leaders are "Magi" or "wise men", then I'm afraid there's not much more that I can do for you.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
then you do not know of the 13 degrees above the 33 in the york rite?

You must be of a certain bloodline to obtain them.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
york rite doesn't use numbers for their degrees, i believe thats only the Scotish Rite. But with you were to number the Yorl Rite degrees i think it only ads up to 13 anyway.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by 99CentsStore]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
nope, scottish has 32 york has 33, there are 13 more degrees of illumination.

the Memphis path goes much higher..

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

nope, scottish has 32 york has 33, there are 13 more degrees of illumination.

Wrong.

Scottish Rite has 33 degrees. York Rite has 10 degrees plus three Orders of Chivalry.

the Memphis path goes much higher..

The Oriental Rite of Memphis, which was a Rite of 97 degrees, no longer exists in regular Masonry. In the mid - 1930's, it was officially tabled by the Sovereign Sanctuary of Memphis, with Brother Harold Van Buren Voorhis, 33�, 97�, 90�, presiding.

Brother Voorhis and the other officers of the Sovereign Sanctuary unanimously voted to place the Rite of Memphis under the jurisdiction of the Grand College of Rites of the United States, and Bro. Voorhis was unanimously elected Grand Chancellor. I am a member of this organization.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here are the York Rite degrees so you can count for yourself, i will number them to make it easier.

First 3 degrees being the blue lodge ones.

Chapter of Royal Arch Masons
4)Mark Master
5)Past Master
6)Most Excellent Master
7)Royal Arch
Council of Royal and Select Master
8)Royal Master
9)Select Master
10)Super Excellent Master
Commandary of Knights Templar
11)Order of Red Cross
12)Order of Malta
13)Order of the Temple

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 99CentsStore
york rite doesn't use numbers for their degrees, i believe thats only the Scotish Rite. But with you were to number the Yorl Rite degrees i think it only ads up to 13 anyway.

You are correct, but this is only the case in the United States. Outside the USA, the term "York Rite" generally only refers to the first three degrees, which we call "Blue Lodge" here in the states. To make the distinction, Dr. Mackey called only the first 3 degrees "York Rite" in his writings, and called the other 10 "American Rite". Nevertheless, it remains common for American members to refer to the entire system of 13 degrees as "York Rite".

Currently in the US, the York Rite consists of the following degrees, divided among 4 governing bodies:

SYMBOLIC LODGE (or "Blue Lodge"):

Entered Apprentice
Fellow Craft
Master Mason

CHAPTER OF ROYAL ARCH MASONS

Mark Master
Past Master (Virtual)
Most Excellent Master
Royal Arch Mason

COUNCIL OF CRYPTIC MASONS

Royal Master
Select Master
Super Excellent Master

COMMANDERY OF KNIGHTS TEMPLAR

Order of the Red Cross
Order of Malta
Order of the Temple

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
99Cents,

lol, you beat me to the punch!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
sorry, i guess me being a blood relative of Albert Pike, and the research done, i know very little.

How many in a secret society know the real truth?? pss , that is why it is a secret society, only a handful get fully illuminated!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

sorry, i guess me being a blood relative of Albert Pike, and the research done, i know very little.

Well, if your research has led you to believe that the Scottish Rite only has 32 degrees, while the York has 33, I'd suggest you turn around and start from scratch, Mr. "Pike".

[edit on 26-12-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
im related to king arthur!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

How many in a secret society know the real truth?? pss , that is why it is a secret society, only a handful get fully illuminated!

Then we must be cousins! I have one of his old law books that was given to me by my great-aunt. My family is descended from his son Hamilton. Was your family descended from Lillian or from Yvon? Do you know Tim Simpson? He's one of the prominent Pike family researchers and knows who has what from Albert.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And guess what by the time your mind has absorbed that many obligations you have brought and sold your soul two or three times.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Indellkoffer,

Welcome!

It was Brother Pike's books that first got me interested in Freemasonry; without him, I would never have become a Mason.

After having studied his works for many years, I consider him the greatest English-speaking philosopher of the 19th century. His intelligence, wit, and compassion are worthy role models for us all.

What a legacy!

P.S. I know little concerning Pike's descendants. I've read his daughter Lilian's introduction to a volume of his poetry published posthumously, but that's the extent of it. Do you know if any of his children or other heirs continued his work in philosophical writing?

[edit on 26-12-2004 by Masonic Light]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join