It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread...and never got a reply..i was hoping someone could give a bit more info on my experience and if it differs from normal sleep paralysis...from what i know.it does. thanks.

Iv had this happen to me......but a bit different....im only 20 now and have had this since i was around 14....it started off the way regular sleep parlaysis works..from what i know...thiers a chemical in your brain that turns off your body while your asleep so that when your dreaming off running around your dont get up and run around..i used to suffer from paralysis on the same terms i would wake up paralyzed and experience the same as you would ( forgive my spelling, it really bites)
but about a year and half ago it started to get odd..instead of waking up paralyzed...i would be fully awake usually around 5 in the morning and my mind would start to zoom off...sorta like warp speed in star trek.if anyone knows what im talking about...it would zoom off and my body would start to go paralyzed...and i would lay thier cant move cant talk, nothing..it was scarier than before. this happened for about 3-4 months...then during one account..i woke up around the same time.....the same thing happend...my mind zoomed off.....but this time...i was floating in the air..i the clouds...and i looked down at his cloud.and it kinda looked like an island...with big green crystal towers and a man in white with a long white beard..kinda like gandalf..and a cane...that totaly tripped me out. well if stopped for about a month and happend again once more this time, same scenerio...mind zooms off..i was still in bed though...and i heard the simpsons...yeah..i know its f*ckt..lol..and i cold hear bart mumbling something...i dunno what...then i heard lisa say.."your special"...lol...after that its been just normal sleep paralaysis for me...and it does not happen that much...iv never gone to a doctor about it...cuz..well..its kinda cool when it happens, scary..but still....intriguing....thats my story.....i hope someones had the same experience as me..if you had...do tell?..
thanks...Deep

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm too tired to get into this right now, but I've discussed it and others have as well all in the paranormal section of this board. Here is a great link to read up about sleep paralysis and obe..
I'll get back to you though when I can think better..

www.trionica.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thanks.....for the link.....Iv seen it before..but still does not answer some of my questions...but thanks for the link again anyways...Deep

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
thats got to be real scary. wakeing up in the middle of the night and not beign able to move tell me if you figure this one out

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've read and re-read what you've posted and I'm not sure what your question(s) are? Are you just looking for an explaination/opinion or someone whose shared somewhat of your experiences?

*Sleep paralysis IS a bridge to astral projection, yet sometimes people will not cross that bridge ever or it may take years to finally cross it. You sound as though you did infact cross over it to an obe experience. And this is nothing to be scared of. There is nothing wrong with you, as many people have shared this experience and some may have and not know it and some may never have, but it is normal. Just as normal as dreaming *for some anyway*

So tell me what you'd like to know?

Magestica

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
uh..sorry...yeah, i was just looking for an explanation to what was going on. It happened this morning again but this time i saw a newpaper, and i was reading through it. It was kinda weird, as i was reading through it i could focus in an aritcal and read it, i read some articles that were discussing techonoly thats not present at this day. I also saw a whole page article with a man on the front page, and it said "prime minister, something something", i forgot his name, but it was something like evealin E something...the first name started with E, and the last name ended with an E. LOL...im starting to trip out or something.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Download this mp3 files, use any one of them

listen to one of these audio files, one time daily for one week, you may experience change in breath rate, heart beat rate, dont afraid its part of the solution.

MP3 # 1. media.islamway.com...

MP3 # 2. media.islamway.com...

tell me your feed back
[email protected]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Ive had this since I was 14 too (after a serious head injury) . Im now 22 and been to doctors etc. And they dont know jack. Im not sure about the zoom thing, but last week It hit me when I was just about to enter a dream state and I was at my bedroom door and 'warped back to my bed and woke up . So im not sure if thats what you mean .

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Basically during sleep paralysis, like magestic said, is a gateway to an OBE.

On that plane you are experiencing in part the multiverse, where anything and everything is possible, and objectivity is diminished in comparison to physical reality, and thought alone, (of unconscious origin, since your mind doesn't recognize this reality) rapidly expands to create your environment. If you are conscious, in that you can analyze your surroundings, you should be able to train yourself to go back to sleep.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
magestica
Maybe you could explain this too me, it was awhile ago (a year) and I was sleeping at my girlfriends house. I was about to drop asleep when I got this intense ringing in the middle of my head/brain (this is what normaly happens to me before I slip into paralysis) most the time I fight it and try to wake up. Because its a real scary thing to happen to anyone. But this time it was amazingly strong and while I was trying to fight it and get feelinig back , somthing or some force pulled me from my chest out of my body with great strength so I sat up in a L position. It was quiet violent and very disturbing. Anyway while this was going on I could hear a crushing sound comming from the top of my rib cage and an intense pressure upon my chest. And then I felt a few quick scratches (which hurt) and then fell straight back into my body , this happend all in about 5 - 10 seconds .

When I woke up I got the F#@! out the house I thought maybe a ghost/spirit had somthing against me being there.

But yeah I have had many Sleep Paraysis experinces, this was by far the worst.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Check out one of my other threads. There is a long 3 page discussion about sleep paralysis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: Forgot to put in the link

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Ajax]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0neup
magestica
Maybe you could explain this too me

I was browsing the Para Threads when I came across this thread and noticed your question...so sorry if my reply is a little late in the game

Your experience is very familiar to me. Most of my former OBE's were much like what you described. I always had a sense that someone else or some other entity was responsible for me having those OBE's. So I went researching books, and people for any information that might add some validity to my suspicion and here's what I discovered:

There are people-usually Shamans or Mystics(anyone that has perfected the art of soul travel/astral travel)-that possess enough power to call your astral self out. These people also have enough power to enforce your out of body episode, so that they are able to summon you out. In most cases people will not just go around doing this to innocent strangers. You will have had atleast one physical contact session with the individual(or atleast they may know of you) There are various reasons why you are 'chosen' to be summoned. Most of the time it isn't to harm you in any way(as that is nearly an impossible feat), it's usually done to communicate or provide some sort of knowledge into your sub/un-conscious. Some of these masters call themselves *shadow warriors*. If you search the web or go to the library, you may find more information than I can provide here, about these characters.

Be aware though that, just as there are people in the physical world who abuse their power, there are people in the astral realm who will likely do the same. There are people involved in the black arts that will summon another's astral body in order to gain knowledge for themselves or to feed some kind of negativity into you during the event.

There are signs or symptoms that you might encompass upon awakening from a OBE where you were summoned by another. One is the feeling of being very drained in energy. Another is feeling invaded or as though there was someone else around during your astral episode. Another is feeling slightly disoriented and confused. And one other is of course the obvious, an unelected OBE or one that you attempted to awaken from or halt, but failed.

Many people who have experienced these type of OBE's will often feel that they've been abducted(by aliens) or that there was a spirit or demon present. Those cases are extremely rare. It's far more common that these entities are actual people who are in astral form. It's not surprising that we may run into numerous other astral entities such as ourselves while we are fully in an OBE.

I hope I've explained clear enough for you to understand. I find it very difficult to explain this stuff without going into the finer details, so with that said; if you have any direct questions pertaining to anything I've written, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure I'm not the only person on board who has this information so hopefully others might also feel inclined to share in their words some insight or perspective on this subject.

(Also I should mention that there are ways to put a stop to this happening to you or atleast to hone in on who the perpetrator is)

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
And one other is of course the obvious, an unelected OBE or one that you attempted to awaken from or halt, but failed.

Many people who have experienced these type of OBE's will often feel that they've been abducted(by aliens) or that there was a spirit or demon present. Those cases are extremely rare. It's far more common that these entities are actual people who are in astral form. It's not surprising that we may run into numerous other astral entities such as ourselves while we are fully in an OBE.

These are very good points. If you can't halt an OBE it's bad news indeed.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've woken up before paralyzed, but the thing was is that there was a buzzing sound, like a table saw but really loud, and the distinction between sleep and awake was very clear- This has happened a few times and the last time I was able to successfully break the paralysis almost immediately.

new topics

top topics

join