It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very severe sleep paralysis, tried AP, Help!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I am posting about sleep paralysis and astral travel again because last night was the most severe case I've ever had of it, and it keeps coming back more and more. The usual happened, I was mad tired and dozed off, for whatever reason I had a bad dream and abruptly half opened my eyes, realizing that my body wouldn't move. I was completely concious and coherent so I knew what was about to happen, the horrors I would shortly endure.

It's strange because after a lot of posting and reading on these forums, I had decided I was going to "induce" sleep paralysis so that I could experience an OOBE or AP. But when I felt it happening, and it did happen, I struggled and did not let it take me over, the fear was too overpowering.

A tall completely black sillouette came towards the side of my bed, I could completely see it with my eyes open and I knew it had come for me. I felt pure dread. I futilely struggled to regain control to no avail, but was able to will the image away only temporarily. Utterly stuck in my paralysis, I realized that I actually wanted to let it take me. I would give in and not resist so I could experience astral projection or OOBE, I would remain calm. I felt my body sinking again and the shadow materialized and shambled towards me. I heard a soft buzzing in my ears which grew to a woman's pure scream/shreik of terror. This sparked something in me and the horror was too much to endure. After I was halfway to letting it consume me I desperately fought and fought, and FINALLY woke myself up. It felt so real and horrifying, I felt like it actually touched me.

Thoughts entered my mind such as, "what if people have been lying this whole time and have never let it take control over them." "What if when you 'give in' you actually die, instead of having an OOBE, and no one has done it." Tons of people die in their sleep and never wake up. What if everyone is lying and haven't done it, when you do"accept" you actually die in your sleep. Things like that.

I soon felt myself more exhausted and was fading fast. Knowing it would happen again I turned on the lights, waiting for it all to pass. I finally went back to bed after it all passed, with the rest of the night being uneventful. Someone please help or counsel me.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Ajax]

[edit on 20-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Fire burns it's hot. Sleep paralysis is scary don't play with it on purpose.

-ADHDsux4me

SMR

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I feel your 'pain' Ajax.
This is something that occures every night for me and has been since I was about 7 years old.
It gets so sevre,it hurts at times.Not my entire body,but my head.The loud buzzing/humming gets to the point that I feel it.The only way I can get out of it is by doing sudden 'jerking' movements.I cant speak at all which sucks because I cant get the attention of my G/F lying next to me who is usually still awake watching TV
In the last few years I have learned to 'deal' with it.By that I mean I let it take over and do it's thing,whatever that may be.I know when it is coming as I feel it,so I just lay there till it comes and let it go.At times it hurts as I said,but there really is no use in fighting it as in my case,if I snap out of it before it takes over or while it does it's thing,it comes back.
I have been letting it do it's thing now for some time and as far as I can tell,nothing has occured.No time loss that I am aware of.No harm physically that I am aware of either.

So as for what you have quoted:

Thoughts entered my mind such as, "what if people have been lying this whole time and have never let it take control over them." "What if when you 'give in' you actually die, instead of having an OOBE, and no one has done it." Tons of people die in their sleep and never wake up. What if everyone is lying and haven't done it, when you do"accept" you actually die in your sleep. Things like that.

I have 'given in' as I am finally tired of fighting it.It is exhausting when you try and fight it,and you wont get any sleep.
Perhaps my SP is different.Perhaps my experience does not require me to have any harm done.
Tonight I will go to bed and expect the suttle buzz/hum that eventually feels like I have my head in a light socket.A frozen shell that cant move and a voice that cant scream.It will pass after moments and I will finally be able to rest,,,,,,untill the next night when it comes again to do it's thing.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yeah, I've had very severe episodes of sleep paralysis. At the time I did not know much about astral projection or OBE or gave it any conscious thoughts. Mine were very aggressive, and I would fight back.

I would awaken from sleep, but only half-awake and completely paralyzed and feel the presence of something dragging me down back into sleep. It's presence was dark, almost evil. I fought against it by trying to wake up, motivated by the fear of not returning, but everytime I woke up, in just seconds, I would be sucked back into the nothingness. This struggle would go on for several minutes, almost like struggling to breathe. Eventually, I would fire on every cylinder, exercise my full will power, and just lunge myself out of bed.

The most horrifying episode I had was about 4 months ago. It happend ver y spontaneously. I felt my soul sucked out of my body and ascend into the skies, it was a wonderful divine experience, I felt as if I had been held by the hand of God. There was a beautiful resplendent sun filling my surroundings with light. I then remember a fear coming over me, that immediately engulfed me, causing me to fall back down to my body, but even further, into what seemed like a bottomless pit of hell. I continued to fall into this infinity of darkness and nothingness and I felt the presence of something really evil. It was so dark, I was suffocating. I was completely powerless against it. I tried with every ounce in my strength to break away from it. I couldn't at first, I was beginning to think maybe I've died and gone to hell.

Eventually like a regular SP, I broke out into wakefulness, only to be pulled back in. The struggle continued, except this time everytime I lunged out of bed, I would still fall back in. After what seemed like an eternity of nothingness, I got up, drawed the curtains, and as soon as the light of the day shone through, it was all over.

I still have no idea what happend that day. It was not like a regular SP. It did however change me completely, making me really realize how dark my subconscious world was due to my excessive negativity, depression and skepticism about god, love, peace. Since then, I made a consious effort to move towards the light I am still making that effort today.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
i know exactly what your talking about

this is exactly the same as to what i experience.. it 's enough to make you not want to sleep ever again.

in the end i learnt no to fear it and welcomed it instead.. it took several months for me to achieve this but the evil presence has now just about gone.

let me know how it goes

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Fear can and will manifest in the astral. Protect yourself and show no fear and everything will be fine. Learn to control your thoughts, invest time in meditation, it helps a lot.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ive been having sleep paralysis for the last 2 weeks, ive never had it before and i believe it is somehow related to me trying some techiques to AP, but its never been scary for me.
Whilst it was creepy the first time, as it was a hot night and i couldnt get to sleep then i started dozing in and out of sleep, when i noticed soft music comming from the end of my bed followed by loud banging sounds and what sounded like things moving around my room. i was instantly startled and my first thought was that i have to get up now, but i couldnt move no matter how hard i tried, then i realised it was sleep paralysis and was all "oh lol sleep paralysis" so i just went with it and eventually my mind went off again and that was it.
Everytime since its been rather pleasant, i find sleep paralysis to feel very relaxing in a strange sort of way.

edit: I have been meditating and trying AP techniques to get this far. have yet to AP or even try to project once i go into SP , i just like to go with the flow. see what happens and see how it feels.

[edit on 15/10/04 by Githzerai]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Those are my exact fears. I have tried so hard to overcome them but I can't. I wish I could either get past those fears and have an OBE or that my sleep paralysis would just stop completely.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax
I am posting about sleep paralysis and astral travel again because last night was the most severe case I've ever had of it, and it keeps coming back more and more. The usual happened, I was mad tired and dozed off, for whatever reason I had a bad dream and abruptly half opened my eyes, realizing that my body wouldn't move. I was completely concious and coherent so I knew what was about to happen, the horrors I would shortly endure.

If its a real problem for you, don't you think you might consider a visit to your doctor and having them recommend seeing someone?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey peeps...my name is Doug and I am 25 years old...I have had SP since I was about the age of 5-7. For many years I was afraid to go to bed as the evil would surly come for me. Just about a 2 or 3 months ago I found out that I had SP�I had no idea; I just thought that it was a recurring nightmare. I have done a lot of research on the subject matter. I am Wiccan and practice and follow the path. I have learned that I am able to use my SP in a very very positive way. The key to this is to realize that you are having an SP episode and that no harm with come to you. For you guys who say that you feel pain�yes very possible�but�I am afraid to tell you that the evil does not cause this�it does to a degree but the evil its self does not cause it. Just like when you worry too much�or stress too much..Your head starts to hurt�you belly begins to hurt. Although no physical harm has come to you, your body does things to protect it and as a result it causes you pain. Now back to the usefulness of SP. Once you realize that SP will not hurt you, you will be able to do wonderful things. You will be able to AP and become lucid very easily. The key is to stay calm and relaxed. As hard as this may sound for some of you, it is possible with practice. I am able induce SP for the most part at will. This would be so much easier if I could just talk to you vs. typing this message. The evil that you all feel is a side effect of not being able to move and being awake. You fears take over; your mind begins to think the worse. Once you realize that nothing will happen to you things will be much better. For the most part what you are doing is putting your body to sleep but at the same time your mind is staying awake, which makes becoming lucid and AP possible�if anyone has any other questions feel free to email me at [email protected] or send me a message with yahoo messenger at none_beer

Looking forward to sharing helpful hits and tricks

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
FWIW: I used to have SP all the time while growing up and into early adulthood. My mother had it too, and remains terrified of it to this day. Mine stopped cold the day I started taking Dexedrine for treatment of ADHD, and only experienced again when going off the medication for months at a time.

Some sleep disorders and SP are related to the frontal lobe in the brain as are many disorders such as ADHD. Treat one, and you treat them all I guess...

Before it stopped I figured out a way to break myself out of it quickly, though. First, I had to recognize I was having one of *those* dreams. I would try and remain still (not hard when paralyzed but in my head) and then try and wiggle the tip of one finger. Once I felt the finger move, I moved the other four, then my hand, wrist, elbow, and as soon as my arm would move, then I would be OK and pull myself out of it completely. I HAD to try hard to not "move" anything else or even try to. I'm glad they've stopped.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have had a few different things happen as far as a sp. One being the sleep stage where the body is supose to be in a state of p, to keep the sleeper/dreamer from movement that may injure him/herself ~ not fun to wake up in the middle of.

Another, Almost the same, but being aware of that state for a longer period of time and actualy struggleing to come out of it. Even after the dream has ended, still being stuck motionless but fully aware.

*** Another I am not sure I understand is one that don't happen often, and generaly happens in the same place (on the couch). I am awake, I don't even know if I had been dreaming. My body is still (I can't move or talk but can think clearly) ~ the thing that is so strange here is that although my body is still, it feels as if there is a person moving arms or legs. As if they are pulling or pushing or playing with my feet. ***

Another I will mention is the old hag syndrom - a friend has a problem with this for over 20 years, it was recently remidied a few years ago. This is believed to be a spirit or non-pysical being actuay holding a person down.

Anyone have a clue about the one I have *** above?

Angela

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
*** Another I am not sure I understand is one that don't happen often, and generaly happens in the same place (on the couch). I am awake, I don't even know if I had been dreaming. My body is still (I can't move or talk but can think clearly) ~ the thing that is so strange here is that although my body is still, it feels as if there is a person moving arms or legs. As if they are pulling or pushing or playing with my feet. ***

I've had something similar happen to me. I felt hands massaging my head while in a semi-awake state. From something I read a long time ago, its supposedly energy work being performed by energetic beings.

Dae

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hiya Ajax

I know so well what you are going though, not that my episodes were like yours, I got pain as my fear (and fear it is, 'cos when my fear lessened so did the pain). I see a few people also have this opinion that fear is a factor in these experiences.

You see I'm reckoning its fear of death/dying. I've always said I'm not afraid of what happens after I die...its always been the dying part (pain) that has me quaking in my subconscious and not so subconscious boots. For me it would go like this:

• Fall asleep + some time later.
  • Become conscious (not awake) that I'm in sleep paralysis (I also believe I was 'hovering' just slightly out of my body each time).
  • Sometimes hear and see things (sometimes people who I know and who are alive).
  • I then dread me fighting against this and the pain (in my ears...aggg it really hurt bad sometimes) that was to come.
  • Intense pain in both my ears (I belive that this was me coming back from the said hovering).
  • Paralyses would wear off and I become awake.

Depending on the Blue Cheese Count (*shrugs*, I dunno) this can loop for a few times until 'proper' sleep claimes me.

I talked to friends about it at the time (no net access to research or anything, blet) and I came to the rough conclusion that I had to relax into it, surrender to it all. Not easy, especially when the pain doesn't lesson up when you're trying to surrender (it was a gradual lessoning for me...certainly not a Pay As You Go service (I wanna refund!)).

But you know what? It hasn't gone away, nope, its actually starting to come back (past three years or so) and with minimal or no pain at all (as yet!).

I wish you luck in your illumination!

Dae

PS I had in the beginning, which was also the most intense period (its never as bad as the first time I reckon), of what I would call, two proper out-of-yer body experiences, in both cases I was very very aware I wasn't in my body under the blankie but that "I" was defiantly floating about the place.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
im very confused about all this but i wonder if what has happened to me is any similar to this but what happened to me is 1 time when i was sleeping it felt like i was awake but fixed on the 1 spot in ma room wich was the door but i can remeber a bang at the door and somthing running to the bottle off the bed and yanking my covers up at the bottom of my bed and grabbing my legs and pulling them into the air and theres a twist as well my gf at the time had the same thing ,we had both expericanced this at the same time she screamed when this feeling of sumthing travelling to the bed occured now is this the same as what u's are describbing and what does all this mean exactly

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
before i forget www.stanford.edu...

very gd info, so ask parents or relatives if this has happened as it runs in familys

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
sleep paralysis is most likely you missing the exit...then remembering the part recorded from your bodie's side.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

I've had something similar happen to me. I felt hands massaging my head while in a semi-awake state. From something I read a long time ago, its supposedly energy work being performed by energetic beings.

I do energy work on myself and others - but I've never had one of them do work on me :-)
It kind of felt like there was an invisable me inside me and they were trying to pull it out. LOL, I know, sounds silly.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rugoolian
before i forget www.stanford.edu...

very gd info, so ask parents or relatives if this has happened as it runs in familys

that hypr link didnt work for me...but i did search the Stanford>sleep paralysis>...its basically a physiological malady
narco lepsy or whatever....

I thought ya'll ment the esorteric paralysis, that one 'induces' to be able to perform an OOBE...

to leave ones copreal body, unattended...(but not un-guarded)

this sleep paralysis, must be a different experience...with all the
'panic attacks' and 'traumas' reported by ya'll....

? Physiological change of blood & nureal connections to muscle groups?
maybe, the brain (as regulator of life systems) is concentrating more on the bodies growth systems and organs maintenance, especially for the most often affected (adolescents) .....than for being prepared against those morbid 'panic attacks'??

might be something for someone interested--- to research into,

chow, mon ami

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
its really weird, sometimes when i try and relax in bed this happens. But im not too sure of it. From what you guys are saying what happens to you kind of happens to me. mabey im just inturpriting it differently. anyways, when i relax in bed i begin to have this tingly sensation thru my body, but it is more consintrated on my left shin (just to let you know this sensation in my left shin i can summon at anytime during the day). the only way i can describe this feeling is if you where to go to dentist to get a tooth pulled, they would give you nitrus oxide (laughing gass) its that kind of feeling. My head starts to pulse, the only way I can explain this if you where to dream that you where falling at least for me it does. I would really like to try SP/AP/OBE but am worried that this isnt normal.
sorry if this doesn't make much sense kind of hard to explain

-Dagger

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join