It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vigorous gas eruption from Ontario golf course pond

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Firstly, I would advise anyone witnessing anything like this to only video it from a distance, if this is any kind of volatile gas there is a risk of explosion, and you also could be overcome by the gas and either be poisoned or suffocate.

The person videoing says it smells like propane. Mercaptan is added to some gases to make the non-odorless ones easier to detect when there is a leak. However, the newspaper article says this was not a leak and was a natural gas pocket. So was it a gas pocket or was it a cover-up? Looks more to me like some kind of pipeline break.

Newspaper report:

Nat gas leak - natural or pipeline?

edit on 18-6-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: fixing youtube link

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I don't know much at all about that sort of thing, but my gut tells me that it's a broken pipe...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
I don't know much at all about that sort of thing, but my gut tells me that it's a broken pipe...

Mine too. But according to the newspaper article, they had various utility, Gas company and municipal people on site and said it was a "gas pocket". You would think they would know the difference, right? And it would be easy to check utility/pipeline maps to see if there was anything underneath the pond........

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

It would be easy enough to tell, and if the gas company or whoever says it was a naturally occurring pocket, I see no reason to disbelieve them. As I said, I know next to nothing about that sort of thing. From looking at it, though, I wouldn't think it to be natural.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
wow that's quite a spectacle. a rogue spark could surely cause a catastrophe?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I am going wit a natural gas pocket on this one.

If you look at the total surface area where all that gas is spewing out in the pond then this would not coincide with a burst pipe!

Unless the pipe was about 15 metres (49 feet) or more in diameter that is!

A little snippet about the sizes of gas transmission pipes in Canada :

Transmission pipes can measure anywhere from 6 to 48 inches in diameter, depending on their function.

Certain component pipe sections can even consist of small diameter pipe, as small as 0.5 inches in diameter.

However, this small diameter pipe is usually used only in gathering and distribution systems.

Mainline transmission pipes, the principle pipeline in a given system, are usually between 16 and 48 inches in diameter.

Lateral pipelines, which deliver natural gas to or from the mainline, are typically between 6 and 16 inches in diameter.

Most major interstate pipelines are between 24 and 36 inches in diameter.

The actual pipeline itself, commonly called ‘line pipe’, consists of a strong carbon steel material, engineered to meet standards set by the American Petroleum Institute (API).

In contrast, some distribution pipe is made of highly advanced plastic, because of the need for flexibility, versatility and the ease of replacement

More here : naturalgas.org...

Kindest respects

Nibs
edit on 18-6-2015 by Nibbles because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nibbles

Nice. Thanks for the info!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
wow dont know if i would be standing that close! he even says it smells like propane and just stands there? crazy.

now if there was a nice hill and i had a bow and arrow

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nibbles

Confirmed

On Wednesday June 17th, 2015, at approximately 7:52 a.m., Lambton County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) was requested to attend an area on Lakeshore Road regarding a gaseous odour. Upon arrival, natural gas was observed bubbling up out of a small pond and determined to be a natural gas pocket. Indian Hills Trail West will be restricted to local traffic only as it is unknown at this time how long this natural gas leak will continue.
www.lakeshoreadvance.com...

Impressive sight , now where's my lighter.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nibbles

If you look at the total surface area where all that gas is spewing out in the pond then this would not coincide with a burst pipe!

Unless the pipe was about 15 metres (49 feet) or more in diameter that is!

A little snippet about the sizes of gas transmission pipes in Canada :

Transmission pipes can measure anywhere from 6 to 48 inches in diameter, depending on their function.

Certain component pipe sections can even consist of small diameter pipe, as small as 0.5 inches in diameter.

However, this small diameter pipe is usually used only in gathering and distribution systems.

Mainline transmission pipes, the principle pipeline in a given system, are usually between 16 and 48 inches in diameter.

Lateral pipelines, which deliver natural gas to or from the mainline, are typically between 6 and 16 inches in diameter.

Most major interstate pipelines are between 24 and 36 inches in diameter.

The actual pipeline itself, commonly called ‘line pipe’, consists of a strong carbon steel material, engineered to meet standards set by the American Petroleum Institute (API).

In contrast, some distribution pipe is made of highly advanced plastic, because of the need for flexibility, versatility and the ease of replacement

More here : naturalgas.org...

Kindest respects

Nibs

Sorry but I would have to respectfully disagree.

Gas in a pipeline is under tremendous pressure and a vigorous release even from a small pipeline I would expect to look exactly like this.

It could be a pocket, but I wouldn't rule out a gas line.

Here is a video of a gas leak directly into the air:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
for anyone who wants to deny that this is a natural geological event - one simple task :

identify the pipe that runs under the area

put up or shut up - simples

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Interesting. If it is a natural gas eruption, what are the possible causes for the eruption? Either something moved or maybe something is brewing underground.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think it´s a gas pocket. I´m not sure if they would lay pipes through that kind of vegetation. Sure, it could be that the pipe is located somewhere around and it´s just the escape point.

a reply to: admirethedistance
Going down that path of reasoning, if it was a pipeline break...
they would have to fix it, this would be noticeable and not deniable.

Also they would know pretty fast because they have pressure/m³ meters at knot points and they would shut that pipe down temporarily, wich in turn could be noticeable to other customers in the area or further away if it´s not a local distribution pipe.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yellowstone North

Charge admission

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If it is a natural gas eruption, what are the possible causes for the eruption?

I'll start the list. Perhaps nibiru draweth nigh?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wow, that's incredible. I know one thing, if I came across that scene and it smelled like propane I would have left nothing but my still steaming entrails behind.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
should have lit it

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Is it possible that this pond is used for irrigation on the golf course, and what we are seeing is something acting up from the irrigation system? A lot of courses use the ponds for irrigation.

Another thought... many ponds on golf courses have large fountains in them to keep the water cleaner (for irrigation purposes like above), and I'm wondering if this has something to do with a malfunctioning fountain? The amount of water & waves that are being put out seems very excessive to be a pipe breaking, but you never know.

I don't see a pump house in the video, so I could be totally wrong on both of these!

ETA - The fact that the person taking the video smelt gas kind of derails my ideas.
edit on 18-6-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hey guys. There are many, many incidents of pipeline explosions in the news right now, simply google it. So, no, there is no reason to cover it up if it were a pipeline leak. This is a natural methane leak and it may have a hint of hydrogen sulfide in it giving it somewhat of a gas smell. The gas is migrating from the deep depths and then explodes out to the surface. This is probably happening right now a lot more than we know or are being told. The reports of loud booms and rotten egg smells all over the place are probably situations like this, but not as big. I wonder if there were any loud booms heard in the area of this golf course around the time of this eruption.

Do we know if there are any fracking operations in the area? This just shows how much trouble we are in because this isn't normal. I know that in some areas where gas has bubbled up there was an underlying cause such as fracking in PA where methane is leaking out from fault lines within the shale field, or in LA by the Bayou Corne Sinkhole when all the gas was bubbling up from the salt dome collapse and bubbles were appearing in people's yards in the area. Other than that, I'm sure this is happening in a very small scale in areas of lakes and streams, and possibly in some areas where these loud booms are reported, but nothing has actually been substantiated like this. Those are more than just bubbles, they are explosions of gas.

Just like you pointed out PlanetX, there is danger for anyone nearby to this. I believe these methane and hydrogen sulfide leaks are responsible for sudden die offs of birds, land animals and fish. These types of explosions that happen as the gas migrates to the surface from the ancient depths. Keep watching folks, this will become a common occurrence and more and more people's lives will be in danger as well...and soon we'll become numb to it and pretend it's something that has always been happening, just like we have become numb to so many of these other events I have been writing about. It's nice that something like this has finally been caught on camera and documented like this because I'm sure they are happening more often than we think or are being told.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

Underground natural gas and petroleum lines in the US are marked at intervals and usually visible by the route being cleared of vegetation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join