It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vigorous gas eruption from Ontario golf course pond

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

And not run through/under ponds.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Interesting. If it is a natural gas eruption, what are the possible causes for the eruption? Either something moved or maybe something is brewing underground.

Ancient gas is in pockets very deep below us and for some reason it is migrating to the surface. Fracking is a major cause of this migration as evidenced in Pennsylvania where it is actually migrating into the water supply. This is happening everywhere though. Does anyone know if there is fracking in this part of Ontario.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Nibbles

hello.

the witness said it smelled of nat gas.

but don;t they mix chemicals to nat gas to give it a scent? just sayin'....

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Wow, that's incredible. I know one thing, if I came across that scene and it smelled like propane I would have left nothing but my still steaming entrails behind.

Awww hell, I'd just light up a cigarette and watch.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

It smells like natural gas yet natural gas doesn't really have a sulfur smell without the additive. It could be that there have been some small quakes in the area, or maybe it really is not methane at all. It could also be trapped gasses of other kinds. Possibly volcanic gasses.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This exact same thing happened at the end of my street when I was a kid. Very good fun!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Interesting. If it is a natural gas eruption, what are the possible causes for the eruption?

Well, the golf course might be located in the middle of an ancient rhyolitic caldrea.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Rezlooper

It smells like natural gas yet natural gas doesn't really have a sulfur smell without the additive. It could be that there have been some small quakes in the area, or maybe it really is not methane at all. It could also be trapped gasses of other kinds. Possibly volcanic gasses.

I'm going to guess and say that maybe the gas had a smell but not of propane and he was mistaken. Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I live here, I have played that course at least 50 times and I can say without a doubt there are no gas lines running under that golf course.

Check out this thread by Rez and I have posted quite a few links starting near the bottom of the page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And as of right now it is still going just like in the video.......scary thoughts....its about one mile from Lake Huron.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder
I live here, I have played that course at least 50 times and I can say without a doubt there are no gas lines running under that golf course.

Check out this thread by Rez and I have posted quite a few links starting near the bottom of the page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And as of right now it is still going just like in the video.......scary thoughts....its about one mile from Lake Huron.

Regards, Iwinder

Thank you for the update! Very cool that we have a member who is so close

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: admirethedistance

Underground natural gas and petroleum lines in the US are marked at intervals and usually visible by the route being cleared of vegetation.

Yeah, like I said, I know next to nothing about this sort of thing, so my earlier comments were admittedly ignorant.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: rickymouse

If it is a natural gas eruption, what are the possible causes for the eruption?

I'll start the list. Perhaps nibiru draweth nigh?

I disagree. This is obviously the work of Vladimir Putin...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Your welcome, also there is a lot of natural gas in Southern Ontario and the gas fields start about 20/ more like 25 miles to the south.
The only thing out there is the golf course and the Reservation and they own the property.......that said if there were Natural gas avialable in that area there would be no golf course. I'm 55 years old and I played that course for the first time when I was in my early teens so that tells you its been there for a spell.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

So was it a gas pocket or was it a cover-up? Looks more to me like some kind of pipeline break.

If that is a pipeline break I'll be damned that the pipe layers were not fired for laying a line that really zigs and zags all over the place in one small area:-)

I always thought pipe lines were layed to run straight as much as possible.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
for anyone who wants to deny that this is a natural geological event - one simple task :

identify the pipe that runs under the area

put up or shut up - simples

Well, I said I was open to both possibilities, just speculating on either, an event that happens....oh......about a thousand times a day on ATS.

I was intrigued because the person filming the event said they smelled a "propane smell", we know they add mercaptan to certain gases to detect leaks, but you would not smell it from a natural pocket, correct?

Also, genius, I don't think utility companies leave the plans of their major gas lines lying around on the internet because.......oh........maybe it would not be smart for everyone including criminals and terrorists to have access to them?

So please get off your high equine and remove the excretory liquid from your cereal.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Natural gas is odorless and colourless propane is odorless and colourless they only smell because ethyl mercaptan is added to it so leaks can be identified.

Methane does have a smell so it could be a methane pocket but that should smell like a sewer not rotten eggs like propane.

Maybe the guy in the video couldn't tell the difference, but if it actually did smell like propane then it wouldn't be naturaul.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Your welcome, also there is a lot of natural gas in Southern Ontario and the gas fields start about 20/ more like 25 miles to the south.
The only thing out there is the golf course and the Reservation and they own the property.......that said if there were Natural gas avialable in that area there would be no golf course. I'm 55 years old and I played that course for the first time when I was in my early teens so that tells you its been there for a spell.
Regards, Iwinder

Hey Iwinder, so there is fracking in the area? but about 20 miles away. That still may have played a role because that is what's happening in PA.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
oops, double post
edit on 18-6-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Would not earth form her own orifice where bouts
she would need to flatulate gaseous bubbles?
Would not an oily discharge occur?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Regards, Iwinder

Hey Iwinder, so there is fracking in the area? but about 20 miles away. That still may have played a role because that is what's happening in PA.

I can't say for certain but I do not believe so. That is not fact just that I cannot find any information of Fracking in our area here.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join