It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The All-Girl Soldier Club: Child Warriors of Donetsk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just saw this and thought it was very interesting...

I think it is fine that they do this, as the US does the same thing...but I just hope they don't join the fight (if that is what they want to do) before they have gotten older and a bit wiser.

And if there is a problem with the title...please take it up with VICE, as I'm just bringing an interesting video to ATS.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Oh... nice...

How very Hitler Youth'ish.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Oh... nice...

The 'Hitlerites' are in Kiev, not Eastern Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing up a GLOBAL issue that is not being handled well, or better say at all! I guess that's the consequence of foreign affairs that the powerful countries are having/conducting? Not sure what's the right word, hope you get the point.

I can only imagine what's going on in the middle east and can only speculate who's fault is that...or maybe we know..hmmm
edit on 16-6-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

How does this tie into the video? (im asking for clarification as I think I am misreading your post).

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

A little...but I wasn't going that route.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Thanks for bringing up a GLOBAL issue that is not being handled well, or better say at all! I guess that's the consequence of foreign affairs that the powerful countries are having/conducting? Not sure what's the right word, hope you get the point.

I can only imagine what's going on in the middle east and can only speculate who's fault is that...or maybe we know..hmmm

Might I ask...

What exactly are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm saying that we should look at this issue on a global scale, and not just treat it as a local incident, because this is literally happening all over the world.

Damn...my english does sucks
edit on 16-6-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Actually Russia...

And they are now called Putinites.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I'm saying that we should look at this issue on a global scale, and not just treat it as a local incident, because this is literally happening all over the world.

Damn...my english does sucks

The UN has addressed the issue of child soldiers. The problem we run into is when the so called governments in Donetsk and Lugansk are not recognized by anyone, including the UN, where the no child soldiers agreements originated from.

In this case it specifically deals with Donetsk so trying to move the conversation to something other than Donetsk would be off topic.

Question - If you think this is an issue world wide then why would you not denounce whats occurring in Donetsk instead of trying to move the argument into a non specific realm?

You seem more interested in getting Donetsk and its actions out of the topic you claim is an issue. Why?
edit on 16-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: intrptr

Actually Russia...

And they are now called Putinites.

The Russians defeated Nazism, not embellished it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Don't feed the trolls. All it does is derail the thread into anything but the topic.

Maybe he could address the topic and what his stance is on child soldiers and the DNR version of the hitler youth.

edit on 16-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Maybe he could address the topic and what his stance is on child soldiers and the DNR version of the hitler youth.

Have we seen same video ?

I haven't seen there "child soldiers". 1-2 days of marching and stupid time test with AK doesn't make you soldier.

I would even say they are pussies compared to what kind of "war games" were done during USSR times, mind you same age.

I was running 2 km with gas mask on in what is now "the biggest Nato base in Europe" - Adazhi (near Riga) lol

You are exaggerating, it is clear from the video, that they didn't shoot even once from weapons. And you call them soldiers, lol.

And considering they are indeed living in the war zone, I would say the trainings were very moderate. Mostly stupid marching like they are on parade. You probably haven't seen real footage of african small children with real guns with real bullets shooting for real.

edit on 20-6-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It's not "All-Girl", it's teenagers of both genders.

The US Army recruits kids from 11 years of age as well:

US Army Cadets Corps

Cadets are members, who are between the ages of 12 and 18 (although 11 year olds can be accepted after 5th grade). They must be enrolled in school and receiving passing grades, be drug and crime free, must be proportional to his/her height.

We have army and even police cadets here in Canada. What's the big deal?

Because it's Donetsk and Rupert Murdoch's VICE is reporting it it's suddenly horrific!?

VICE is also being consistent with their sexism here.
edit on 25/6/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

Fox has a 5% stake in Vice. Shane Smith and co still maintain around an 80% stake in the company. Do you really think Rupert Murdoch has any say in Vice's stories? Face it Vice are some of the best investigative journalists out there and over the past year they have been digging up legitimate concerns in regards to Russia and te Ukrainian separatists.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

VICE's expansion to Europe is due to Murdoch's (FOX)... explanation.

A minority share stake is more than just significant when this strategic stake has multiplied the value of VICE to 1.4 billions, in just two years. So that's how much VICE is suddenly indebted to Murdoch... by several hundred millions. So VICE Europe pretty much IS Murdoch's VICE".

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is like high school ROTC...it is good for them and keeps you out of trouble. It did for me...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Reminds me of this exchange from the original "Red Dawn."

Mayor Bates: Yes, well... he's a leader, but not in a violent or physical way. You see, Daryl... he's more of a politician, like his father.
Colonel Ernesto Bella: A member of an elite paramilitary organization: "Eagle Scouts."

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It's not "All-Girl", it's teenagers of both genders.

I see you missed this...

And if there is a problem with the title...please take it up with VICE, as I'm just bringing an interesting video to ATS.

Probably should have read the OP.

Because it's Donetsk and Rupert Murdoch's VICE is reporting it it's suddenly horrific!?

You do know that 5% is not going to give you say in anything VICE does...

Here enjoy the read...

www.marketingmag.ca...

VICE is also being consistent with their sexism here.

So calling those who are into what they are doing warriors is somehow sexist in what way?

Also know they are pointing out how the girls are competing with the boys and actually doing a good job...again what is sexist about that?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

VICE's expansion to Europe is due to Murdoch's (FOX)...

SO tell me what about these minority shareholders...are they also in charge and telling VICE what to do?

A&E to take a stake in Vice Media at $2.5 billion valuation

www.reuters.com...

Sorry last link didn't work.

A minority share stake is more than just significant when this strategic stake has multiplied the value of VICE to 1.4 billions, in just two years.

You do understand that a minority shareholder doesn't change it's status when the company makes money...they just make more money the higher the company wealth and value become.

So that's how much VICE is suddenly indebted to Murdoch... by several hundred millions. So VICE Europe pretty much IS Murdoch's VICE".

No they don't as Murdoch owns 5% with what he paid. That is how you expand a business, you look for investors and either sell them some stake in the company for a set price, or get them to invest with the assurance of seeing a return.

But hey keep believing they owe Murdoch, as it shows how little you know about the whole deal.
edit on 25-6-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join