It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops bust MJ dispensary, destroy camera's and eat some edibles.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
When are people going to grow some backbone, and stand up locally, by refusing to participate or pay taxes or anyone's salary until this is cleaned up to their demands?

Why don't people meet up and group up and stop this?

Great idea! When are you holding your first meeting?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Hey take it easy on the officers everybody. They just wanted to go home to their families that night, high on edibles and joking about abusing the handicapped.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I say give the cops a hair follicle test. Drugs stay in your hair forever. They can probably get a good idea as to when the drugs were consumed too.

Bet they would find more than one illegal substance in that hair.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They talk, walk and act like criminals and bullies.
They could of just knocked instead of acting like total a$$holes but noooo, they had to act like they are sooooo tough.

I'm willing to believe a couple of them are easy to influence since I KNOW that many of them are mentally weak and that weakness is part, or the main reason, why they join the forces but they at least deserve some non-payed offtime.
edit on 12-6-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Until people come together and rise up against Law Enforcement this will never stop. The STEALING of monies from people at traffic stops, the abuse of force that every department has been using against citizens this will never stop. Until the police KNOW that perhaps their families lives might be in danger by releasing their home addresses to the public or perhaps armed citizens will start to answer some of this bull# with firepower...It will NEVER end.a reply to: mOjOm

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

It's about 6 months actually. But yes you are right, they do stay in your system for a very long time. Though the thing is that hair follicle tests tend to be more expensive than urinalysis'. So most places opt just to test your pee. It's just as comprehensive and can detect all the same drugs, just on a smaller window. If this even just happened, then I see no need for a hair follicle test. Spend the money on the urinalysis then spend the difference on other things pertaining to the investigation. No need to waste additional money (we are talking about tax payer money here that will be used to conduct this investigation).

Fun Fact: Shaving your head doesn't save you from a hair follicle test. They can test ANY hair on your body. Yes, even those ones.
edit on 12-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Looks like the police department has issued statements.

"We expect our officers to hold themselves to a certain standard and represent the department and the profession well," Revere said. "If that wasn't done in this case, it's certainly something that, as part of the administrative investigation, the chief will make the appropriate disciplinary recommendation if it's warranted."

Local News Santa Ana
edit on 12-6-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I don't think partaking in Marijuana should be punished.

I think using your badge to rob people of their Marijuana and then partaking in it should result in long incarceration in GP.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So this is how low we've gotten now. The number of crimes they committed on this bust is just a slap in the face of what our justice system was meant to be.

I don't think we'll see anyone stand up to them though. Not till the rules no longer apply to us like it does for them. When that happens I wouldn't want to be them.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

that is good to see.

I hope the first order of business is to remove that female officers commission. She has no place in law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think cops should be regularly drug tested, randomly. Everyone's name goes into a computer system that uses a random number generator to spit out a new name, every day.

Or, they could just do hair testing once a month for everyone. That might work better actually.

Yeah, take a hair sample from all cops once a month for drug testing. I'd support and pay taxes for that.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Sorta like a police state regulating a police state.

It might lead to laboratory corruption.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You know what they're going to say ..

edit on 12-6-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
To anyone working in the MMJ industry.

I commend you for committing daily acts of civil disobedience!

edit on 12-6-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I've said it before, the way that U.S. law enforcement is allowed to treat and abuse U.S. citizens is far more lenient than military standards of handling POW's.

The cops also have more lax escalation of force standards, "uuuh uuum he had a piece of gum in his hand I thought it was a knife so I shot instead of maced him. I would have maced him but he wasn't sitting cuffed on the curb like the other protestors."

reply to: Bobaganoosh

edit on CDTFri, 12 Jun 2015 14:07:30 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago12-05:00Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:07:30 -050007 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

This is a good point that I hadn't ever thought of before. When I was in Iraq, the ROE basically said that the person had to be standing out in the open, pointing his gun at you and firing before you could fire back. They told us the reason for that is because we are supposed to be acting as a police force, not a conquering force.

Funny how the ROE for policework stateside is completely different.

edit on 12-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As someone who has both served in the military abroad and qualified per the State Police standards of my state for a security job I can say cops pretty much get a free pass. In my particular state their are really no laws to protect me as a shooter in defense of myself, even as a security officer I would not have been as protected as cops. Here the jury is given instructions to base their findings on common sense basically. For example if I were to shoot a 70 yr old lady who was waving her cane around I'm cooked. I shoot an unarmed man who happens to be 6'6' and really angry I'm probably ok.

None of this really applies to officers though. Although it would seem that is changing due to the commonality of recording devices in public. a reply to: Krazysh0t

edit on CDTFri, 12 Jun 2015 14:23:00 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago12-05:00Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:23:00 -050023 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This is honestly bull#.

I just saw this on the news this morning.

The PD is actually daring to say that the video is edited, so therefore they can't use it as evidence yet. They need to review the entire thing before they can make a judgement on exactly what happened.

WHAT???

What does freaking video being edited, has ANYTHING to do with the officer that just started to shove their faces with brownies and edibles?

I am just shocked to see this.

No, it's not a surprise that the officers were behaving the way they were. What's shocking to me, is that the Chief had the AUDACITY to come out and say, they won't do anything yet until the entire surveillance tapes has been reviewed (or gone missing soon lol) because the video that shows the officers eating the edibles are edited.

Oh... sweet jesus mary and joseph. You're f'ing telling me that somebody CGI the officers eating the good stuff?

MAD MAX FURY ROAD please, for god sake. We need to seriously go nuclear desolation and destroy whatever crap we have right now and start things all over again.

This is just ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Yea I do think slowly, but surely, the police culture is going to change. There are just TOO many eyes looking at the rampant corruption and violence in police forces across the country. Tough on crime laws from the 80's and early 90's have run their course and the pendulum is swinging back in the other direction. People are learning that those laws were bad ideas (not surprising to me though, I think Reagan was one of our worst Presidents) and the police are going to have to adapt.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

Like I said, piss test will exonerate or condemn the officers quite easily.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join