It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops bust MJ dispensary, destroy camera's and eat some edibles.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
oh, there will be a change alright.

If you think it's going to be for the better, you're not paying attention.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Yea yea. I've been hearing about that for awhile now. I just don't believe it anymore. Ferguson and Baltimore are examples of how far the violent blowback will escalate. In other words, not beyond the city it is happening in.

No, the change I'm talking about will be peaceful and legal, but that always takes time so people think nothing is happening because people are impatient. But look at things like cities forcing police to wear body cameras, drug testing for steroids, ending the military surplus giveaway to local police forces, etc. The times ARE changing for the better.

edit on 12-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Looks like people are already speaking up on Google about them.

Google reviews
edit on 12-6-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Apparently that handicapped woman was the manager of the store which was given a cease-and-desist order on Feb. 26 yet the store stayed open. So an investigation was launched because it was operating illegally in the city. Now is this common practice for all businesses operating illegally in the city, you know guns-a-blazing? Not only that but destroying the video cameras AND disabling the DVR while eating items from said store? Now the police department is looking into this and wants the entire unedited version of the video and claims its routine for officers to eat their own snacks during a lengthy investigation but clearly they were eating the store's edible drugs (thank god for audio). Good news is the officers will be drug tested but the bad news is no one has been placed on leave, which probably would be paid leave. They better drug test soon!

Isn't the internet great? Because of it everyone's dirty laundry gets aired in real time.

Video: Santa Ana police raid pot shop, then eat its edibles, attorney says

edit on 12-6-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Fist off a Huge S&F for posting this very disturbing video, Not many years ago it would have rendered me speechless but I am afraid Myself and many others are becoming numb to this sort of violence against the public.

What I would love to be is the proverbial fly on the wall during the pre-raid briefing :-) I doubt we will ever know what was said to the "Troops" before they were deployed to destroy and get high.
I actually read this thread many hours ago but gave myself time to cool off before posting and that took a long long time to do.

Lets wait and see how the spin doctor's try and fix this one:-) it should be entertaining to watch their creativity.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 12-6-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

You're right that is total BS. So what if it's edited, which means parts have been cut out. The parts that remain are still valid. They still show the officers damaging property and eating pot brownies. Saying it's edited is not an excuse for anything. Not to mention the fact that secondary confirmation of the hidden video would be much easier if they hadn't damaged and/or destroyed the first set of cameras themselves.

The truth is everyone knows that this is typical SOP for them. The chief or whoever is saying, "We are very concerned about this and we will investigate it." are totally aware that this is normal. They just don't usually get caught so they get away with it. The investigation is nothing more then them buying time while they figure out a way to slip out of it and go right back to abusing their power. They're nothing but liars from the top down. They all know what happens and we all know what happens. Now they know that we know what they already know and they don't like that. Just like any other common thief or mob thug. They are no different.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: truthseeker84

Like I said, piss test will exonerate or condemn the officers quite easily.

As someone who was once on probation (back in my younger years) you can easily cleanse/beat those tests.. Now a hair test you can't fake, well, unless you go "hairless"

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I hope the all lose their jobs.

...And put on a nationwide blacklist. Wouldn't want to send our problem to another city.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Well depending on how old you are, those test have come a long way.
Not as easy to beat anymore but still agree should do hair.
Because it can get out of the pee faster if they are not chronic users (pun intended)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They are disgusting pigs. I mean, that was REALLY BAD, REALLY REALLY BAD. How can they manage to get that many bad people together, seems like there would have been at least ONE good cop there saying wtf are you guys doing.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

in any workforce, a toxic environment can develop when decent employees get sick of the crap that is tolerated. It results from bad leadership.

In Orange Co, CA it seems that miserable leadership and cronyism have been built into the justice system from the top down.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Shouldn't fixing that problem be the number 1 priority of the DOJ??? I mean if you're the Dept. of Justice, you'd think that your first priority would be to oversee and assure that all other sub organizations, in this case state and local Law Enforcement Agencies are in fact operating consistent to what that title means.

Otherwise you're really just the Department of Insane Criminals. Which is more correct IMO to change DOJ to DIC. Because they do seem to be DIC's.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: jhn7537

Well depending on how old you are, those test have come a long way.
Not as easy to beat anymore but still agree should do hair.
Because it can get out of the pee faster if they are not chronic users (pun intended)

I'm 30, so this was 12-14 years ago.. I'm sure the testing has improved, but I'm also sure the cheaters have gotten smarter too.. lol, it's the way of the world...
edit on 12-6-2015 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Apathy helps feed cronyism. And humans are also quite apathetic.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Foderalover

in any workforce, a toxic environment can develop when decent employees get sick of the crap that is tolerated. It results from bad leadership.

That is spot on. I once quit a job for that exact reason. When I got out my health improved and it felt like I had just escaped from an abusive relationship.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hey guys, just came back to see how much this story has gained traction and if there were any new updates, mainstream media etc. I see there has been some new developments regarding what some officers were candidly talking about while on camera. I'm sure it's already been mentioned (the judge who signed the warrant was out having a good time with one of the cops) but it's what the police chief/ SAPD commander said which makes me wonder...

"If they are doing anything else that involves misconduct, the chief will take the appropriate action," Revere said. "I want to investigate: if it's an ugly baby, it's an ugly baby, let's move on. But its frustrating when we get a little snapshot of an incident where we're not able to substantiate or corroborate anything either way. Hopefully, that won't be the case in this instance."

Where do these people in this profession learn to talk? Do they teach you ways to say things in police academy to cover up stuff? An ugly baby? Never heard that term before. But it boils down to a point I want to make. With these comments, it's clear to me there is no intention to actually give a flying # about what these thug cops did. There' is a professionalism in the linguistics police use when talking to the public and the press. They say key words and somehow blend them into their story. He's already alluding there's nothing to see in the video regardless of what he hopes for.

Oh, and to put this in context, Revere has already seen the video.

blogs.ocweekly.com...

edit on 12-6-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

A thing that continues to puzzle me is that no one in authority is coming down hard on their destruction of the camera system.

At the least, that's destruction of private property, at worst, it's intentional evidence tampering. And if they all were in on that, then it's also conspiracy to destroy evidence. An easy five year federal sentence for the whole group. Yet no one's even bringing it up.

If I were an unbent cop supervisor, the whole "we'll just get rid of this evidence before we get started" thing would be more than enough to punt them all.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

You reminded me of something...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I think the answer is in the reluctance to mention it. The fact they don't mention it at all, is all the proof anyone needs to remove any doubt

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

This is despicable behavior of law enforcement officers,
and sadly reflects a substandard internal policy within
the Santa Ana P.D.

Rebel 5

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join