It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Horrific' Police Beating in California Caught on Camera

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Looks like some kind of a show to me. Nerf Billy clubs is the only reasonable answer. They could easily have just cuffed him otherwise. Hey it's not that far from Hollywood.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
snip

I have been in probably over a thousand fights. I never strike the back of heads or use weapons. That is for cowards and bullies. There is a reason it's not allowed in MMA.

If you can't put your weight on your knee down into the back of a guy being electrocuted, secure an arm, then the other, you are in the wrong job.

Tweekers are not super human in strength. I don't know where this is coming from. Most are twitchy with deteriorated muscle and bone.

These guys had a chance to secure, especially when there was four of them, but decided to try and beat him more. They turned into the punks at that point.
edit on Wed Jun 10 2015 by Jbird because: snipped quote of removed post and reply to it

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DestroyDestroyDestroy

originally posted by: butcherguy
Maybe the dude should stop drinking... and doing meth?
Oh.... and beating his mom.

Maybe the cops should stop using excessive force... and killing people?
Oh.... and covering each others asses.

maybe idiot's should stop being idiot's and they won't get beat up / killed.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Tweekers are not super human in strength. I don't know where this is coming from. Most are twitchy with deteriorated muscle and bone.

It doesn't give anyone super strength but it can and does give someone the ability to feel less pain or no pain at all temporarily.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That reminds me of what happened to a friend's mom. Her brother beat the crap out of their mom because she wouldn't give him money for meth.

I've always wondered, does the facilitator really care or are they getting something out of the deal? What parent in there right mind would give their child money for meth? It's unpredictable and unstable, like inviting the devil over for dinner.

I caught a few shows of Intervention at a friends where the mother kept paying and driving her son to get his fix while crying for an intervention. Multiple facepalms ensued.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Thank you so much for a reasoned comment.
Thank you also for pointing out that strikes to the head are not recommended as part of the protocol. There's a simple reason why---you whack the guy across the head with that baton, he might not fall down. You whack him across the back of the knee, front of the knee, or sweep his ankles and he will fall down. It's not about strength or pain, it's about the structure of the human body and the law of gravity.
I'm with ya on the bear! I've never met one in the wild but I would expect him to act in his own best interest. With a whacked-out human, that's not the case.
The late arrivals in this case are the ones I'm most upset about. Reminds me of those officers chasing the horse thief and the late arrivals delivering viscous kicks. The guy is already down. All they have to do is let the laws of gravity help them keep him down. It's not rocket science. It's simply being trained and being confident in that training and not losing critical thinking skills at critical times.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

originally posted by: Mandroid7

It doesn't give anyone super strength but it can and does give someone the ability to feel less pain or no pain at all temporarily.

You are correct.
However---it doesn't allow them to violate the law of gravity. It doesn't give them the ability to levitate. This guy was on the ground when the beaters arrived.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I like that! It does go far as an explanation. Star for the Neft billy clubs.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Modern day gestapo.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Wait, I thought people didn't approve of officers putting their knee/weight on the back of a suspect?

I thought that was excessive force too.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I highly doubt that anyone has said a blanket generalization that putting a knee in someone's back is always excessive force. In certain situations it definitely is though. Such as when it's a 15-year-old girl wearing nothing but a bikini.

As far as meth giving super strength/allowing you to not feel pain...I don't see it. It's nothing I'm proud of, but many years ago I used meth on a regular basis. I still felt pain. Although, after being awake for about 4 or 5 days in a row I would definitely hallucinate and I could easily see someone doing something crazy in that situation, although I never did.

As far as the OP, I doubt you'll find very many people sympathetic to the criminal here. Seems most are already saying he got what he deserved.

No wonder cops have no desire to do their job anymore and are resigning.

You will get what's coming to you though.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if you're in some sort of emergency situation and you're expecting the police to come save you, there's a good chance you'll be disappointed. More often than not they show up after the fact and are only able to investigate. Not saying there's something wrong with police because of that, it's just a matter of physics and not their fault. Unless they happen to just be in the right place at the right time, you're out of luck.

This is just a blog, but I think it lays it out nicely:
www.weatherimagery.com...

Not saying they never prevent things, but if a fight breaks out and someone has a weapon, chances are the whole thing will be over before any officers arrive. If there's a home invasion chances are it will be over and done with by the time the police arrive.

Again, that's not an indictment on police officers and the way they operate, it's just how it works since they can't react to a crime until they get a call and usually at that point a crime is already in progress.

Being a police officer is an extremely difficult job and I have crazy respect for the good ones which, honestly, are the majority. I think the major issue is that many times the bad cops are not held accountable for the things they do.

Sadly, I think many Americans are afraid of the police. I know I am, to an extent, and have refused to call them even when perhaps I should have. I had my house robbed and my car stolen in completely separate incidents and didn't call the cops either time because of the apprehension. I just thought, se la vie, and hoped that if it happened again I could catch the person doing it so I could take care of the issue myself.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: Mandroid7

Wait, I thought people didn't approve of officers putting their knee/weight on the back of a suspect?

I thought that was excessive force too.

Hey, I am all about man-handling a toughguy that's fighting arrest, if they require it to get them into custody.
I don't see anything wrong with a knee to the back to gain wrist control, and reduce arm movement while reducing their view and threat to you.

I don't think that pressure should be put in the wrong place, say the neck at the base of the skull. I also think head strikes should be used in a lethal force situation only, not a payback or compliance scenario, since people can and have died from just one strike to the right place on the head or from spinal injury.

It is as crazy as watching untrained bouncers use a choke hold cutting off the trachea instead if the carotid arteries. It doesn't take a lot to collapse it and kill the guy.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I think that may have been a tiny bit over board as they continued to beat him after they had control of him once 3-4 had him down the beat down should have stopped imo but hey thats LAPD there professionals at giving a beat down they have had years of practice i have not so who am i to say when he had enough lol he deserved an azz whopping but they could have stopped after they had him incapacitated considering all the police shooting people all over i would almost call this restrain they could have just shot him after he lunged at them after 2 tazer hits and got away with it. i say 2 weeks unpaid leave for them and call it a day.
edit on 10-6-2015 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

It's easy to blame the suspect in this case, but since when did police stop acting like police and more like a gang of thugs with a retaliatory mindset? There was no professionalism here.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pez1975

Seriously?

It's not even LAPD. It's not anywhere close to LA.

Did you even read the article?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Many mentions have been made to the strikes to the head with batons.
I am not saying that it is a great thing, but the guy didn't end up with a fractured skull, all he had (in reports so far) were leg injuries.... and those may not have necessarily been caused by baton blows. He could have hit or scraped his knees/ankles on the pavement or twisted something in the scuffle.

It all comes down to his unwillingness or inability to submit. If he was unable to submit due to the drugs controlling his actions, he is still to blame, just like a drunk driver.
We understand how the effects of alcohol leads to a person driving when they shouldn't, but it is still the responsibility of the person ingesting the substance.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Maybe instead of tasers we should give the cops thorazine or chloroform so instead of a beatdown suspects can just go nite-nite.

IIRC, that was "The Monitors". Little spray cans instead of guns.

The Monitors are here to protect you.
Believe in the Monitors.
Peace is strength.
The Monitors bring peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

It's easy to blame the suspect in this case, but since when did police stop acting like police and more like a gang of thugs with a retaliatory mindset? There was no professionalism here.

You are correct. We do need to keep a close eye on the police. We would need to do that even if there were zero cases of police brutality/corruption.

You are also correct that it is easy to blame the suspect. Even if he didn't bring this all on himself(and I believe that he did), the cops have a job to do, and this guy was endangering himself and other citizens, so he needed to be immobilized. Even after he was in custody, he was trying to bite the paramedics. This is a sad story, but they happen.
I don't blame the cops in this case.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

I made it through 52 years without being arrested. I have never even tried meth.
I am not a drunk.
I don't plan on losing common sense anytime soon.
Look at my post history
Ask some of the members here that are cops, you know who they are. I am not a cop lover. I have been called a cop hater on here.

I think you missed the point of my post. It was not an attack on you, but rather to point out that those the police brutalize, become whatever the police and media need them to be in order to justify the brutality. This guy may be 100% guilty of everything said about him, but I'm not willing to make that judgement based on a youtube video, or a huffpost article.

I grew up in a city of corrupt cops. I've seen them brutalize and demonize people while I was standing there. I have also been the victim of such treatment. On the other hand, I have seen good cops handle situations like this without the brutality shown here.

You're cool with me, bro.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join