It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synthetic proteins will soon be largely available for human consumption.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Here is a report in Australian media about the inevitability of synthetic proteins (petri dish raised meat) becoming mainstream and cutting in to the traditional market.

Dairy disruption likely as synthetic proteins appear

I think in the NWO this stuff is going to be the way to feed the masses left over after the disruption and population reduction. As a result I think that governments will support these kinds of industries. Anyone know how to invest in this? How do I find out which companies are in to this stuff?
edit on 9/6/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
If they can make gains in the gym better bring em' on!

I've been waiting to say this:

"Hon, call the vet" ... "Why?" ... "Because my pythons are sick!"

I could use a few more inches on my chest/arms before I pull that one out though...

In all seriousness, this could be a big breakthrough for developing countries. Protein is very energy-dense. Meat is pretty expensive, and if they can make a protein that's cheap and digestible by humans without adverse effects, it might raise the quality of life for people living in 3rd world countries.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yes....

But what will it taste like?

Tasty wheat?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
No thanks. I will stick to the real thing.

I feel like they are trying to destroy the entire food supply from their GMO crops to our meats they are creating products no one wants or needs.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Just gotta remind folks...

Soylent Green is people!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

No protein is not "very energy dense". Ranks 3rd and has the same calories as carbs. Are lipids, "very very" energy dense?
edit on 9-6-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
No thanks. I will stick to the real thing.

I feel like they are trying to destroy the entire food supply from their GMO crops to our meats they are creating products no one wants or needs.

Yes I agree and I think it is an inevitable outcome of the NWO agenda, but how do we make money out of this now? I could do with some money for prepping.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I beg to differ. There is definitely a market for "guilt-free meat" that comes from a tray instead of an animal. The potential is there for the lab grown meat to be a lot cheaper to produce, healthier (no antibiotics or steroids),with less risk of exposure to pathogens, a consistent taste, far less pollution and no need for millions and million of acres of grazing land.

Then there's the little matter of no animal needing to be killed for the meat.

It also occurs to me that lab grown beef would take tenderness to levels impossible in a living animal. Good riddance to veal farms. All that said, I eat beef at least one meal a day and I personally have no interest in eating the current best attempts at lab grown meat which consists of tiny strips of muscle tissue (at least it has muscle fibers) without any fat. They'll probably have a replacement for pink slime soon but I think they're still quite a few years from lab grown steaks.

edit on 2015-6-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If they can make gains in the gym better bring em' on!

I've been waiting to say this:

"Hon, call the vet" ... "Why?" ... "Because my pythons are sick!"

I could use a few more inches on my chest/arms before I pull that one out though...

In all seriousness, this could be a big breakthrough for developing countries. Protein is very energy-dense. Meat is pretty expensive, and if they can make a protein that's cheap and digestible by humans without adverse effects, it might raise the quality of life for people living in 3rd world countries.

Very astute response, innovative thinking! I agree and just worry about the "no adverse effects" part.

Thinking back on history though, in the middle ages before it became known (was forgotten prior to) that protein, because it was not known how critical it was in diet to keep people alive, and so the life expectancy was very low like 40 years for the average person? And then the beginning of industrialization and population boom. And protein was the key to it all. (If my data isn't correct I blame my history prof.
It was said that not many knew that not getting enough protein was causing people to die before they hit 40ish. (in the middle ages before the industrial revolution began.)

This also made me think of Soylent green

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Eating chicken has always bothered me due to the chemicals used in keeping the birds so-called healthy and which then get passed onto us as 'healthy low-fat protein' when we eat the chicken.

I am always sceptic because I see no honour merely greed in the manufacturers of food today but I see the need for this change. How it will impact on what has been the trend in the UK for little farmers to get eaten by big groups and what these groups will do with all their land and equipment, once a change comes will be interesting.

People have been eating their favourite 'chips' for years without realising not all chips are made of potato so I expect whatever is concocted will taste like fast food anyway, so it should go down well. I suspect the biggest threat to this form of production will be contamination because if a batch gets poisoned/compromised I suspect it will effect one hell of a lot of burgers etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I find that as with all these kinds of product, from GMO grains and vegetables and now lab-grown meat, that I'm fully in support of the concepts presented and really do think that this is the next step towards a future where humans can happily subsist without wrecking the environment.

Except.

Once again, who can trust the people who make this stuff? What are the long term effects? What will they add at the behest of other "interested parties"? What will they take out to save money and please investors?
What laws will be passed to keep the consumer safe and how easily will those laws be circumvented by the unscrupulous?
I'd love guilt free meat. I'd eat it every day.
But first I need some iron clad proof that this is as healthy as the "real thing" and that some cabal of corporate douchebags aren't happy to turn our food supplies to poison just to make a buck.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Artificial 'meat' made from Soy beans has been around for a while now, one has to look for it though.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
or is it soya beans? been a long time...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
"OH Noes!" says every animal we eat.
We are doing them a favor If this becomes mainstream we will not need the real ones...cows will be the first.
1.4 billion cattle in the world today all using valuable resources so bad for the species but good for the environment.
Hope they taste good.

edit on 9-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
You will have to take my pork chop from my cold dead hands!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Imagine a home appliance where you can just get bacon out of....it will be invented.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I wonder if the vegan cultists will eat it.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

My best mate is a lecturer at uni in molecular biology and also a vegan and I asked him about this and he told me he would eat it.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Indigent

Imagine a home appliance where you can just get bacon out of....it will be invented.

Eventually we'll have microwave like machines that rearrange atoms into anything you like but you'll have to buy little packets of powder to fuel it.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

They can make the tastiest bacon, i will wait 20 or so years before eating it, just to see if its safe or people start to die of encephalitis because the bacon factory was more of a prion factory.

The protein reactors we know as cows, pigs, and chickens had eons to get it right, until we made them cannibals that's it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join