It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Difficulties If We Head To Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

The astronauts said they could see cosmic rays going through the glass of their helmut that reacted with their eye retina. IN deep space you literally have nucleus of atoms flying through your body at extremely high speeds, whilst traveling for a very long time.
They need a craft to be enveloped by a magnetic field, or shizz gets real out there.

I read today they could terraform Mars within a year, using factory-like green house gas emissions. But I think that is a stretch, just like the training people are doing to get to Mars in the next decade or two. Not going to happen till they can build the ships.

I think they could send of ships, carrying robotics and machinery, unmanned on the planet is the way to go, ramp that up. Look how far they have come with Sojourner and now the Curiosity rover. They went from a small rover to machine the size of a Volkswagen, the tools of a geologist and Nuclear power that lasts.
edit on 7-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I know who the "draconians" are , my people served them for over 10.000 years, still are in a weird way. Yes they control this planet, even tho insanely unbalanced. Don't worry it's sorted out in the nearest century

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=194286Arbitrageur[/post]
Yeah definitely a threat that's often over looked by laymen speaking of space travel...in college we did the experiments showing the radiation even present on the ground. It does quite a light show near the poles where a lot of solar radiation is routed...Aurora Borialis (sp) is gorgeous.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin

I know who the "draconians" are , my people served them for over 10.000 years, still are in a weird way. Yes they control this planet, even tho insanely unbalanced. Don't worry it's sorted out in the nearest century

Care to share?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

The results indicated that the irradiated mice had slower response times, were forgetful, and even confused.

AHA! No wonder I never remember my past lives when my spirit reincarnates, and I have to learn everything all over again!

Just kidding (unless I'm not)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That would be far stretched, still my bosses tho. Well new boss don't know who yet, they are fighting. I'm hoping it won't be the same bosses again... But we do as we are commanded...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

No problem if they get around to using vehicles that use the mass-canceling drive units the UFOs use. The trips can be made much faster and I suspect--not being a scientists--that the massless field would deflect cosmic rays and similar rays form the hulls once their mass has been eliminated.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Isn't the world record for a man in space being broken aboard the ISS right now? How long we can stay up there is going to be a year isn't it? Let alone two. There are a lot more dangers than just radiation, I think.

We'll see how dude does.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The ISS gets protection from the earth's magnetic field. It's below the Van Allen Belts and in the upper portion of the magnetic field.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The ISS gets protection from the earth's magnetic field. It's below the Van Allen Belts and in the upper portion of the magnetic field.

I was referring to 0 gravity effects on the human physique over long duration. Bone loss, for instance.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I think you need to get off the conspiracy sites for awhile....

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yeah that's currently an issue even with exercise now. I'd imagine though for that kind of a trip they would probably simulate gravity via rotating chambers.
edit on 7-6-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Well if you're referring to warp drives like the warp bubble system then yes in theory they'd be safe. Everything including light and radiation basically get stuck at the edge and pushed around as the ship is in theory not moving, only space around it.

If you're referring to an em drive or solar sailing, sadly no. And currently chemically active engines and those I mention just above would award no protection.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I just hope they don't start shooting UP THERE,but knowing them...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Pretty basic question here - if they couldn't keep the astronauts from being irradiated back in the 60s, how did they keep the rest of the stuff the astronauts needed from being irradiated, such as their food, water, etc? Actually how did they take pics with film? Wouldn't the sun's gamma rays, or what ever they are, have exposed the film right thru the camera and or storage canisters before the astronauts had a chance to snap their first pics?

Oh another question - in leaving the protective atmosphere of the Earth, isn't the effect of the Sun's "cosmic rays" the same as an EMP from a nuclear bomb? How did their electronics continue to work?

Serious questions, but in layman's terms.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

Russians couldn't get Stanley Kubrick lmaooo

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
anyone waste 30$ on the mars one program?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz
a reply to: Gothmog
We're also protected by the Earths magnetic field and clouds ect...space is open and poses a substantial risk. So much so that it has several scientists concerned. According to the link, a trip to Mars with current tech would have serious repercussions to the astronauts partaking in the quest.

Could we create an artificial field around the craft made up of a large amount of the molecules from our atmosphere that protect us from Space? Namely oxygen and nitrogen?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Glad to see you're interested in learning, seriously.

So the center of the Earth is molten and comprised of several different elements such as iron, mercury ect. The constant movement of this slushy core causes a magnetic field effect that extends well beyond the surface and even affords protection for stations ect in low orbit. You can see this in action when observing the Auro borialis (sp) near the poles. This makes me curious as to how they will be protected for an extended stay on Mars as it's core has become solid (Which has contributed, in theory, as to where some of the water present on the surface has gone...blasted away). But back on topic, cameras and transmissions work up there due to the spectrums they operate in but can be affected. They're still shielded by the Earth, the moon, suits ect. They're not in the void between and as easily susceptible to it. The duration is a major factor as well...Mars Colonists or Explorers will have to endure a much much longer time in space with little protection (Currently) which is seriously dangerous. This increased time to allow exposure is akin to not leaving a game of Russian Roulette...the longer you're out there, the more exposure to bad # you allow to happen.

And Solar flares do emit massive amounts of radiation and can affect electronics devices if struck. Something we even encounter here on Earth.

edit on 7-6-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Sadly it's not so much the atmosphere as it is Earth's magnetic field. A warp bubble however would allow faster than light travel and protection from both radiation and larger objects that may pose a threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join