It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine's President Tells Military To Prepare For 'Full-Scale' Russian invasion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Ultralight

this stupid crazy talk really gets on my nerves.

I'm Putin up (pun intended) my house as a bet...Russia will not invade...anyone.

Just stop it.

Better sell your house they already have. This is just the next in a list.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I thought the US invaded with billions of dollars and multiple NGOs in order to subvert Ukraine's political process?

When President Viktor Yanukovych rejected the EU/NATO in late 2013 the plan went into full gear. Russia then reacted.

This is a proxy war between the USA and Russia. Ten years in the making. The US made the first move. If people can't see this then I don't know what to tell ya.
edit on 14-6-2015 by JeanPaul because: Typos

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JeanPaul

You guys keep repeating the same thing yet offer absolutely nothing to support your claims.

Can you provide any sources to support what you are stating?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here is the problem Russia is having. It can not maintain a long term war in Ukraine. Russia's active forces number under 800,000. Quite a bit smaller than the US but, a good number you would think. Enough to deal with Ukraine. The problem is this. Only 280,000 members of Russia's militarily are professionals. The remainder are 1 year conscripts. Of that one year 3 months is training. They train only as basic infantry.

In the US and most of the West the active forces are ready to go all the time. In places like Russia most units are not. They have a readiness more like the US National Guard, they need time to get up speed and prepared to go into combat. The conscripts play a huge role in this problem. They really need the remaining time 9 months out of a year for some real training with their units but, because of budget problems and corruption that rarely happens.

So this brings us to Ukraine. Russia has thus far used it elite units in Ukraine (these are units where most of Russia professional forces are). However, those forces are vital to for the defense of Russia from any other external or internal threat. Being in Ukraine has damaged their readiness along with casualties they can not afford. So they have to come out. They can not send in most units because not only are the conscripts not combat ready nor do they have enough service time left to be sent and professionals only make a tiny part of the unit. In theory with a big war coming those units would be train up to speed while the conscripts terms would be extended. They can not do this for Ukraine because Russia is pretending the are not involved. So Russia is, oddly enough running out of man power.

Russia's options are keep the elite units in as hope nothing goes wrong anywhere else or declare and official war and extend the conscripts terms.

Now you may ask yourself why would Russia run its military this way? The truth is it is cheap. Russia maintains a large military and also has to try and keep up with the West in terms of weapons tech. So without any major threats on its borders Russia's sees future conflicts remaining as limited military actions in former Soviet Republics. It does not see China or NATO attacking it out of the blue, so any major conflict Russia would end up in would be of its own making and thus it would have time to prepare. So it takes the cheap route as many countries do. Ukraine however is wrecking that model and Russia will again have to look at some way to reform its military.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It is now completely impossible for the EU / NATO to "Anschluss" Ukraine as it is unavoidable that Ukrain itself will be re-integrated in the russian sphere of influence and CSTO alliance, maybe even SCO leading to the irreversible EUro disintegration.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
It is now completely impossible for the EU / NATO to "Anschluss" Ukraine as it is unavoidable that Ukrain itself will be re-integrated in the russian sphere of influence and CSTO alliance, maybe even SCO leading to the irreversible EUro disintegration.

Considering that was never the intent of the west / EU / NATO your comparison is without merit. Secondly using the term anschluss and trying to apply it the west while completely ignoring the fact that is exactly what Russia has done with the Ukraine territory they illegally occupied / annexed is hilarious.

Do Russias actions then fall under the "do as I say and not as I do" umbrella?

The Soviet Union is dead and will not be coming back. Something Putin should try to understand.. Or at the very least have someone intelligent to explain it to him.
edit on 12-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join