It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine's President Tells Military To Prepare For 'Full-Scale' Russian invasion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The probability of Russia invading Ukraine has been a concern for some time now. It became much more likely when the leader of the Ukraine advised Ukrainian people to prepare for Russia's full scale invasion.

KIEV, June 4 (Reuters) - Ukraine's president told his military on Thursday to prepare for a possible "full-scale invasion" by Russia all along their joint border, a day after the worst fighting with Russian-backed separatists in months.

His address in parliament was one of the first times Petro Poroshenko has used the word "invasion" to refer to Russia's behavior since the start of a separatist rebellion in the east in which the United Nations says more than 6,400 people have been killed.

Referring to a 12-hour firefight involving artillery on both sides on Wednesday when Ukraine says the rebels tried to take the town of Maryinka, Poroshenko said: "There is a colossal threat of a renewal of large-scale military operations from the side of the Russian-terrorist groups."

"The military must be ready as much for a renewal of an offensive by the enemy in the Donbass as they are for a full-scale invasion along the whole length of the border with Russia. We must be truly ready for this.

The White House has no comment.

Source

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So what they have been doing for more than a year now? other than getting the rear ends kicked there has been little positive from Ukes side.

Full scale Russian invasion if happens will have the Ruskies stomping the Kiev downtown in two weeks.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Ukraine is like a old worn out piece of crap car that needs to go for recycling . It is more valuable to Putin as a economic weapon against the west . Why would he want to invade the place .If he waits long enough ,he will be able to pick it up for pennies on the dollar . Putin has the west in check and it's their move .

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

In other news

Ukriane’s President Petro Poroshenko’s income increased sevenfold in the first year of his presidency while the average Ukraine citizen is now making $150 per month. Welcome to the EU Ukraine!

Source

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^^Never trust a source called the red pill .here is a quote from the above source.............

Oligarch Poroshenko’s personal wealth jumps to $1.3 billion. 80% of Ukrainians now live below poverty line

Complete and total lie .

In 2013 Poroshenko's wealth was 1.6 Billion . Wiki now has him listed at under 800 million .

source

Wiki source
edit on 7-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Guy has been saying that for more than a year now once every couple of months, sometimes more. I'm just kind of bored now to be honest.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Actually this time its real. A lot of things have been subtly shifting... a lot of meetings between powers... a lot of military movement.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if China takes taiwan at the same time.

The storm is coming guys. I just wish I didn't live is such a tactical city in the US.

S&F
edit on 7-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well of course he's saying that, I mean he is fighting the "pro-russian" rebels right? Why would Russia invade? To what end?

If and/or when Russia invades I'm sure they'll be smart enough to dress up in Ukrainian uniforms and lay siege to one of their own radio stations....or something.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

The storm is coming guys. I just wish I didn't live is such a tactical city in the US.

Well they make suitcases.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

And how much is Putin worth and where did his fortune come from? And what of the billions Yanukovych stole while in office? At least the source of Poroshenko's income is known. Putin's net worth isn't even known but no one estimates it as being under several billion dollars and that certainly isn't coming from his presidential salary.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Umm, I think Putin is going to disclose his personal wealth in the joint meeting with Pope Francis coming 10-th of June.

They will also talk about the aliens and inevitable Russian invasion of Ukraine

Without sarcasm, I really struggling to understand how the statement of Poroshenko making this event more or less probable.

If Russia decides that it is going to invade Ukraine, it won't be because Poroshenko said so.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
24th

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If Russia has to "invade" a country to rekindle economic and cultural ties between the 2 it will be the fault of the west. We are courting Ukraine and getting involved. Without that Ukraine would not dare overstep it's place with Russia. Yes, I know, Ukrainian sovereignty.... Ukraine is about as sovereign to Russia as Mexico is to the US. Both could do what they want to a point that stops well before military and corporate interests that are contrary to the donor nations.

This is just Ukraine begging for some of the military aid the west promised but probably wont come through on. The west does not need a fight with Russia, and giving a desperate Ukraine any military aid at this point will likely make things worse.

Russia will just sit back while the little boy sheppard cries wolf once again.
edit on 7-6-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Even Russia's staunchest allies like Belarus are starting to distance themselves from Russia. That's not the doing of the West. It's because Putin's current course is bringing back memories of living under Soviet rule and all the atrocities that went along with that. The way these countries see it they would rather seek protection from a corrupt West than a corrupt Russia that also killed millions of their citizens. That's why so many other former SSRs have rushed to join NATO.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Actually the rebels were getting stomped by government forces until Russia continued its invasion of Ukraine in the east to prop up the pro Russians rebels there.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Putin's net worth isn't even known but no one estimates it as being under several billion dollars and that certainly isn't coming from his presidential salary.
so it's either no one knows or someone knows .And if someone knows then they are not saying .The only ones putting a figure on it is the ones saying no one knows ...is that you Donald ?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Did you just hijack my thread?

So you think Russia invading Ukraine would stimulate the Ukrainian economy overnight? Are favoring invasion?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Putin has all but said he wants back in the USSR with Kiev as it's capitol.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Please define "the west". Do you include Canada?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

China is about to have a financial reality check, they won't recover in time to invade Taiwan. China is cozying up to rebel nations for a reason.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join