It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: "Death Plunge: ISIS throws gay men off buildings under guise of Sharia law"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I don't think its going to far.

I do think that news stories on the internet should not auto-run videos on clicked links and should post warnings if things are particularly graphic.

The actions of violent psychopaths and murderers should be exposed. Its the only way to draw attention to, and ultimately remedy, the problem.

I think rather than castigating Fox over showing this stuff, they should be castigated for the endless celebrity/reality TV "news" that gets put out there.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
And people get down on me for wanting to put warheads on Daesh foreheads.

Or cutting SF loose and letting them expand their ass kicking abilities.

I'd love to fly my hawks into that combat zone.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think what you wrote ultimately represents the ideology behind ISIS and such dramatic events such as the one depicted in the OP and Fox News story. This is how they are trying to create change, I guess...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

There are few factors preventing the solutions to the worlds problems from being discovered or implemented, which are as preventative as an unwillingness to confront the stark reality of the troubles plaguing our species.

That is why one SHOULD watch an autopsy, why news outlets SHOULD provide uncensored images of events around the world, rather than the sanitised, reality free news coverage that we are used to. If we are ever to solve the problems which ail our fellow human beings, if we are ever to prevent the sorts of atrocities that have marred the last couple of decades, on ALL sides of the various wars and squabbles that have sprung up, if we are ever to live in a world where love is stronger than hate, where friendship is more common than enmity, and where equality for all is a universally accepted concept, then we must be prepared to look upon the ravaged face of mankind's evil, when ever it rears its ugly head.

Without that capacity, we will surely flinch in horror when the time comes that each of us might otherwise strike at its belly, when what we ought to do is look tyranny square in the eyes as we slay it, the better to see the unlight fade away.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This is propaganda to get the US public behind a war with iran.

Scare the sheeple with real atrocities then they will support another war.

"Problem. Reaction. Solution "- David Icke

edit on 6-6-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

As a mainstream news outlet, I was shocked to see images of a dead gay man with blood on the pavement, and another image of a gay man falling to his death, blindfolded. I didn't think mainstream news outlets showed such things, as all of the beheading videos made by ISIS were not shown and the still-shots were carefully chosen with no blood or gore.

Those days are over - apparently. Journalism has taken a nasty turn and now (in the interest of good journalism, and showing people the *truth*) we get to see this everywhere. Fox led the way, but I just checked and it looks like CNN is doing the same. I think - I won't watch. Would be very happy to be wrong

These days we need evidence of the horrors - the story is not enough. It's not just pics or it didn't happen - it's pics or I can't feel like it really happened

AT first it was propaganda - now I think it's just about ratings. The rules journalism used to follow in the past are mostly dead

Mostly
edit on 6/6/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
These days we need evidence of the horrors - the story is not enough. It's not just pics or it didn't happen - it's pics or I can't feel like it really happened
Mostly

How true. It's so easy to ignore things if they're only in print or writing with no "evidence" to convict your own conscience with.

But when you can convict your own conscience, then you're more likely to rally against said entity .. whenever the bombs and boots start falling for real.

Coming soon to a theater near you:

2016: Newly elected President expands military powers against ISIS
(unless Hillary wins of course, lol)
edit on 6/6/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: MALBOSIA

More interesting to me is how ISIS manages to concentrate heavily on the western hot-button issue of gay rights, like that is what ISIS believes is the root evil inside Islam.

Its not that interesting when you understand the tenants of their extremism....No gays, no adultery, no apostates, convert or die, or die anyway if you are muslim and extremist enough....

Theyve video taped themselves killing people that fit into every single one of those categories...

So they arent "focusing" on anything for the west, they are video taping how they deal out death based on their own belief system...

Its not rocket science to figure out that eventually they would release videos of what they do to gay people

This isnt for Americas hot buttons, this is to show the world they will kill for what they believe....

dont make it too complicated

Yep, it's cultural. From the source article:

“ISIS wants the Muslim world to know that it is executing gays because it displays their credentials as enforcers of Sharia law,” Ryan Mauro, a national security analyst for The Clarion Project told FoxNews.com. “There is widespread anti-homosexual sentiment in the Muslim world because of the belief that Sharia requires the execution of gays. Homosexuals are often not only seen as harming themselves but as dire threats to society as a whole.”

edit on 8-6-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

Agreed, i feel the same about America and the rest of the world where LBGTQ are Murder and abused daily.. maybe they don't get tossed off a building, but that doesn't mean they don't get killed... or people want them executed

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I must admit, they are graphic and shocking. Our UK tabloids show the same types of pictures. I does help to show the plight of those suffering at the hands of ISIS, however with little being done to stop them I can only see thissort of publication as a recruitment campaign for future extremists.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jimbotweed

and an eye opener for those who think this issue is just in the Middle East.

These people aren't going to stay in the middle east.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Quite right, and I am sure those who have left their respective countries, will only return to cause havoc on the streets and continue to spread their vile hatred towards a civilised world. Not only that, they are more than happy to reap the benefits and lifestyle of said country that they claim to hate so much.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My personal feeling is that the MSM should show us every graphic, stomach-turning detail of events like this. And that especially includes atrocities committed by America. In America we pretty much live in a virtual bubble, protected and removed from all the horrific things happening around the world. On the one hand, we’re very lucky and fortunate in that regard. On the other, however, it breeds complacency and an indifference to the plight of others. We basically go about our lives with blinders on, blissfully ignorant of the dark side of life. Maybe it would serve as a wakeup call if we were forced to see reality as it actually is.

When we went into Iraq in 2003 I used to get really hot over the fact that we so easily fell for the new policy of the “pre-emptive strike”. Our so-called “leaders” shoved it down our throats, and we bought it hook, line and sinker. In my view, this went against everything America once stood for and opened the door for the mess we’re in today. It upset me that we were sending thousands of our own soldiers to a certain death, not to speak of the hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilian lives lost and chalked up to “collateral damage”. And all for no good reason, unless you were on the Board of Halliburton. I felt that we should be forced to view every bloody detail of the choice we made. My feeling was that if we had to actually see what it is we started, maybe next time around we wouldn’t be so quick on the trigger. Instead we just sat here in our easy chairs, removed from the consequences of our actions, and watched the censored version on the evening news.

Regarding the OP, in my view ISIS is a threat to Humanity. Maybe buried somewhere deep within their “cause” they have legitimate gripes with the world, but that doesn’t justify the sadistic, cold-blooded acts of murder they commit daily, which they hold up as a badge of honor and source of pride. They use religion as an excuse to commit savagery. and then claim that Sharia (Islamic) Law demands they do so. In my book these folks are stone-cold murderers. They obviously enjoy killing for the sake of killing, and take great effort to stage these mass murders so that others may enjoy it as well. Any religion that would encourage this kind of behavior is a scourge to mankind. If God, or Allah, or whatever you want to call it condones this sort of thing, then it’s no friend of mankind; it’s a sadistic, cold-blooded murderer. This is a sad, shameful period in the history of humanity. Man, how twisted can humans get? What a deeply sick, psychotic creature we are.

Anyway, I’m just rambling now. I wish I had some answers, but I don’t. Still, it’s appalling to know how low we can go...

(post by AlmightyAdam removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
looks kind of fake and set up. not saying it didnt happen but what can we believe these days?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Whether you agree with homosexuality or not, what ISIS are doing is wrong. You can not justify murdering in the name of a religion. Religious intolerance has been the cause of many wars and murders spanning hundreds of years, especially across Europe and the middle east.

As much as I hate the idea of another war, now would be the time for a collation force to help prevent this vile 'gang' from killing more innocents.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I have heard about this and I do find it disturbing.What I have found to be
more disturbing is when you try to warn the gay community of atrocities
being done to gays in foreign countries.The ones that did respond to my
post were only concerned about the gay community in the U.S. and their
fight for gay marriage rights.
So,what is more important? gays' right to marry? or gays' right to live?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't Fox News that threw them off the roof? This is the channel that hired kooks like Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee, both of whom are famous for hating.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
As the right wing says, "being gay is a choice". Why don't all these gay people in the Middle East just "choose" not to be gay? Problem solved!

(Sarcasm)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join