It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Video: Explosions rock Michigan neighborhood as US Army urban training begins

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

They didn't send out a warning because they don't want people watching and gathering around? How about the next 9 days - derp! Furthermore, I think if you're going to set off explosions you will get more attention than you bargained for. Why not do this at the base, you know where military usually trains and does this sort of thing. You can't just go up in neighborhoods and start acting like you're in Iraq!
edit on 3-6-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
No one around West MI is particularly perturbed, "Urban training is not new" is both well-known & being uttered a lot around here by the older vets to the uppity youth. "But, but,my Twitter feed says..." "Kid, you don't know sh&& in life yet. Just cram it." ROTFL.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

They didn't tell anyone for the very reasons they stated. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY has a thing to do around where the excercise was and hundreds if not thousands of spectators would of showed up, There's a giant abandoned middle school that was ripe for the flash banging but they didn't want it turned into a live show.

So what about the next 9 days?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The old Holiday In in Benton Harbor was pretty much destroyed by police training it happens everywhere. Flint needs a good cleaning out.

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Continue reading..

But what I said was they will probably just use a different building or neighborhood. Flint/Genesee county IS HUGE. It's quite the sprawling cesspool. Lots of areas ripe for training.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Still can't help thinking JADE HELM is an invasion force.
I see no point to these exercises on U.S soil other than to intimidate the populace.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Or to practice in a controlled environment? Can't exactly train for possible war in Eastern Europe by training there.. Gives away what's being trained for. I'd bet jade helm trainees will see some time in the desert somewhere.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

Or to practice in a controlled environment? Can't exactly train for possible war in Eastern Europe by training there.. Gives away what's being trained for. I'd bet jade helm trainees will see some time in the desert somewhere.

Pretty much this. Do you guys want a workable military, or should the boys & girls just run in blind shooting at whatever moves like an incompetent Rambo? They still need to practice every which way from Sunday if they can, it's not cookie cutter vanilla on the battlefield. Using existing environments in civilian areas is a hell of a lot cheaper than building endless practice areas because your panties are in a wad over civilian areas being used in the first place. Then you'd just bitch about excessive spending for said practice areas where you don't have to look at anything gubmint.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
You can't just go up in neighborhoods and start acting like you're in Iraq!

But that's the whole point of the exercise.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's just boys being boys. They never grow up in Wonderland.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

At the base? In Michigan? All we have is Selfridge ANG, which isn't much more than the airfield; Camp Grayling, which is great for general training; Fort Custer, which is more forested.

There really isn't anywhere for urban training in Michigan, but the abandoned places will suffice. And there are a lot of those to be found.

Too bad it's not going on in Detroit. I'm back in the area until Saturday, but too busy to do anything fun like roam around the Flint area looking for military activity.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

They didn't send out a warning because they don't want people watching and gathering around? How about the next 9 days - derp! Furthermore, I think if you're going to set off explosions you will get more attention than you bargained for. Why not do this at the base, you know where military usually trains and does this sort of thing. You can't just go up in neighborhoods and start acting like you're in Iraq!

That was my take on it. Why set off explosions in neighborhoods? Some say they've been doing these types of trainings but I've never heard of it. Seems like a bit of stretch to have military come into a large city and set off explosions at an abandoned middle school. I still think it has to do with testing public reaction and desensitizing the general population to a military presence.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The old Holiday In in Benton Harbor was pretty much destroyed by police training it happens everywhere. Flint needs a good cleaning out.

a reply to: Nyiah

That's police, not military. Police actually work these neighborhoods. The military isn't supposed to be on home soil in this manner. Anyways, to all those who keep saying that the military has been doing this all along...what about flying attack helicopters a hundred feet above city streets in major us cities darting around between skyscrapers. Has that been happening all along?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Skyscrapers I think flints tallest building is maybe 10 stories and it a hospital. Downtown 5-6 maybe but it's been a while since I've stumbled those alleys. It used to be a great town up until the mid 80's

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

There were the Genesee Towers, which I think were 20 stories tall. They were demolished a few years ago though. Not sure what the tallest is now.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

People still live in flint?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Isn't it a form of terrorism to wake people from their slumber with explosives?

I moved away from the fort lewis area because of all the noise pollution/training they did there prior to adjoining with mccord air base.
"we're going to make all this war noise while protecting/sheltering you from the terrors of war; 'bombs exploding within earshot/whatnot'.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
all this throwing around of the term "explosive". I bet $10 bucks it's just flash bangs and simulated rpg attacks. But probably just flashbangs..

Media juicing the story more then likely

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Yeah, realistically they found the most dramatic people possible to interview. If no windows were broken, it wasn't that loud.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

Why wouldn't they practice for war in Europe in Europe where they have bases?
It's not training for Iran either, they've been schooled in the m/e long enough.
edit on 4-6-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join