It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 4 to be revealed in 20 hours

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Not sure how true this is ,but it makes sense sort of:
"Vault Boy" from your avatar has an interesting story behind him-
Notice one eye is closed.
He ain't giving a thumbs up-he is measuring if he is far enough away from a nuclear detonation!

A lot of the times, you'll see Vault Boy giving you a thumbs up, just like in the image above.
Now, he's not really giving you a thumbs up, cheering you on or appreciating you.
In fact, he's actually trying to determine whether he's in a radiation zone. Allow me to explain.
When an atomic bombs go off, a mushroom cloud is formed.
Hopefully, you might not ever need this rule but when you see the mushroom cloud formed after an atomic bomb has gone off, you're supposed to stick your thumb out and hold it over the cloud.
If the cloud is larger than your thumb, then you are in the radiation zone and should probably be sprinting for your life.
If not, then you're safe and can sit back and enjoy the view.
Not the most useful rule-of-thumb, pun intended, but it's interesting to know that Vault Boy, the cheeriest of them all in Fallout, is not really cheery.
He's staring death right in the eyes

www.at7addak.com...

ROFL

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Here's the full clip from the E3 stream, the really good stuff is in the second half of the video after the part about the Fallout Shelter app. My mind is completely blown and almost all my concerns about this game are gone, FO4 has things I wasn't expecting until FO5 or later.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Here's one thing that doesn't make much sense to me... people are speculating it's set not too long after the Great War because many objects in the game appear to be newer and more vibrant than in FO3. But we're also shown what look like rather bustling cities, on par with The Strip in New Vegas. My question is, how would cities like that have time to rebuild if it's set so early? Shouldn't civilization rebuild as time goes on, not get worse? Is it possible that it's actually set after FO3 in a period where cities are starting to be rebuilt?

As far as I have read and researched all the info so far available on the net

You create your character in pre-war times Boston, have a choice between male and female, charter creation is in a bathroom looking into a mirror, you choose a male and will have a female standing behind you and vice versa, your spouse in pre war times.

Not sure how much time is spent in pre war, very little I assume, You get to see the Nukes going of and apparently make your way to a near by vault where you reemerge 100 years later as the sole survivor of the vault.

You find a dead scientist and take his PIP Boy and begin your journey through the wastelands.

As others have said, I too peed a little in my pants, I haven't even seen any of the footage yet either as I cant view you tube or videos from where I am posting from.

Cant wait,

Create your own house, To hell with that, create your own town and build defenses and generators to power and protect your settlement.

Fallout 3 is what changed gaming for me, never before that game could I get immersed into a virtual world.

I would play for what I thought was an hour or 2 at most and when actually checking the time realize I had been immersed for at least 6 to 8 hours.

Since then only New Vegas, SkyRim, GTA5 and Destiny have had me lost in time when playing games.

Cannot wait for something to break my current Destiny addiction even thought I have had a break the last few days and gone back to GTA 5, but something like Fallout will definitely take my attention away from all other games for quite some time I believe.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Here's the full clip from the E3 stream, the really good stuff is in the second half of the video after the part about the Fallout Shelter app. My mind is completely blown and almost all my concerns about this game are gone, FO4 has things I wasn't expecting until FO5 or later.

I have read a bit and seen the trailer,and a gif which shows you can build settlements-But thats it for me-I will avoid any more fallout 4 media until I get the game.

I agree it looks more than I could have hoped from the little I have seen.

Please USA and Russia-No real nuclear war so we can play the fantasy version of Fallout 4!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join