It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 4 to be revealed in 20 hours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I understand your point of view and agree to a point, I hate all the generic FPS games and MMO's but star citizen will be the only game I play when it comes out.
Hhhm better update my thread on it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I don't think games are a waste of money, at least not all of them. In this case I meant the modern Fallout games. Though ChaoticOrder seems to have beat my complaints into a pulp. I'm left with nothing but my cynical opinion it seems. I'm just weary. Too often I see tons of hype that doesn't deliver.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I played FOnline Reloaded for a bit. A Fallout 2esque mmo. Very small community. Less than 100 players. I rose to fame amongst the lower spectrum of players (those that didn't do major pvp) as a thief and a scumbag. Though most of my infamy was from the cult of personality I built around myself, and not any actually thievery I did. But apparantly I was annoying enough that somebody commissioned an artist to make his faction a poster in which I appeared dead in the wasteland. Best part is, the artist had an alt in my thieves guild.

Had something called WIN. (Wormsign Intelligence Network)

I was collecting radios and putting them all on different frequencies so I could eventually listen in to anything anyone said over a radio. I made it to about 2,500 before I quit playing and got myself perma-banned shortly after.

Had some great fun with WIN though.

edit on 6-3-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The hand-holding I'm mainly talking about is the compass that tells you exactly what direction you need to go! And secondly, fast traveling. Haha yes I'm complaining about fast traveling almost anywhere. It's not so much the fast traveling that bothers me so much as the lack of rhyme or reason to it.

Well you don't need to use the compass for navigating and you don't have to fast travel, so those things aren't really cons against the newer games. And once again both of those things can be remedied with mods. The Skyrim Wayshrines - Immersive Fast Travel is an excellent mod to replace the fast travel system with something more immersive. Or if you simply want to disable fast travel then try Immersive Travel - No Fast Travel. As for the compass, you could try Immersive Compass - iCompass or Hardcore Compass Mod.

It should be clear to you know why Bethesda is so good at making open world games; they have modders in mind and go out of their way to make their games support mods and they even provide tools like GECK to make it easier to build mods. That is why Fallout and TeS games have more mods compared to any other game in existence. My FO3 installation is so modded out it feels like I'm playing FO4 already.
edit on 3/6/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Well I concede. None of my meager complaints can hold up in the face of such a large and skilled modding community. I knew there was some awesome stuff out there I guess I just chose to never really check it out. I know there was one particular mega mod I was interested in, but I'm not sure if it's released. That one that combines Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. Anyway, if I ever decide to reinstall TeS I'll be sure to keep the mods you've shared in mind.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
YAY

edit on 3-6-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
NM

edit on 3/6/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: ok

That looks boss!
No release date mentioned though..
I can't wait.
edit on 3/6/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

You can pre order right now, so most likely they will say at E3 is for the end of the year, and then a few months later they will say its for Q1 2016

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This game brings me to the moment I've been dreading... switching from a 360 to Xbox One. As excited as I am for this game to finally drop, I'm not really enthused about spending over 400 just to play it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well after watching that trailer I'm excited and kind of disappointed. The game looks good but that trailer was quite underwhelming, except for the short glimpses we get of awesome game scenery. After such a long wait I could have done with 99% less dog and 99% more game play footage. The other thing that worries me is the graphics, hopefully that trailer is showing console footage.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The original YT is only in 360p as well. And it looks good.

The pre-order is already established, which means the game is likely to ship in 120 days or less.

The reveal at E3 should include a 20 min or so gameplay demo. The game IMO is done, and has been for a while, they just didn't want to release before E3.

~tenth

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

The original YT is only in 360p as well. And it looks good.

The pre-order is already established, which means the game is likely to ship in 120 days or less.

The reveal at E3 should include a 20 min or so gameplay demo. The game IMO is done, and has been for a while, they just didn't want to release before E3.

~tenth

I believe they started working on it at the beginning of 2012 after they finished Skyrim, so they've certainly had long enough to finish it I think. It would also explain why the graphics look so sub-par for a 2015 game, because they probably created most of the textures quite a while ago. I have FO3 looking almost better than the graphics in that trailer and I watched it in HD. The other possibility is that they are showing console footage in the trailer, which is what I hope. Even if that's not the case we'll still be saved by texture mods.
edit on 3/6/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well I didn't go to New Vegas because it takes almost an hour to get out of Vault 101.

I wanted to take the opportunity to just say how awesome Fallout 3 is. I knew what I was in for, in terms of getting out of the Vault, and getting down to some fun, it almost stopped me from playing. But when I got in there, I couldn't believe how quickly I forgot how it might suck spending the time to get out of the vault, and once more became totally immersed in the intro to the game.

Bethesda rocks! I can't even imagine how cool Fallout 4 is going to be.

Decided to go to Anchorage tonight.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have a reason to live until December... yay.

Bethesda... love their stories- concepts - totally immersive. Digging out my Vault-Tech T-shirt and rejoicing.

My 46 year old friend got teary eyed... heh... I just sniffled.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It honestly blows my mind when people try and compare graphics from trailers and E3 to what they will see when they play the game. ( not you I mean)

The average developer work station is worth 40 thousand dollars. Nobody in the consumer market has that kind of gear usually and you can't ever expect to see it being that beautiful on your systems.

Especially consoles.

BUT, Bethesda has ALWAYS put out sub par textures at launch, on the simple basis that the modding community will the work for them. That and the modding community WANT to do it as well. Remember Fallout New Vegas? The textures were like 240p.

And it's more likely they look a little garbage-y because they started working on the game during the 360 and PS3 years, and probably ported half the work to the new consoles very recently.

I guess we shall see, I've pre-ordered so..the waiting game begins.

~Tenth
edit on 6/3/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

As this is a conspiracy site i got one, they made skyrim too nice looking, and when they launched the elders scrolls mmo it looked bad and people complained.

So now they will make fallout 4 as a fallout mmo would look like, so when one comes there is not the feeling of a down grade.

And if people start complaining it looks bad, they will call it an artistic choice to have more continuity to previous fallout game looks.

Or it will be awesome at launch and we speculate for nothing

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

The great thing about Bethesda is they don't tend to play the hype crowd. Releasing demo after demo and trailer after trailer, telling us how wonderfully glorious the game will be.

They just kind go ' here you go, play this, we made it, hope you like it', and then move on with their lives. It's probably the better way to go about it, cause I can't claim they sold me something on false pretense.

Like that evil bastard Peter Molyneux.

But the modding community will fix any and all problems within a year of launch.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I believe they started working on it at the beginning of 2012 after they finished Skyrim, so they've certainly had long enough to finish it I think. It would also explain why the graphics look so sub-par for a 2015 game, because they probably created most of the textures quite a while ago.

Yet that hasn't stopped a gazillion people from complaining. I've tried to tell people that this game would've been in development for years and the engine is old but it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Consoles are in a transitional phase and it'll take a year or more for the 8th gen to reach it's full potential, some expect that the change will happen in the blink of an eye-it has not happened in the past and it won't happen now. Besides, It's Fallout! if people are complaining about a trailer for a game they have not played but have been longing for then...I have no answer.

edit on 3-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The problem of depending exclusively on the modding community is that steam already tried to make payed mods, and they started with skyrim, surely they knew at the time the imminent announcement of Fallout 4, payed mods did not stick but if it does someday, would developer start to sabotage their games and rely on the second pay of mods?

I need tin foil now...
edit on 3-6-2015 by Indigent because: engrish too hard 4 mi

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join