It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 4 to be revealed in 20 hours

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Paid mods will never work, it goes against the ethos of the whole community. A paid mod is called DLC, and it should be vetted by the developer to make sure it works, if you are going to pay money.

This isn't a good business practice, because now you have a scenario where the developer or steam, has to vet every single piece of code in every single paid mod.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here's one thing that doesn't make much sense to me... people are speculating it's set not too long after the Great War because many objects in the game appear to be newer and more vibrant than in FO3. But we're also shown what look like rather bustling cities, on par with The Strip in New Vegas. My question is, how would cities like that have time to rebuild if it's set so early? Shouldn't civilization rebuild as time goes on, not get worse? Is it possible that it's actually set after FO3 in a period where cities are starting to be rebuilt?
edit on 3/6/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Perhaps.

Fallout 1 took place in 2161 - 2162

Fallout 2 took place in 2241 to 2242

Fallout 3 took place in 2277 to 2278

New Vegas was 2281

They tend to do 100 or 30 year periods it seems.

So either it's a prequel, taking place just after the great war, or takes place in 23xx which could explain the newer bustling towns and cities.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
The thing about Bethesda games is that they're so large and complicated they always contain many bugs. It pays to be patient and wait for an unofficial community patch before playing. I always wait at least 6 months after release before playing a Bethesda game so that I can use mods and unofficial bug patches. I didn't even start playing Skyrim properly until about a year ago. But since I waited so long I had access to a large array of high quality mods. Anyone who thinks mods don't really make a difference has no idea what they are talking about.

Problem with waiting for mods is that, many quality mods alter parts of the original story. normally a good thing, but going through the mods themselves often give spoilers. such as:

Mod X: the ability to not be forced to kill off Mister Person in that dungeon

Well, by simply reading that, you know that there is a quest where you will be forced to kill off person X..so no longer exciting.
Normally I preorder a fallout/tes game and play on day 1. I try to hammer through the story itself, not doing too many side missions. After I finish, I may wait a bit for modding community to kick in and start fixing stuff, changing stuff, etc..and then do a re-play through much slower and in completionist mode...modding more and more as I go.

This method has netted me about 1700 hours in skyrim so far and still have yet to do absolutely everything..and still love the game to bits (because it is ever evolving)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Perhaps.

Fallout 1 took place in 2161 - 2162

Fallout 2 took place in 2241 to 2242

Fallout 3 took place in 2277 to 2278

New Vegas was 2281

They tend to do 100 or 30 year periods it seems.

So either it's a prequel, taking place just after the great war, or takes place in 23xx which could explain the newer bustling towns and cities.

~Tenth

Or east coast wasn't hit as hard in some areas. more ppl survive, so bigger labor force to rebuild certain areas.
The main bustling city seemed to be located inside fenway park stadium. Get a few thousand people focused for several years to decades on scavenging from Boston to rebuild in a single point can rapidly make that place look fantastic. Frankly, survivors could band together and in record time make a single spot look like a future city with scraps.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
OOHHHH man I can't wait, I completed Fallout 3 and New Vegas + all DLC packs with G.O.T.Y. editions on PS3 and PC so many times and what's best about them you can have a different experiance every play though.
Even got all trophies on the PS3 versions.

Although I am a 99% console gamer and Sony fan boy Fallout 3 and New Vegas did run much smoother and less buggy on PC.

The PS3 versions had bad frame rates, distant textures poping in and frequenly crashed after about 10 hours game play which I think was caused by the game remembering every conversation option, items picked up, moved and dropped.
It was just too much for a console to handle.

I hope the PS4 version will be just as stable as the PC version this time.
edit on 3-6-2015 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I literally can't even right now.

Waking up and hearing that FO4 is a real thing coming soon-ish just made my morning. Time to upgrade my PC it seems. She will need more power for this wasteland.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hopefully they make melee weapons a bit less like desperately hacking the air until the guy in front of you falls over. It's one of the things that ruined the immersiveness of bethesda's other open world games for me; story great, world great, characterisation great, animations horrendous.

The trailer looked interesting though.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

There's some SWEET mods that added a lot more realism to the melee fighting

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

If you don't like the animations you could always mod it to your like, like macho man dragon

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
No mods for me unfortunately as am on console. I think there was a way to add some of the simpler mods to PS3 for skyrim but I never tried it.

The macho dragon one was awesome! Haha

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Hoping they have incorporated some of the best elements of the best mods into the new game.

Nevada Skies, Weapon Mod Extensions & Cybernetics, Vehicles, AWOP, Project Nevada / Wasteland Wanderers Edition, etc...

Would make the game so much more interesting, free up so much Memory usage to have it all integrated and would make the mod list so much easier to maintain (over 150 + mods running on my copy of NV atm).

That said...

WooHoo..!!!!

- Sidenote. Judging from the Vid, Looks like they have added some kind of weather system, which is pretty cool.

OK, said my piece, now I'm going back to play 7 Days to Die for a while. Only game right now I have any faith in other than FO4. Tried H1Z1 and DayZ Alphas, but between the two, they have about 1/4 of the content of 7DtD. This should take up all my time and keep me entertained till the release of FO4.
edit on 5-6-2015 by BobaFettish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well the game looks pretty cool. My only gripe is that it seems to much like a rehash of Fallout 3, I was hoping for more of a different sort of plot and scenario, maybe a more futuristic outlook when it all went nuclear, it would definetley change the whole atmosphere of the game and gadgets in it as well. But it seems cool none the less, will be waiting for E3 later this month for more info on this game.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Nov 10th Fallout 4 shall be, not sure if any of you caught the E3 show but W O W.

Fallout 4 looks mind blowing!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Nov 10th Fallout 4 shall be, not sure if any of you caught the E3 show but W O W.
Fallout 4 looks mind blowing!

Just watched the videos from E3. Holy crap it looks amazing.

For those who haven't seen it yet:

The graphics LOOK BETTER, and that was on a console, people!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Thanks for posting that for others! YEAH!!!!!! The game looks so good, I kept nerdin' out while watching the stream.

I can't wait!

You see that Pipboy that comes with the Collectors Edition?

*screams*
edit on 15-6-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This just popped up in my email. The pip boy edition of Fallout 4 www.amazon.com...=pe_1845790_141032440_pe_row1_b1_t/?ASIN=B00ZGT8ILI

www.gamepur.com...
edit on 15-6-2015 by Peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This sums up my Fallout 4 hype.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Hahaha! Me too! Hahaha!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

It needs to be an avatar!

top topics