It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marks - Indentions on leg after waking up - pics attchd

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If it happens again, set up a camera in your room to record while you sleep.

edit on 18-6-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
...he should do that now....huh!!a reply to: Kromlech

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
From the angle and the brusing I would say you did this to yourself during your sleep

Not unless he's a contortionist. Check the angle. Right hand print, left side of left leg. Squeezing that hard, in tour sleep, at such a weird angle? I can't accept that.

I actually pondered for a moment if I somehow could have, though I can't imagine how. So I held my hand to the impression, and they marks were a bit wider, and about an inch or a bit longer than my own. I also did a test of sorts on myself (and my wife helped, a bit too readily imo...), pressing and holding fingers in a rather tight grip. It was actually fairly uncomfortable and somewhat painful, especially after a minute or so.

Not only could we not keep a grip without our hands getting very tired, it did not even begin to leave any indention like I found that morning. The issue: it's my calf muscle. And the indentions were in the muscle. Which perhaps is why it took three hours to return to normal.

Well, good that you tried to duplicate it, but I'd have been stunned if you said you could! Marks that deep, and the size? Not sheets, and not human hands, and I never heard of any medical condition that would cause that!

I can't recall any dreams that night. All I know is I woke up 9 hours after I went to bed, feeling like I had gotten 2 hours of sleep, my wife and I both slept through all 3 of my 6:30-ish alarms (they were all still one when we got up), and I had those marks.

That's weird, as well. Not remembering dreams, I'd say might or might not be, depending on if you normally do. I do, virtually always, but my husband almost never does, unless very stressed. Both of you sleeping all night, then missing three alarms, is weird, though. Added together, well, they practically have to go together. I don't believe in coincidence.

And LadyGreenEyes, no.. I was actually interested in occult type of stuff when I was young (not practicing mind you.. just reading about it), and I don't muck around with ouija boards or anything along those lines. My wife believes something weird sometimes goes on.. mostly because our cat once slowly walked towards a blank wall, staring, sniffing as if something was there, with his tail bushy. I think he just smelled something or heard something outside. : p

Glad to hear that! Dangerous things. The cat......one we have did something like that when we were staying at a friend's place, who said she had a ghost. Stared at the wall, and it was very quiet next door, but she stared, and then a picture fell off the wall. No thump, no jarring, nothing. Nail wasn't loose, no reason, but it fell, right where she'd been staring. Cats see things, I think. How many stories have some icky thing that is afraid of cats? Seen a couple! So, don't discount the cat's behavior completely. Sure, they can hear stuff outside, but sometimes, I have to wonder.

All I know is something caused it.. and it was not caused by my bed, nor my own hand or my wife's.

None of those could have caused that. The other pics help, but I could somewhat tell in the first ones. Still looks like a hand print. Best suggestion, state out loud that it's your house, nothing uninvited is welcome, and pray.

Just had a random thought......anyone recently seem annoyed with you? As in, some freaky type that would pull a curse or something? Don't know why that popped into my head, but something to consider. Not suggesting some sort of counter spell sort of thing, either - not the method I would use. Mine would be on the order of casting out, Christian perspective here. Had a place we lived with some creepies, and when I did that in a dream, things settled. Nothing like that print, mind you, but creepy dreams of a little troll thing, and heavy booted feet in the attic, which was a crawl space. That, ONLY when the hubby was away overnight, too. Stuff like that avoids him.

Anyway, keep us posted? Maybe write down (and have your wife do the same) anything out of the ordinary, too. Odd cat behavior (and yeah, they can be odd normally), strange people, noises, dreams, anything off. Not to encourage it, but perhaps to figure out what's going on. That taking possession of your place, though - do that. Forcefully. Some things will hang around it allowed, but really need invited. You didn't by chance move recently?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
The same thing happened to a friend of mine and 3 days later... dead.

Sorry for your luck.

Been over a week.. nothing yet, guess I dodged a bullet there.

Don't discount prayer, either! Some of that from my end, at the least. Some still, for the record.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I am friends with a couple. One of which I have shared close encounters with "strange lights" with more than once.
They shared very similar marks with me. It looked like bruising from being grasped hard on their upper thighs. Three long fingers and an opposing thumb is what it looked like.
I put a black light on them and there were "liquid splatters" that fluoresced blue on both of them.
The splatter marks would not wash off with water or alcohol.
They faded after a day.

Pity I didn't think of that at the time. I was so out of it, exhausted-wise, my brain was literally quite "fuzzy." I didn't even think to take pictures until 30 minutes after I woke up... they were deeper then, when I first saw them.

I have since done some inverted photos, and those are quite interesting too. Still no medical explanation well after the event a month ago. I'll mention it to my doc when I visit next, even if he eyeballs me like I'm a weirdo. I've shown it to a handful of friends so far, and they all have immediately said "omg.. handprint." And.. "You have ghosts" or other such things. Still not saying it is anything of the kind.. but still have no idea, and no one has been able to help me identify them.

When I do the inverted, my wife said she can see horizontal lines that are indicative of fingers.. she is still quite freaked out about it, because she -really- doesn't buy into paranormal, and is very reluctant to even consider alien visitation to our planet. So the marks don't make her very happy to be honest.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Update on this: went to the doctor today, for a different issue, but also showed him the pictures I have posted here, as I was worried I perhaps had some muscle or nerve issue in that leg.

He looked at them and said he didn't know what it was. He said it couldn't be a muscle issue, due to the direction of the marks (he used more medically correct terminology than I am using.. I just don't recall his exact words), nor was it a nerve issue. The only explanation he could offer up is perhaps while I slept, reached down and scratched at my leg so hard, it caused those marks. I explained they were fairly deep indentations, lasted 3 hours, were slightly sore in the middle, and were certainly not fingernail marks. He said in that case, he had no idea, and he had the look of someone who really didn't want to talk about it any more, he just dropped it. Kind of odd to me.

So a question for folks: Is hypnosis worth a hill of beans? Does it actually work? I really want to know what happened that night, and if I get one more medical opinion and it also does not pan out, then I might consider it, if it actually works. If so, would love some advice about it. Plus perhaps any decent ones in Denver CO. : )

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit
the number 3 has a lot of meaning. in electricity we have 3, in triangulation we have 3. many things use 3, religion as well. Ive had these marks (mole like) all over, even on an ear lobe in triangular shape. and when i use a marker to cover them, it affects my "schizophrenia" and what i hear.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Hypnosis does work and there may be something that happened that night or any other night for that matter. I saw the pictures and here is one possible theory. Since you sleep with your wife next to you, is it possible that her foot was pressing against your leg for most of the night and she may have accidentally digged her toes into you? OR your foot was pressed against your leg and your toes did the same thing. It looks like it may actually be a footprint. Not sure how small your bed is, but I know that even sleeping in a king size bed, I like to stretch out when I sleep and usually end up kicking my SO.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

No, no black light. I might have a bulb somewhere.. but what am I checking for? It faded in 3 hours.

Could be blankets as someone said, I thought about it.. but didn't seem a likely cause.

You answered your own question. Whats more likely? You slept weird and the blankets/sheets were pressed into your leg or its an alien/demonic/ghost print? You could have scratched yourself or been scratched by your wife. We do weird things in our sleep we just don't know it cause were asleep.
edit on 8/6/2015 by ZenTam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Certainly not my foot, no. Or my hand.. or my wife's. We even experimented that morning on my other calf (and the same one once the indentations disappeared). She even gripped so hard for about 20 seconds, it was fairly painful. Sprang back immediately, no indentation, wasn't even red. It clearly wasn't a scratch.. they were indentations, not just red marks. Probably about 1/4" deep. When I held my own fingers to them, they were slightly wider, and about an in and a half longer.

I just now tried holding my foot to my own calf because not a bad idea there blackmetalmist! Could not have been own own foot, the angle of the marks means I would have held my foot in a very awkward and painful position for a long while. I could barely even get it at that angle, I had to try hard to even get there. Guess I need to stretch more. : p

I doubt it was my wife's either. She sleeps on her right side. I sleep on my back. My calf was the further from her, and she was facing the other direction. And even if we did some late-night pretzling to attain a position to make it, again.. I can't imagine how long and hard it would have to be held in that position to make an indentation 1/4" deep, that lasts for 3 + hours. She has pretty tiny feet too. But honestly after further reflection.. those indentations do not match up to a foot in any way, shape or form. Four completely separate indentations longer than my fingers.. which are in turn, longer than my own toe. So.. I can't accept it was done with a foot.

I myself and very skeptical of this sort of thing. Which is why I have experimented with the blanket, gripping my leg, and so on. I can't even come remotely -close- to what happened. I can't even create any indentation that stays.. at all. Best I can manage is a very light line from say fabric, which goes away in about 30 minutes. Nothing like this, not even close.

ZenTam... just because something is very unlikely doesn't mean you simply discard it and ignore it because it is convenient. I am ruling out things it could not have been to try and find out what it was. You said scratches.. but I said above it would be impossible. How do scratches leave indentations that last 3 + hours? They don't. Unless you have gouged out your own flesh or something gruesome along those lines. Scratches = impossible. Imo blankets or foot is impossible. The shape is not like a foot.. they are rather like my own fingers, but a bit wider, and a bit longer. Which rules out me grabbing my own calf.

Finally there is the additional facts: neither one of us heard 3 alarms on my clock that were set, and I "slept" for 9 hours.. but I felt like I had 2 hours of sleep. I was utterly exhausted.

I challenge anyone to create similar marks using a blanket or your own hands on your calf. Take a pic if you can.. take another 3 hours later. I don't think it can be done. A blanket can't make 4 marks and a fifth divot mark behind my knee. It's not a scratch. My wife nor I could make a lasting mark gripping hard, I don't see how it's possible.

For fun, invert the pictures.. the outline becomes clearer. I am not saying anything.. I want a logical answer. But if the logical answer is a fantastical one at the end of the day, so be it. I won't simply dismiss it as "you were sleeping so you could probably do weird stuff to yourself" as a logical answer. If you can't do it when awake, I doubt you can do it while you are asleep.
edit on 6-8-2015 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You should definitely try hypnosis, if you have the cash for it. Hypnosis is definitely real. Although, I don't think it works for everyone.

Has this happened before, anything strange after the incident? If so.. maybe try setting up a camera in your room and have it run while you sleep. Or maybe a motion cam.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I was just reading up about hypnosis, really never considered it, and didn't really know the difference between regressive and other types. I think going in with no preconceived notions about what you -think- might have happened is important, from the sound of it. And I have no come to any conclusions, and am not even leaning one way or the other.. I just want to know what happened.

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened since. Could do a camera perhaps, but my wife might take offense at that. : D

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hello fleabit I wanted to share my photos with you. I have similar marks on me. Looks like three maybe four long fingers on my calf. I'm a woman with long skinny fingers. These marks are skinnier than mine. The angle is impossible for me to reach my right leg with my left hand and press so hard. For some reason I can't upload my photos
edit on 12-8-2015 by LatrichiaMorgan because: Rebutle

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Latrichia, was hard for me to find as well (where to upload). At the top, a couple of icons right of the myATS option, there is a tiny down pointing arrow. Clicking on that opens a drop-down menu, and one of the options there is upload. You can upload and move them into a public folder if don't care who sees them. At least, that's how I did it. : )

And the you can link them via the "insert an image from your library" option when you create a message (icon of a little mountain / sun).

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Fleabit, I realize this thread is a year old and I pray that you're doing well. The long finger like patterns are a symptom of a blood clot in that area. This is not to be taken lightly. GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM and get a Doppler!!! I had these on my calf and googled to find your post! LoL...what scared me to go to the ER? First, that gut instinct that something was wrong and second was the post of the person that said a good friend died three days after they had this happen. I was put on Xarelto for deep vein thrombosis.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join