It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marks - Indentions on leg after waking up - pics attchd

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So.. this might be nothing, I have no idea. But it's odd, and this is the kind of place to post such things, so here you go. Woke up this morning to find these marks on my left leg, on and next to my calf. You can't tell from the pics, but these were indentions.. like something was pressing into my calf for an extended period to create this. Am 48, have never had something like this happen in the past.

Nothing abnormal was in the bed, just me, blankets, wife. I did work out the day before after a hiatus, an hour on an elliptical, so that is a consideration - perhaps a super charley horse? Another odd thing - alarm was set for 7 am (have 3 things turns on.. radio, CD and sounds to make sure I get up, 7 minutes apart). Neither my wife or I heard or, they were all still turned on when I woke up. Also, was dead tired when I woke up, but sometimes do suffer from apnea, so that could be the reason why.

The oddest thing about the marks were the shape. I won't even say what I immediately though when I saw them, or my wife, who I got up to look at them. These marks gradually went away over 3 hours. No trace of them at all now, except for a small round bruise where one of the marks was, which is slightly sore to the touch.

Any ideas? Sound medical theories or otherwise?

Thanks in advance for any opinions - ask any questions you may have as well.

P.S. Attached two to show all the marks - there were four long marks, and one small indention to the left of those four.
edit on 31-5-2015 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What is the first thing you thought of when you saw it? That might tell you a little bit more about it. Looks like a demonic type of handprint lol

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Looks like long skinny alien fingers to me.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So I rolled out of bed, feeling exhausted. But it was 9 am, so it was 9 hours of sleep. Just was disoriented, from being tired. Cats were at me to be fed, so I did.. dropped a cat dish, and cat food on my foot (gross btw), and blinked as I looked at my leg and thought "Why is there a handprint on my calf?" First thing that went through my mind. And my wife as well.. I asked her what she thought, and she said "omg that looks like fingers.." before I said a thing about the shape. Very odd indeed. : )

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I've seen this before. Just remember to take lube !!!

edit on 31-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I was about to say Why the heck did I just watch that.. The randomness of it was classic..

And then I looked back up at the OP.

haha.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
look for a blue dot on your legs.
2nd line

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
From the angle and the brusing I would say you did this to yourself during your sleep

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I get 'indentations' on my legs... tender spots too... because one boney leg sits on the other leg way too long as I sleep... it ain't Aliens

and those parallel stripes are likely from the same cause.... you are experiencing just how folklore about demons-in-the-night got into the mainstream thinking... logical, mundane events were often given supernatural explanations... the boogey-man did it !

I show a 'white crappie'... a fish of a different color
edit on st31143311038831132015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

No white crappy a fish with no color. Hee Hee that is what they say about white people is that we have no color.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It looks like you might have had a wrinkle in the covers, or some other bit of your bedding, rammed up against your skin for a prolonged period. I get those all the time. It is nothing to worry about what so ever, and trust me, it looks precisely the same as in the image. I does produce some interesting patterns, but its pretty mundane!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Do you have a black light?
If so, check and see if it fluoresces.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No, no black light. I might have a bulb somewhere.. but what am I checking for? It faded in 3 hours.

Could be blankets as someone said, I thought about it.. but didn't seem a likely cause. I've gotten indents from blankets and sheets in the past, but nothing like this, not even close. I can't even imagine how it would have had to been wrapped to create that. I don't believe there is any way possible I could have done it myself. They are not indents from my other leg or my toes. The marks are about 2 inches longer than my own fingers. The indent was quite pronounced as well.

I'd suspect a monster of a charley horse before I would suspect the blanket or myself did this. I sleep on my back, and there was nothing wrapped around anything when I woke up, and it had to have occurred close to the time when I did get up, as they started fading directly after.

Yea, been busy at work.. so kinda pale now. But did take a nice hike today, have more color again. ; )

My wife even tried replicating the marks, couldn't do anything of the sort. Whatever was pressed against the skin was doing so firmly, and for a while too, from the look of it. I'd really suspect something going on with the muscle in my calf, before I'd buy that I did it with a blanket or my foot or something. You can't really tell with the photos, but they were quite dark and fairly deep as far as indents go. I was mostly curious if anyone got something like this due to a muscle cramp.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Posting before reading any responses.

That's freaky. The first impression I get is of a grip on your leg, hard enough to bruise, by someone with a really elongated hand, with pointy fingers/claws. Four fingers and a thumb. fits what we see here.

Do you remember dreaming at all?

Prayed for you for protection. I don't want to pry, but any recent incursions into anything supernatural? Seance, meditation, ouija board, anything?

ETA - The hubby agrees that it looks like a hand.
edit on 8-6-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: addition

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

well, I don't think they are flea bites

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
From the angle and the brusing I would say you did this to yourself during your sleep

Not unless he's a contortionist. Check the angle. Right hand print, left side of left leg. Squeezing that hard, in tour sleep, at such a weird angle? I can't accept that.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The same thing happened to a friend of mine and 3 days later... dead.

Sorry for your luck.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Not unless he's a contortionist. Check the angle. Right hand print, left side of left leg. Squeezing that hard, in tour sleep, at such a weird angle? I can't accept that.

I actually pondered for a moment if I somehow could have, though I can't imagine how. So I held my hand to the impression, and they marks were a bit wider, and about an inch or a bit longer than my own. I also did a test of sorts on myself (and my wife helped, a bit too readily imo...), pressing and holding fingers in a rather tight grip. It was actually fairly uncomfortable and somewhat painful, especially after a minute or so.

Not only could we not keep a grip without our hands getting very tired, it did not even begin to leave any indention like I found that morning. The issue: it's my calf muscle. And the indentions were in the muscle. Which perhaps is why it took three hours to return to normal.

I'm fairly critical myself of the science behind many claims on this board, and dubious of many claims. So I am the same way on myself. And I don't believe for a moment blankets or sheets caused that sort of indention in my calf, nor myself, nor my wife (whose hands are shorter than my own).

I can't recall any dreams that night. All I know is I woke up 9 hours after I went to bed, feeling like I had gotten 2 hours of sleep, my wife and I both slept through all 3 of my 6:30-ish alarms (they were all still one when we got up), and I had those marks.

I am quite willing to believe a medical condition caused it.. if someone can suggest something that can cause that to occur. And that because of it, I got a miserable nights sleep. I am not going to blindly believer a sheet caused 4 long and deep indentions, and a 5th divot behind my knee.

And LadyGreenEyes, no.. I was actually interested in occult type of stuff when I was young (not practicing mind you.. just reading about it), and I don't muck around with ouija boards or anything along those lines. My wife believes something weird sometimes goes on.. mostly because our cat once slowly walked towards a blank wall, staring, sniffing as if something was there, with his tail bushy. I think he just smelled something or heard something outside. : p

All I know is something caused it.. and it was not caused by my bed, nor my own hand or my wife's.

Also posting the other 4 pics I took (two with my iPad).. perhaps they give a better idea of how deep the indentions were. Pity I didn't take say.. a rubbing. I thought about it well after the fact. Would have been interesting to see what the full shape of all were together on a sheet of paper. : )

And.. that's all I got. Not sure if it helps much.. would love to know what could have caused it.

edit on 16-6-2015 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
The same thing happened to a friend of mine and 3 days later... dead.

Sorry for your luck.

Been over a week.. nothing yet, guess I dodged a bullet there.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am friends with a couple. One of which I have shared close encounters with "strange lights" with more than once.
They shared very similar marks with me. It looked like bruising from being grasped hard on their upper thighs. Three long fingers and an opposing thumb is what it looked like.
I put a black light on them and there were "liquid splatters" that fluoresced blue on both of them.
The splatter marks would not wash off with water or alcohol.
They faded after a day.
edit on 18-6-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2015 by skunkape23 because: edit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join