It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wage Required to Afford a 2-Bedroom Rental in Every State

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

It is quite disturbing, isn't it? And now so many want to cut social programs for the indigent and disabled, too.
Craziness.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well, apparently giving a damn about your fellow citizens and having some formal procedures in place to protect the vulnerable is filthy Communism and turns everyone into Kunta Kinte. Or so i read

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Pants3204
$7.25/hr @ 85 hours a week is about $620/week, or $2500/month. How is this not enough to rent a single bedroom apartment? Where are you living that has rent this high, and maybe the better question is, why are you still living there?

You in the military sport? Or single? Lots of free, there…

In Silicon Valley,

Median rent in "techdom"

my son and his fiancé live in downtown San Jose, in a nice 2-bedroom 2 bath apartment, with underground gated parking and they are paying 2300 a month. they had to do some searching for it, but it came available, and they snatched it up quick....by the way they have been looking at buying a house in the region, but there isn't anything under 500k, that isn't in some type of crime infested ghetto of the bay area. Asian buyers have been snapping up 1100 sq. ft. 2 bedroom homes in the prime areas, and paying 1 million plus based on internet photos alone.

(post by MaxHospital removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxHospital

What is the going price for a kidney?

Are you for real?? Or is this spam or a joke??

(Welcome to ATS, by the way!
I'm honored that your first post was in this thread.)
edit on 5/31/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Asian buyers have been snapping up 1100 sq. ft. 2 bedroom homes in the prime areas, and paying 1 million plus based on internet photos alone.

Roger that. Lots of families from India and China paying million plus for town homes where I live, too.

Internet based giants and Apple's new complex has contributed to this. The crime rate has been "snapping up", too.

I grew up here, the number of smash and grab burglaries (kicking in doors in broad daylight) is huuuge…

edit on 31-5-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Thanks for clarifying. I agree. I read that the last "crash" (2008) was triggered by all the toxic mortgages bundled off as securities (if I got that right) and the next one will begin with the collapse of the housing bubble.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Asian buyers have been snapping up 1100 sq. ft. 2 bedroom homes in the prime areas, and paying 1 million plus based on internet photos alone.

Roger that. Lots of families from India and China paying million plus for town homes where I live, too.

Internet based giants and Apple's new complex has contributed to this. The crime rate has been "snapping up", too.

I grew up here, the number of smash and grab burglaries (kicking in doors in broad daylight) is huuuge…

geez...and I thought it was bad here in Stockton, what with random daylight car-to-car shootings, mall parking lot assaults, drive-by house shootings, etc...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

geez…and I thought it was bad here in Stockton

Stockton?!

Last I heard thats the capital of Meth.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

geez…and I thought it was bad here in Stockton

Stockton?!

Last I heard thats the capital of Meth.

nah....not the capital anyway...."Meth" by the way, is also the last name of a rising star in college golf going to school here. it is a rather strange coincidence.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

originally posted by: Pants3204
$7.25/hr @ 85 hours a week is about $620/week, or $2500/month. How is this not enough to rent a single bedroom apartment? Where are you living that has rent this high, and maybe the better question is, why are you still living there?

Surely the question here is that why the heck would one have to work 85 hours a week to afford reasonable housing?

Work to live, not live to work.

I'm still laughing at an 85 hour working week being part of any reasonable explanation.

I already went over the numbers, this article is simply dead wrong.

I make horrible crap money that any minimum wage couple can make and I own a 3BR house, and could rent a 2BR apartment easy. I repeat, a couple making minimum wage makes MORE than me.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You don't NEED to live in a prime area. Saying the minimum pay to live in Cali is $X based on prime locations is foolish.

Just because there are houses on the beach that are $2million doesn't mean you can't live in that city 2 blocks over for $300k.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why do you think the world revolves around you?

I mean just because this and that happens to you does not mean it happens to everyone.

Realize that your circumstances may be rare, then maybe you can understand why other people have a reason to complain about living situations.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thefallenone

Why do you think the world revolves around you?

I mean just because this and that happens to you does not mean it happens to everyone.

Realize that your circumstances may be rare, then maybe you can understand why other people have a reason to complain about living situations.

Because I did not talk about my situation. I showed how ANYONE can be in the same situation making minimum wage. I also have previously posted actual numbers showing this entire source to be dead wrong.

Just because you can't own a beach house doesn't mean you can't afford an apartment.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Wage Required to Afford a 2-Bedroom Rental in Every State

That would be $917.70/hr to rent an apartment in every state (including DC and Puerto Rico). Good thing I only live in one state.

edit on 5/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Not everyone needs a two bedroom rental.

If you're needing a two bedroom rental, then the person in the second bedroom should be sharing the rent, unless that person is a child.

If the person is a child, then the other parent should be either living there and paying rent, or should be kicking in child support.

Claiming that everyone needs to be able to pay for a two bedroom apartment to pass as a living wage is ridiculous.

In my building, a one bedroom rents as low as $540 a month. A two bedroom w/ den rents for $1400 a month. Very large difference.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I already went over the numbers, this article is simply dead wrong.

REAlly! !!
It's wrong? You don't say!

That's awesome for you that you debunked it. Happy for ya.
You own a 3-BR and you could ALSO rent a 2br apartment?

We've already discussed how having a mortgage on a home is less expensive than renting.

So..... $300k for a home (purchase price) is just...what...pocket change? In your area?
That is so far out of my realm of existence that I can't even imagine it. The monthly payment would be about $3,000.

edit on 5/31/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You don't NEED to live in a prime area. Saying the minimum pay to live in Cali is $X based on prime locations is foolish.

The report lists the wage required in each county in each state.

And let me tall ya, "$1,500 or less" for a 2- or 3-br apartment is absurd. Where I live, that much money toward a mortgage would buy you a $150,000 house. And those are fairly nice houses. "Kind of" nice. Decent.

Don't watch or read fox news, and you'll get a better grip on things.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
REAlly! !!
It's wrong? You don't say!

That's awesome for you that you debunked it. Happy for ya.
You own a 3-BR and you could ALSO rent a 2br apartment?

We've already discussed how having a mortgage on a home is less expensive than renting.

So..... $300k for a home (purchase price) is just...what...pocket change? In your area?
That is so far out of my realm of existence that I can't even imagine it. The monthly payment would be about $3,000.

Who said 300k for a house? Monthly payment for a 300k house is $1,418. I understand now why you believe the article, you have no clue what things cost.

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
The report lists the wage required in each county in each state.

And let me tall ya, "$1,500 or less" for a 2- or 3-br apartment is absurd. Where I live, that much money toward a mortgage would buy you a $150,000 house. And those are fairly nice houses. "Kind of" nice. Decent.

Don't watch or read fox news, and you'll get a better grip on things.

My house is $120,000 and I owe $100k on my mortgage and pay $400 a month. If you think a $150k house is $1,500 a month you are clueless.

I don't watch FOX news, keep lobbying the ad-hominems when you are the one who is completely clueless.

Again, $1500 a month will pay for a $300k mortgage.
edit on 31-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The Gov't isn't the answer. It's the Gov't providing most of the problems, then making them 10x as challenging by adding taxes, red-tape and useless political spin to it....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join