It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters run their hose through ‘illegally’ parked car

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Sremmos80

Either way though, pretty crap national system of hydrants and hoses if a car parked too close requires it's windows being smashed to feed a hose through.
I don't buy it.

OK, we get it. After multiple posts stating the SAME THING.

The US fire hydrant system sucks, and the UK is far superior in every way.

Except at keeping their colonies.
edit on 2-6-2015 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah2

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Bovah2

Firefighters aren't dicks. They're fighting a fire and don't have time to save a window because someone illegally parked in front of their water source. They literally do not have time to run a hose under the car.

Police can be dicks, but everyone loves a firefighter.

It only takes literally a second to throw a hose underneath a suv.

Yes it does.... when it is a garden hose.

Hoses used by firefighters are much larger and much heavier.

Fact is this... it is much faster to go through the windows of a car than to reroute the hose and be sure it is not going to be grinding on anything sharp. Ever been to a fire? Do you ever see the hose under the firetruck? No. You don't, and this is the reason why.

Anyone who complains about this is a perfect example of the new majority mentality of "me first" and is a perfect example of what is wrong with people today. Not to mention being clueless about the basics of American History. Clearly you do not understand the importance of a fire hydrant and what can happen and what HAS happened prior to there ever being such a thing as a fire hydrant.

Calling the fire fighters "dicks" for doing this is much like having a stranger walk up and punch you in the face. So you defend yourself and knock that stranger out cold. Then some idiot who watched the whole thing calls you a dick because you knocked him out and you "didnt have to be that rough". In my eyes that stranger learns a valuable lesson about not picking fights, and this driver learned the valuable lesson about why you don't park in front of fire hydrants.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And why is the word "illegally" in quotes? The car was illegally parked, end of story.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

That's just because those little go carts you call cars over there can be lift by two guy and tossed aside as needed.

edit on 4-6-2015 by dismanrc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
reasons NOT to run hoses under cars :

1 - hot exhausts / catalytic converters [ can burn a hole in hose ]

2 - air // hydraulic suspensions [ can lower when parked and crush // constrict the hose ]

3 - idiotic drivers [ the type who have already parked illegally ] who figure they better now move the car - with the hose still under it .

having said all that - OVER the car is faster - and dont give me the kink // bend radius excuse - HINT how do you get a fire hose round a 90 degree turn in a corridor ???

throught the windows is to invite puncture risk .

ETA :

just my opinion but the firefighters do this - cos they know they can get away with vandalising illegally parked cars .

Almost nill chance of puncture risk. Modern side windows are designed to shatter into tiny pieces. I had a couple get broke and it more of a pain picking up all the little pieces then worrying about getting cut.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join