It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters run their hose through ‘illegally’ parked car

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Haha! That is priceless, check out the kink in that pipe!
I guess Australia has dick firefighters as well, I'll concede.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: noxxen
a reply to: grainofsand

your fire hoses might be underground.... but your laws and justice system is sheet..

so you lose either way
Oh really?
Our laws prevent our firefighters damaging property unless there is a need or requirement for them to do so.
Your laws appear to be ignored so firefighters are 'allowed' to exact street justice for illegal parking when there was no real operational need other than punishment for illegally parking.
Hmm, and so many folk here seem to think that is fine.

Again, find me a single news story of firefighters breaking car windows because they were parked 'in the way' from any other country.
Then ask yourself why you can't.

What a silly post. So if a building is burning down and your car is blocking the fire hydrant, that doesn't suffice as a valid reason to damage the car if need be? Whatever. You've wasted a lot of time trolling here, my friend, only to now move on to assaulting Australia's fire fighters now too. What an absolute waste of time and effort. Sigh. . . trolls.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
You are moving the goalposts. Over and over again you have assailed the U.S. for its "unique system" when it comes to hydrants. The system is not unique. You've been exposed so quit wasting everyone's time and go away.
Nope, I was saying if the US system is not unique then there must be another reason why US firefighters struggle to negotiate car obstacles compared to the rest of the world.
I see you struggle with reasoned debate.
Have a cup of tea, it may help with your emotion.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
You are moving the goalposts. Over and over again you have assailed the U.S. for its "unique system" when it comes to hydrants. The system is not unique. You've been exposed so quit wasting everyone's time and go away.
Nope, I was saying if the US system is not unique then there must be another reason why US firefighters struggle to negotiate car obstacles compared to the rest of the world.
I see you struggle with reasoned debate.
Have a cup of tea, it may help with your emotion.

I see you struggle with honesty. You're lying. Anyone who cares to can go back over all of your posts and see this. I'm done with this, you've been clearly exposed and aren't worth one more second of my time.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Haha! That is priceless, check out the kink in that pipe!
I guess Australia has dick firefighters as well, I'll concede.

You know, I looked at that picture again and despite the fact that the website says it was taken in New South Wales it appears the cars are on the wrong side of the street for it to be Australia.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Is that all you can cry is troll?
Do you not find it strange that US firefighters breaking car windows are pretty much all you can find in Google?
Why are you so sensitive and emotional?
Is it a national crime to question the actions of firefighters or something?
Face it, it's a US thing and you all seem to like it so I'll bow out, but troll? really? Are the days of disagreement now over for fear of being branded a troll? My arguments were reasoned and calm, yours were not.
No matter, I shall leave you to the firefighter appreciation society jerk circle. Lol

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Is that all you can cry is troll?
Do you not find it strange that US firefighters breaking car windows are pretty much all you can find in Google?
Why are you so sensitive and emotional?
Is it a national crime to question the actions of firefighters or something?
Face it, it's a US thing and you all seem to like it so I'll bow out, but troll? really? Are the days of disagreement now over for fear of being branded a troll? My arguments were reasoned and calm, yours were not.
No matter, I shall leave you to the firefighter appreciation society jerk circle. Lol

Right. You do that. Go chug tea and rave over pictures of your "Appointed by God" ruler's new baby or some such thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Have that cup of tea, you appear overly agitated, that is never healthy, it's only reasoned discussion remember...you do know what that is don't you?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

That's fine, but the UK manages quite well without laws controlling where people can park their cars regarding hydrants.
Perhaps it was cheaper for the US to have less hydrants per street compared to us or something, thus requiring a greater need to protect access to them for the fire service.
Ah well, first world problems after all, I'm glad the UK fire services do not struggle to put fires out because a car is parked next to the hydrant lol.
Maybe you'll catch up with us technologically one day and there will be no need for red paint on the roads.

The United Kingdom in total consists of 94,058 square miles the United states consists of 3,794,100 square miles.

Your system logistically would cause countless problems here. Our system works just fine and there is plenty of parking space. For those who can't be bothered to find that space a few broken windows during times of emergency is a small price. The driver should have been ticketed as well she got off easy.

If she was inconsiderate enough to park there would have been a high chance she would have also driven over it while it was pressurized during the fire if they had ran the hose under the car. Hopefully she learned a lesson, but if she didn't then she is just another oxygen thief.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yep fair one, I get it, US firefighters only ever smash car windows to find the quickest way to the hydrant or to to rescue people inside/save lives.
I shall never doubt that again on ATS.
I will always find it curious that it is pretty much the only country in the world I can find stories online about it happening though.

Very curious.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

We could probably refit the entire countries fire hydrant system fairly easy in order to save a few car owners windows if we raised the gas tax to UK levels to pay for it, but I am enjoying paying less than $2.50 a gallon for gas here and in return I don't mind finding a parking spot that doesn't impede emergency workers.

I am just curious what does a gallon of gas cost in the UK right now?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

£1.15 a litre at my local station, just done a quick conversion and that is $6.60 per US gallon.
But now we are really off topic so I'll stop as I don't see the relevance, I don't like the tax the government takes but I like things such as free healthcare at the point of need, and I can cover my petrol costs ok.
Another thread perhaps.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It doesn't seem to be off topic. You compare the UK system to the US system and the funding for those systems should be completely on topic.

I like your health care system as well, however from what I looked up your gas tax doesn't pay for your healthcare system. Like us, that tax is earmarked for road systems which would include piping systems for hydrants and fuel subsidies like ours.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Nope, UK taxes just go into a general Treasury pot, even state pensions are not earmarked in a separate fund.

*Edit*
To clarify, national taxes.
Local authorities raise other taxes and they are of course allocated appropriately, local roads and the like, but national taxation just morphs into the national Treasury pot.
edit on 1.6.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I am not sure I would like that. ATM we only pay 0.18 a gallon in federal tax, but in the UK it is reported to be $3.55 per gallon in tax. The tax alone is over a dollar more than I pay for a gallon. Considering how much I drive that would be unsustainable.

As far as our health system goes it isn't a lack of funds it is corporate control and pressure from lobbies that keeps us from that.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Definitely an interesting discussion but I've dodged claims of troll in this thread already so I'll bow out as I can do without dodging calls that I'm going off topic as well.
Be good to discuss taxation/services differences between countries in an appropriate thread though.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I haven't called you a troll.

Every country has things people in other countries see as wrong. I don't think someone's broken window in an emergency situation is anything to be concerned about. In the case of fires seconds can be the difference between life and death. Windows can be replaced and are cheap. People make choices and sometimes those choices have consequences.

If I was in the UK I would probably choose not to own a TV because I certainly wouldn't pay for BBC, but if I chose to own one and skip the fees and got caught that would also be a consequence. Like I said every country has things other people see as wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I can't find any stories about it outside the U.S., either. That is curious. Maybe it's because in other countries someone's car windows being smashed in the context of a fire wouldn't be news-worthy. America does have that mega news media and people more obsessed with material things than a lot of places.

I'm offering that to counter the American attitude thing simply because I can't picture a Russian firefighter NOT smashing a car's windows...even if it wasn't in the way! haha

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WizardVanWizard

It is the digital age where there is a lot of stuff that isn't news worthy which becomes news. I think you are probably right that it does happen in other countries, but people there just don't care enough to make it an issue.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Bovah2

Firefighters aren't dicks. They're fighting a fire and don't have time to save a window because someone illegally parked in front of their water source. They literally do not have time to run a hose under the car.

Police can be dicks, but everyone loves a firefighter.

Firefighters may not be dicks, but I'll go there. Park where you aren't allowed...fire zone, handicapped spot (without being handicapped), where there isn't a spot (eg. making your own)...your vehicle should be fair game. Flat tires, broken windows, etc. Maybe then you would stop being such a selfish prick.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join