It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters run their hose through ‘illegally’ parked car

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: someoneinnewengland

OK, two nations of the world, both North America, maybe you both use the same bizarre system of hoses and hydrants which requires such action.
That is curious, or maybe you just share similar firefighters who do it with a mindset as punishment for illegal parking.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
ok and again it isnt the time thing in all cases some yes are just being dinks, but ever have an extension chord come up just short of where you need to reach, is it a pain in the ass to get slack on the chord, now think of it in terms of a heavy hose and how much time do you think would be taken to rerun the hose if it doesnt reach the truck, so while it seems they are being dinks all the time think about it in this way - they measure twice and cut once. meaning they run the hose once and not multiple times trying to get a few more feet out of the line.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
last time i checked canada was subserviant to the UK your queen is lord and master of canada - she even has the power to suspend their gov. so its north america. UK owns the contry explain that.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't buy it.
When it appears to be a solely American thing it can only be because you have a unique system of hoses and hydrants which no other countries in the world use, or you have more dick firefighters than the rest of the world.
Again, just one news story link from anywhere else other than the US where this smashing of car windows happens. Just one?
I've searched for far too long since yesterday and it certainly seems to be 'only in America' so I remain wondering why that is.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
anyone from other countries want to show examples of hydrants in their country. as i have been only to the areas in north america and have not studied ther hydrants of other contries. and to the UK guy the underground may work for you but as i said it will not work when lets say in upper new hampshire - one town takes an hour and a half to get from one side to the other and no it is not a city either it is farmland - and it just wouldnt work due to distance as it would cost to much to create the entire system.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: someoneinnewengland
last time i checked canada was subserviant to the UK your queen is lord and master of canada - she even has the power to suspend their gov. so its north america. UK owns the contry explain that.

I see you are new here, I suggest you read the T&C's first and stay on topic in this thread.
Canadian sovereignty silliness is off-topic here.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

If it happened in other countries then Google would have at least one story about it.
I have searched multiple terms and scrolled through multiple pages of search results. The only stories of this happening is in the US.
That says a lot, and it can only be that the US has a bizarre system of hoses/hydrants which requires car windows to be smashed if they are in the way, or you have more dick firefighters than every other country in the world.
Unless you can suggest another reason?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
i am not taking the time to search thousands of google pages to win this argument. everyone in america know not to do it so the argument is pointless as they know what will happen if there is a fire. period. what is getting me aggravated is that the same people who are complaining about this will be the first ones to be like smash the window my house is on fire. and they are berating someone who risks his life to save yours in a fire. what happened to the love for firefighters since 9-11. now they have turned into dicks, i know gov/ police arent popular right now but, jees. really this isnt the first window to be smashed by firefighters anywhere i am sure if you searched long and hard enough you would find examples in your country also. experiment go to local fire house and ask the people there. bet you would be surprised.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i was giving example of who runs the country as the way you termed canada it was like we run the country and they have to follow everything we do, so i did not violate terms and comditions.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Yep, since yesterday on and off I've spent an hour or so searching exactly that. The only stories come from America, so again, either you have a crap system of hoses/hydrants compared to the rest of the world or your firefighters do it solely to teach a lesson to people who park their cars illegally.

If it is the case that your hydrant/hose system is so poor that it the only one in the world which cannot negotiate obstacles like a nearby car then that surprises me, but if not it must be that firefighters do it as punishment.
If they do it as punishment then yes, they are being dicks.

...and I understand why you do not wish to waste your time searching for similar examples from around the world, they seem impossible to find outside the US.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: someoneinnewengland
i was giving example of who runs the country as the way you termed canada it was like we run the country and they have to follow everything we do
Nope, check again, that is your invention alone.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Stupidity and lack of manners should be painful and expensive

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I asked my brother-in-law, who happens to be a fire captain a couple towns over from me, for his take. He explained that they do not want to run the hose over or under the vehicle in case the owner returns and attempts to move it. He stated that this could damage the hoses. Running it through the vehicle prevents it from being moved at all until the fire is contained. While he reported that his crew has never done this they would do so if the situation arose.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I think its cause your housing systems were all made of ancient bricks that don't burn quickly so there is no rush.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KuzKuz

I think its cause your housing systems were all made of ancient bricks that don't burn quickly so there is no rush.
Sadly no, our houses burn just as quick, although you may be left with 4 stone or brick walls and nothing in between.
My nearly 170 year old house is built of limestone but there is a layer of timber in all the internal 'skin' of the walls which the upstairs floor joists are attached to, same with the roof, can't nail into stone.
When they burn the structural integrity of the building can be weakened so even the walls come down.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well here in N.A. we would only have a chimney standing if there was one. No walls. And I totally agree the system is flawed.

ETA: But which system isn't flawed
edit on 6/1/2015 by KuzKuz because: add to comment

edit on 6/1/2015 by KuzKuz because: spelling correction

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I agree and covered that in one of multiple reasons earlier. That is one of the many though. Unfortunately some here do not know how to read and can only throw out the term "retarded" because they are incapable of refuting any facts presented.

Care to refute any ape? Or just deflect as shown.
edit on 1-6-2015 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

He did mention an instance were a driver ruptured one of the hoses when they maneuvered past the pumper and drove over them.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I asked my brother-in-law, who happens to be a fire captain a couple towns over from me, for his take. He explained that they do not want to run the hose over or under the vehicle in case the owner returns and attempts to move it. He stated that this could damage the hoses. Running it through the vehicle prevents it from being moved at all until the fire is contained.
Now that does make sense

Here in the UK though, police close the street immediately there is a fire and there is no chance your car is going anywhere even if you wanted. Last fire in my street (large hotel) there were multiple hoses running over and around parked cars, including those next to the hydrants. No smashed windows though.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Here in the UK though, police close the street immediately there is a fire and there is no chance your car is going anywhere even if you wanted.

I inferred from his explanation that this is not always the case particularly if his fire house is close to the call. They will get there much sooner than the police and their first duty is to set up to combat the fire and not direct the local traffic.

Either way, it seems to be a rather uncommon occurrence to have someone block a hydrant and then have a fire.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join