It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK EU Referendum, IN or OUT?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: moniker

originally posted by: Power_Semi
I'm a definite out.

We import far more from the EU than we export to it

No we don't. We import far more from the USA than we export to it. The EU is our largest export market with more than 50% of exports going there. Our exports to the EU exceeds our imports from there.

NO - I know that you will not like hearing this Moniker, but you are 100% WRONG.

You come across as one of those people who think that you are always right and everyone else is always wrong, and if they don't agree with you they are "dumb" as you put it.

Hang on - I never stated that they are dumb. I commented on another comment stating that.

You should get your facts right before you start acting in such an aggressive way towards other people.

The link below is the OFFICIAL trade statistics provided by HM revenue and customs:

www.uktradeinfo.com...

How do you like them apples? They're probably French...

I believe we are comparing apples and oranges, and so I probably didn't express myself clearly enough. The page you list only contains EU trade. I had a look at this one:

www.uktradeinfo.com...

and realised that I was wrong (I took my stats from the FT, which I probably shouldn't have). From the official statistics it appears that the EU is both the largest export and import market by far. I stand corrected.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: moniker

There are plenty of mentions by Cameron and generally about it's potential contents. As I said google it!.

Yes there is, but very little substance. I found this report:

www.publications.parliament.uk...

where one of the recommendations (pp. 93) is:

"6. We agree that any UK Bill of Rights has to be 'ECHR plus'. It cannot detract in any way from the rights guaranteed by the ECHR."

and:

"7. The issue is not whether the Bill of Rights is going to be compliant with the ECHR, which is a fairly low threshold, but whether it is going to be 'HRA-plus', that is, add to and build on the HRA as the UK's scheme of human rights protection."

But based on comments made by Cameron it appears that he is straying away from following those recommendations.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Out please. That's a personal opinion in spite of the fact that it will hurt us economically, at least to start with. But we shall overcome!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
why dont we just see the big picture ok? europe is a # up! you'll get it when they bend you over... thats what happens always. people are too slow to catch what is really happening and they end up being inside it. Hello from Greece, Say OXI too Europe. Lets be done with this nonsense. Be ready when Russia invades Turkey. Cause that will be the point that ww3 is gonna show its face. This is it. this is the peak.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join