It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Board: Tips and Tricks? (my first thread!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Here YOU try this and let us know...conservativerefocus.com...
I'm a half assed Christian so I won't.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well I can't claim to know what other people have experienced. Anecdotes are interesting but you miss out on a lit of important details that could be important factors to what happened. The mind is a powerful thing, you know? Especially when you go into something like Ouji expecting results. As I said before, some controlled experiments with the things would be nice and telling.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

edit on 5-28-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: katiebug8221
Hi there! I'm going to apologize in advance if I do anything wrong; this is my first thread on this site! Now I know there are other threads concerning Ouija boards, but I wanted to say a bit about myself (and the others participating) and a few specific questions we had. Here it goes!

I've been seeing spirits since I was four years old. I've dealt with a negative attachment and shadow people. But most of the entities I see are positive, and recently my sight has weakened due to school stress. My first friend is a sensitive, who can tell when there is something nearby, but cannot see it. She has a close relationship to three different mediums and has done extensive research on the paranormal. My second friend doesn't have any psychic ability but has an interest due to her close relationship with me. We are all mentally stable.

Here are the questions we have:
1. Do you have any advice on how to use the board safely?
2. Are there any questions/phrases/words to avoid? (e.g. should we avoid asking how they died, because it forces them to relive it?)
3. What questions should we ask?
4. Would asking questions about the future be appropriate?
5. Should we have any materials nearby? (e.g. Bible)
6. (Stemming from the previous) would sage be inappropriate to burn during the session?
7. Where would be the best place to do it? We were considering either the backyard or garage.

Thank you SO much!

WHY do you want to use a Ouija board?

If the answer is "I don't know"; "I'm curious about it" or "For entertainment", you are doing this wrong.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: katiebug8221

i know Ouija board can seem really benign and intriguing, but the people coming in here trying to warn you off are right. It probably seems like we're all a bunch of old crotchety, cautionary, internet finger waggers, but it's a real warning and a real threat.

Objects like Ouija boards and the intent to use them to communicate with spirits are essentially an invitation. And you're not just sending that invitation out to harmless people who have passed away seeking closure. You are sending that invitation out to EVERYTHING on the spirit plane. Opening the door so to speak. And saying "come on in!" to anything that's out there.

You have little to no control over what will come through. Especially, if multiple people are using the board, it gets even harder, because you're all on a different page spiritually. But, even if you do reach out to someone successfully who isn't themselves negative or harmful, that invitation has still been sent out. And has the potential to attract entities that you really, really don't want to invite into your home and personal space. Because once they're in, they're in. But, the main issue is being lied to. Negative spirits are very deft liars. Manipulators. You can be talking to a spirit that is convincingly acting like your relative, to the point where you are convinced, but in actuality you are being spoon fed deliberate lies to gain your confidence and to manipulate you for the entities own ends.

Spirits aren't just hanging around waiting to give out the secrets of the world to those of us here seeking answers, but there are spirits just hanging around waiting for an invitation.

And unfortunately, not every entity will leave when you move that little planchette to "Good-Bye".

There are a lot of people on this site alone, myself included, who have had negative experiences after or during the use of a Ouija board. I used to think they were just a harmless child's toy as well, but I have unfortunately learned from personal experience that the repercussions from even just dipping your foot in this murky pond can be severe and I honestly won't ever use one again. And I have this really nice old vintage one, beautiful, but dangerous.

And it won't just be yourself that can be potentially dragged down, it can most certainly apply to your friends as well. So think of them and yourself and anyone else who occupies the house that your in. You are essentially involving them all in a game of spiritual chance. And the risks can be very high.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Try it with everyone blindfolded and then see for yourself that it's all a load of bs.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
A few years ago we lived next door to a graveyard. There was 7 or 8 friends all sharing this house, it was a big house. One night we got a ouija board and decided to use it in the graveyard..

Big BIG mistake.
We did it on top of an orphanage's grave for children.

One of my friends has never been the same since and i certainly have no wish to ever use one again.
Every time we asked a certain question the wind started getting really strong and gusty, swirly.

Freaked a couple of us out, especialy one who's a complete wreck now
That and other things made it a very wicked night

Be prepared for an experience like no other

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Don't try to contact spirits, they are very dangerous. They will lie to you to gain your trust and use you for their agenda. I have had enough experience with them in my dreams to know that the more attention you give them, the more aggressive, dangerous, and influential they become. The only spiritual entity you should stay in contact with is God through prayer. Believe that Jesus died for your sins, and you will find all the truth you need in your rebirth.

I couldn't have said it better myself. The Ouija board is a tool for opening a doorway to dangerous evil entities.

You are NOT talking to deceased people. It is a DECEPTION.

Do not fool around with ANYTHING of an occult nature. You will regret it as many of us do (including me).

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Lack of answer from OP let me thinks she believes she knows the spirit world better than you guys and that she doesn't need your warning.

Typical hybris before the fall from grace.

Wait for OP next thread "help me scary things are happening"

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why do people never use these things during the day in a sunny room with some dance music on or something? LOL No, people have to use them in graveyards or creepy places with candles and spooky stuff going on. No wonder people think they're doing supernatural things.

It's a game. By Parker Brothers. Sold at toy stores.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hmmm, I saw the thread, and decided to come in here and warn the op against using one. Looks like everyone else was also doing that, so I won't go there.

But it does have me curious as to whether or not the op will listen to words of wisdom from everyone here, or be a stupid kid and do it anyway because they know better. I'm curious, because where I work we sell the Parker Bros. version, and teenagers will buy it. Whenever I see anyone buying one, I always warn them not to do it, because bad things could end up happening.

Like anything you tell teenagers, they smile, get excited, don't listen to you thinking they know better. What's funny is they always try to return it. NOPE!!! That's yours now, buddy. XD

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Did Parker Brothers sell the demon gate to Hasbro with all the demons included? Fear of Ouiji is usually confined to the Christian mythology while many occultists find it a fulfilling experience. It's a toy, the demons have to be purchased separately.

Necrobile: be very careful, if I was your boss and heard you do that, I would fire you on he spot. You are to sell toys not stop sales because of your religious beliefs.
edit on Thu May 28th, 2015 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I don't mess with it anymore, nor do I recommend it for anyone solely based on my personal experiences with it. Has nothing to do with "christian mythology". Unless you truly know what you're doing, which if one is asking questions about it tells me they don't know what they're doing, so I just don't recommend it.

I guess being told by whomever/whatever you're communicating with to die is a sure-fire way to convince one to stop using them. lol

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Did Parker Brothers sell the demon gate to Hasbro with all the demons included? Fear of Ouiji is usually confined to the Christian mythology while many occultists find it a fulfilling experience. It's a toy, the demons have to be purchased separately.

Necrobile: be very careful, if I was your boss and heard you do that, I would fire you on he spot. You are to sell toys not stop sales because of your religious beliefs.

The spiritism fad started before the Ouija board was created, and it isn't related to Christianity.

Actually almost all cultures throughout the world acknowledge the existence of spirits in one form or another.
edit on 28-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

I'm sorry, I have to laugh at this. Sound as serious as you want, but you're a fool for believing this. You ever try to tell a teenager not to do something?? It almost guarantee's they'll do it. So my warning them not to get one is pretty much guaranteeing a sale, yet you'd fire me for it based on assumptions of my spiritual beliefs.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I really appreciate everyone's honesty and personal stories; they helped a lot. Particularly CallmeRaskolnikov – thank you for taking the time to explain everything thoroughly and with kindness. My friends and I were confused by the many mixed opinions about Ouija boards, and I thought bringing it here – with people who are learned about this subject – would help us.

@Cateam189 I'm really interested in that story?

@TerryMcGuire you have an interesting point. I had not considered that. I just know that stress is normally a big factor in people losing their sight, but I didn't think about just not needing it anymore. That's slightly frustrating though: knowing it's there but not being able to see it?

@JUhrman it seems like you want an apology that I don't have the same sleep schedule as you, and don't get on the Internet as often as you would like me to. But please, continue to tell me more about myself.

I've shown this thread to the others, and I think we are in agreement that it's best to leave it alone.
edit on 28-5-2015 by katiebug8221 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

If I was a stupid kid I would have done it already. That's why I came here and asked?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'll do it. You don't have to use an official board do you? You can scratch one up on a piece of paper and use any old thing as a planchette right?

I'm willing to risk turning this apartment into a haunted demon zone to show nothing will happen.

Theoretically I could make one right on this screen and use my mouse?

edit on 5-28-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

you're very welcome. i'm glad you all have decided that it's best to leave it be.

it seems as though you and some others you know are already intuitive and sensitive to spiritual energy. that's something you guys can develop further without the use of occult tools such as the Ouija. The Ouija would essentially be a middle man in the process that you don't really need because it would just complicate things unnecessarily.

with meditation and other exercises aimed at developing your third-eye you can still accomplish some amazing things and learn things that others without your skills and interests will never understand and never experience themselves because their minds are too closed off. your mind is really the only tool you need. just take the necessary precautions and practice spiritual protection techniques as well. again, there's a wealth of information here on ATS and elsewhere.

good luck! if you have more questions, which i'm sure you will, just ask! and ignore the doubters and naysayers.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Do not open any doors you may not be able to close. And that you cannot control who or What comes through it.

My advice if you have one? Smash the stylus(pointer) with a hammer...break the board into 4 pieces and throw each piece and stylus away into 5 different trash bins so that they can never be rejoined together.

And DONT do that AFTER you played with it, taking a chance on whatever came through...cannot ever get back into it.

Believe me or not, I don't care...but no good can come of it. It is not a toy. Don't be foolish. There is way more negative searchable info on it on the internet then there is good.

Take my advice....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join