It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Board: Tips and Tricks? (my first thread!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hi there! I'm going to apologize in advance if I do anything wrong; this is my first thread on this site! Now I know there are other threads concerning Ouija boards, but I wanted to say a bit about myself (and the others participating) and a few specific questions we had. Here it goes!

I've been seeing spirits since I was four years old. I've dealt with a negative attachment and shadow people. But most of the entities I see are positive, and recently my sight has weakened due to school stress. My first friend is a sensitive, who can tell when there is something nearby, but cannot see it. She has a close relationship to three different mediums and has done extensive research on the paranormal. My second friend doesn't have any psychic ability but has an interest due to her close relationship with me. We are all mentally stable.

Here are the questions we have:
1. Do you have any advice on how to use the board safely?
2. Are there any questions/phrases/words to avoid? (e.g. should we avoid asking how they died, because it forces them to relive it?)
3. What questions should we ask?
4. Would asking questions about the future be appropriate?
5. Should we have any materials nearby? (e.g. Bible)
6. (Stemming from the previous) would sage be inappropriate to burn during the session?
7. Where would be the best place to do it? We were considering either the backyard or garage.

Thank you SO much!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: katiebug8221

Sorry, I say to stay far, far away. Nothing good will come from it, only bad. The bad entities that were in our house only became worse after my teenager and friends decided to "play"
edit on 27-5-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

We ended up having to move out before they destroyed all of our lives
edit on 27-5-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Ouija Board: Tips and Tricks? (my first thread!)

I fixed your thread title...

Ouija Board: Tips and Tricks? (my Last thread!)

Just say No...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Don't try to contact spirits, they are very dangerous. They will lie to you to gain your trust and use you for their agenda. I have had enough experience with them in my dreams to know that the more attention you give them, the more aggressive, dangerous, and influential they become. The only spiritual entity you should stay in contact with is God through prayer. Believe that Jesus died for your sins, and you will find all the truth you need in your rebirth.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Don't use it, get rid of it. We dug a hole, buried ours deep, and poured concert over it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

1. Do you have any advice on how to use the board safely?
2. Are there any questions/phrases/words to avoid? (e.g. should we avoid asking how they died, because it forces them to relive it?)
3. What questions should we ask?
4. Would asking questions about the future be appropriate?
5. Should we have any materials nearby? (e.g. Bible)
6. (Stemming from the previous) would sage be inappropriate to burn during the session?
7. Where would be the best place to do it? We were considering either the backyard or garage.

1. The safest thing you can do is never use one.
2. You should avoid all communication with spirits of the dead.
3. None
4. No.
5. Your own self respect and the thousands upon thousands of horror stories about ouija board use should be on hand to assist you in resisting the temptation to use the board.
6. That would be highly inappropriate. What's the point at all if you're summoning spirits and dispelling spirits at the same time?
7. There is no safe place to use it.

Not touting the party line here. My advice comes straight from personal experience. Do not dabble if you care about your life and the lives of those around you. Seriously.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There seems to be an overwhelming number of members here that caution strongly against using such devices. I think that says a lot!
IfI were the op, I would heed the advice given.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

If Ouji boards actually did anything paranormal, they wouldn't be sold in thousands of retail stores all over the place. My advice on how to use the board safely? Don't attempt to swallow any of the parts. Ask it whatever you want, as it won't matter. I suggest you ask it why it doesn't contact spirits like all the hoopla around it suggests. Don't worry about asking questions about the future, as it's a dumb game, and won't have any answers. A Bible is pointless to have around with or without a Ouji board, so no, don't worry about one of those. Don't worry about burning anything. The best place to Ouji is in Ouji's Mansion.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well if you have the Sight I don't know why you would need a Ouji board.
The board is merely a key, the problem is there is no control as to which door is opened.
But hey go ahead & play, even the dark cousins need to feed from time to time.

K~

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Don't mess with it. My cousin experimented with one in college. Her apartment had a dark entity that would be seen throughout the place, ever since she "made contact" through the board. This thing attached itself to my cousin and she experienced it at her next three residences. Horrible stories that ruined personal relationships and tested her sanity. She didn't find peace until enlisted the help of the priest. Well, three cleansing rituals later. Anyway, IMHO, I would avoid the board at all costs. Find something else to do. Playing with demons isn't cool.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Drain cleaner is sold every where as well is THAT dangerous?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You say you and a friend have experiences of 'spirit'. You say that your friend has a close relationship with three mediums and that she has done extensive research into the paranormal. You say your vision is fading due to school stress.

Your vision may be fading due to school stress but it may also be fading due to adulthood. You are a student and your friend has had enough time to have extensive research so I guessing you are early twenties. Maybe late teens.

In any case, my question to you is why. Why? You seem to feel that your 'ability is hindered for a specific reason, 'school stress'. I offer a thought that maybe it is due to your growing out of it. Where those experiences were integral to who you were and who you are now, they may not be needed in your future. Maybe your future will go on with out them. Who am I to say. Are you using it as an enhancement of your past abilities due to temporary psychic fatigue? Or maybe just as a lark.
What do you hope to find beyond what you already know? That's just about all that most people get from it. What you already know.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Im sorry if I sound impatient but does it really take a genius to figure it out?

two base energies. Positive Polarity and Negative Polarity. Realize your intent and mindstate will effect what comes of the experience. If you are aimlessly playing with the Ouiji board with no strong sense of positivity. Your opening the door to a lot of things you don't want.

If you MUST # with the ouiji board invoke the archangels carry only the intent of contacting loving beings...challenge all entities in the name of the One Infinite Creator or Christ...or Krishna or whatever highly positive force you want to use.

And if you start having scary paranormal things happen to you, please do us all a favor and give yourself a good smack in the face, because you asked for it.

It is possible to contact positive beings through the ouji board but you sound like a curious, un-polarized person with little to no sense of TRUE positivity in regard to divinity....so know that your weaknesses with be exploited and tested if you are unable to hold a high vibration throughout your time using it. Also, you do no you have to CLOSE the portal once you open it, right? When you come home at night, do you just leave your door wide open? no, you close it and lock it...

but please, just don't. practice meditation and learn to contact positive/divine beings who only want your best interest.
edit on 12/9/2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Since when are clean drains dangerous?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Do something toward good, friend...this is not it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Tips. You need more than just yourself to do it.

I don't know why everyone is so scared of these things. I think almost everyone has used one at some point, myself included. It never worked by myself, but it did (maybe) work with my sister and a friend. Nothing bad came of it.

It's too easy to fall into temptation and move it yourself to scare everyone. It's also easy to tell a story about this and that happened regardless of it being true or not. There also could be more at work than spirits, such as the subconscious mind at work.

Think about it. These have been mass produced since the early 1900s and are available in almost every major toy store. The ouiji board is popular and famous. Millions of these boards have been sold.

Do you believe every ghost story you hear? I think it's naive to believe some story you read or heard about from so and so.

That being said, I say give it a try. It might be fun for a half hour or so before you get bored, throw it in the closet and forget about it.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
How about some empirical evidence ouji boards do anything supernatural? Perhaps some controlled experiments? Like doing it blindfolded so the people operating it can't see the letters. Have someone there to mark letters for them. Better yet they can rotate the board around or something to further confuse the operator as to which end is where. If spirits are being contacted, blindfolds etc. shouldn't be an issue.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

When you swallow that ,there MIGHT be some issues AKA DANGEROUS.
edit on 28-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well in that sense yeah, it's dangerous.

Pillows are dangerous too. They can be used to smother people!

In all seriousness though. Don't you think if there was this medium that could actually contact the spirit world it would be studied and confirmed by scientists? And not sold as a toy in retail markets across the globe? Where is the evidence that shows it contacts spirits? Anecdotal evidence isn't proof. I know of people who have done some controlled experiments like the one I suggested above and the things don't work via spiritual influences.

edit on 5-28-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I already KNOW people who have hasodd situations as a result ,it was good enough for me not to tempt fate with things I could never hope to understand.
WAR I understood,pretty easy really once you're trainerd and if you don't flip out under fire.
Entities? Not so much.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join