It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bought an Island in Cambodia and Changed My Life (not me)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
First of all, whoever sold it to them I bet they didn't own it to begin with and 2nd of all who would insure it and 3rd of all why the heck would you want to buy an island so close to where a) earthquakes happen regularly, b) where other islands have recently popped up out of nowhere, c) anywhere in the vicinity of N.Korea or China or N. Vietnam? And it is a resort? Holy mackerel, who the heck and how the heck would anyone even want to go there for a vacation? Heck, a cruise ship could accidentally run over this puny little thing, not to mention a tsunami could burp and wash it away! At least they can take a tax write off on the loss.

Okay, I will say this $15,000 was not much to spend for it and it is really pretty from this picture, but still you would not get me within 1000 miles of this place with a free plane ticket and transportation thrown in to get to the island itself! How about you? You ready to take a canoe to this island or a ferry?

www.yahoo.com...

edit on 5 26 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OCD...obsessive cat disorder!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
$15,000 for an island is a pretty good deal though lol. That area is pretty crappy too, but thats why you...

Step 2. Hire henchmen

Step 3. Become official Bond villain
edit on CDTTue, 26 May 2015 19:49:57 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago26-05:00Tue, 26 May 2015 19:49:57 -050049 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

thought about posting this earlier

edit on CDTTue, 26 May 2015 19:50:50 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago26-05:00Tue, 26 May 2015 19:50:50 -050050 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

It looks perfect. Sign me up.

I probably have a much higher chance of being killed living in the states than on that little piece of paradise.

ETA: They have been there 10yrs and only planned on staying 1yr.
I think they liked it too. They don't seem in fear for their lives.

My husband and I moved to Cambodia in 2005 for a 12-month adventure and ended up staying 10 years.

As a designer, I have always been drawn to Southeast Asia, so we decided to take 12 months out and have an adventure, before taking on the bright lights of New York City. Ten years later, we haven’t moved to NYC…yet.

From OP's link.

edit on 5 26 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's the other side of the islands south of China you couldn't pay me to live in. Between piracy & kidnapping, thanks, but nope. Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, they're all earning a hard-earned reputation for being a lot safer than people realize. I personally wouldn't mind a year in any of them, if I had a choice for a single trip abroad in a lifetime.

And you really should think twice before snubbing one country because of one of it's neighbors. Just because the neighbor governments suck donkey nards doesn't mean the country itself blows. Everyone has crappy neighbors, ask Cuba

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
They'll probably soon be visited by pirates thank's to the article.

Damn second again I'm having a rough week.
edit on 26-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Like living in Detroit or Baltimore is any safer these days?

I bet the chance of death and destruction on any given day on this island is a lot lower than it is walking down a street in a major US city.

It looks beautiful and peaceful to me.

Really, you can't let your fear of things rule your life. There is risk in anything worth doing.

I'm all for people finding a beautiful little island, and spending the rest of their lives pretending that reality is actually paradise.

Good for them.

They're not missing much in the real world.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
We are all going to die. It seems logical to spend that time in a place that makes you happy.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
China will claim it and stick an airfield on it. I'd give the owned another two years.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Look boss! The plane, the plane!

top topics

join