It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sound heard in central Arkansas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thestillborn1

Well if its the next day, then have you ventured out to investigate what it could be?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, the cicadas are still as loud as ever, after the storms last night I thought they would be gone, but I expect them to quieten down in a few more days. there are millions of them up in our oak trees right now and they are making a heck of a racket. If I were paranoid, I might think it was some kind of a conspiracy.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Enjoy the video everyone and don't listen to the rhetoric.

.........another 2nd line!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lzix22

Hey, maybe those cicada bugs are responsible for the recent/tragic floods in texas. Just thought i'd throw my two cents in.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lzix22

You know, because of all the whirring and the sound waves just created a crazy storm.
edit on 27-5-2015 by tenis because: edit

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thestillborn1

I think its best to thoroughly investigate and separate the bug created noise from the unknown one. Someone should get in their car and drive with a laptop with some kind of audio volume measuring program on hooked to a powerful A grade microphone and drive in the direction producing a louder volume to pinpoint the exact location its coming from. If at the end of ur journey you find bugs in a tree, then there's your answer. If not then just keep going.
edit on 27-5-2015 by tenis because: edit

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
i think its a combo of infrasound and acoustic gravity waves, ive read the wikipedia of how infrasound can be brought to audable levels by applying pressure waves

Thats what I think these strange sky noises being reported all over the world are but for the acoustic gravity waves to become audible there needs to be a significant energy source, which for this would be the sun. But, also, earthquakes might do it. So, what earthquakes in this region would be causing these noises? What other energy source could there be?

Here's what a Russian geophysicist Professor Elchin Khalilov said about it:

We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.

edit on 28-5-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think it's either birds or insects. Drilling is also a strong possibility.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join