It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Country Will be 1st to go Underwater Due to Climate Change?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is a good chance that a vast amount of human history is all under water anyways, nothing really new.

Here is what a little over 20 feet would look like there, but to get that kind of rise all the ice in Greenland will need to melt.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter They will! just as soon as late fall arrives, and they can find a way to rip off money and run your life with it, claiming they saved us all.....

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
Which will be first?
The Marshall Islands,where approx 68 thousand people live on a group of islands only 2 meters above sea level.

The threat is very real to them.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Lets just build water proof buildings with entryways at the top. Problem solved.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I live on the beach, the water here has not risen at all, shouldn't I be seeing rising sea levels?
For water find it's own level? If this was true I should be able to see it here shouldn't i?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
with global warmings current prediction success rate
I wouldn't be concerned untill the question is:
what WAS the first county to....

credit on siggy thread

i bought ice skates this year to use on the great lakes after 40 years of no hockey on the bay
and i got to use them way more then forcast by some folks
edit on Monpm5b20155America/Chicago29 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monpm5b20155America/Chicago53 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monpm5b20155America/Chicago14 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

For water find it's own level? If this was true I should be able to see it here shouldn't i?

No. There is no such thing as one sea level. There are a variety of things which affect it locally, as well as how much and how fast it can change.

oceanservice.noaa.gov...
edit on 5/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: muSSang

No. There is no such thing as one sea level. There are a variety of things which affect it locally, as well as how much and how fast it can change.

oceanservice.noaa.gov...

Couldn't have said it better myself, Phage. Sea level rise isn't uniform.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The Maldives a nations of islands between India and Africa is the most in danger. Its highest point is 2.4 meters above water. As expected Maldives has been pushing hard to get the world to deal with climate change. They have begun setting up a fund to by land in Australia to move the entire population there. The island nations of Kiribati and Tuvalu have also started working to do the same thing. Kiribati has already evacuated a some out lying islands

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am about 15 feet above sea level where I live in Florida.

I will make sure to have plenty of "floaties" just in case.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig
You'll want to be concerned about your drinking water supply more so. That will be affected long before you have to worry about that 15 feet.

www.marketplace.org...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
NONE!!!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The Maldives a nations of islands between India and Africa is the most in danger. Its highest point is 2.4 meters above water. As expected Maldives has been pushing hard to get the world to deal with climate change. They have begun setting up a fund to by land in Australia to move the entire population there. The island nations of Kiribati and Tuvalu have also started working to do the same thing. Kiribati has already evacuated a some out lying islands

in a stable world... the Maldives might always remain 2.4 meters above sea level---> even IF the elastic seafloor did not sink toward the core as ice melted and made more weight on the ocean bottom...

recall that the EQs in Tibet had the slip fault move 10' downward !
If that action took place at the base of the Maldives, the water would not have risen to submerge the country and 'climate' would be a non factor in the island nation being forever inundated and underwater... so EQs. plate tectonics are real and active threats to Earth geography.... but the theoretical global-warming/climate change boogy-men are just hype !

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
Been hearing this mantra since the 70's. Hasn't happened yet.

Why is it always so hard to just read what's actually being said in these threads?

The article in the OP very clearly points out in the 1st paragraph this could happen by 2085. But that thing that's supposed to happen in 2085 hasn't happened yet, therefore nothing to see here, right? ...damn alarmists.

Meanwhile, the evidence continues to point to the fact that IPCC predictions have actually underestimated the problem:

Sea level rise accelerating faster than thought

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
wherever it happens i'd prefer to drown in it rather than try to survive it. For those who wish to survive, i'd suggest some type of saline pump. If you own a cat they can drink sea water without dying from it. Little tidbit for cat lovers.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

originally posted by: MrSpad

in a stable world... the Maldives might always remain 2.4 meters above sea level---> even IF the elastic seafloor did not sink toward the core as ice melted and made more weight on the ocean bottom...

recall that the EQs in Tibet had the slip fault move 10' downward !
If that action took place at the base of the Maldives, the water would not have risen to submerge the country and 'climate' would be a non factor in the island nation being forever inundated and underwater... so EQs. plate tectonics are real and active threats to Earth geography.... but the theoretical global-warming/climate change boogy-men are just hype !

You are welcome to your opinion. Some people think the Earth is flat. Science however tells us different. Climate change is so accepted that most nations on Earth even use it as a part of strategic planning. What weapons systems to build or buy, where forces should redeployed etc. I guess they just fell for the hype as well.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Don't feel bad...blame the blasted damn keyboard, that's what I do.

Vienna is probably one of the most beautiful cities in the entire world; if you like fantastic architecture, art, tree lined boulevards, great food and some of the best music ever produced, you'll love Vienna.

Actually....if Vienna goes under...there wouldn't be much left to live for anyway.

Aw how romantic. And I am craving pastry.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Sea levels are definitely rising, I didn't believe that until about 10 years ago when I seen pictures from a local beach taken around 30 years ago. I was amazed at how far out the tide actually went, and could see from grass that it didn't come in as far as it does today.

I do think climate change is happening, and it is an ongoing process, but I also think it is natural with little influence from man.

I reckon quite a lot of the UK will be OK as there is quite a lot of it that seems to be high above sea level. I'm in a coastal town, and we are still 20m/65ft above sea level.

edit on 26/5/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I reckon quite a lot of the UK will be OK as there as quite a lot of it seems to be high above sea level. I'm in a coastal town, and we are still 20m/65ft above sea level.

Ever think about where those who may not be "OK" will go? What's been happening in the Med for political reasons is small potatoes in comparison.

edit on 5/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

East Anglia will all go I would imagine,and the southern half of Kent which was only reclaimed from the sea about 500 years ago would be back under water again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join