It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anti Sharia Law' Measure Passes Texas Senate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I would say generally it is enough, in this special cirumcustance where the people who practice such law generally want to cut your head off invade, and destroy. They should be targeted they should be discriminated against there should be a standing against these specific actions and naming of who's perpetrating them.

I know I know, lets look at America and say America does all the above, no it doesn't.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: quercusrex

You aren't understanding. County Courts of course have legal standing. These other 'courts' that you are talking about, do not... religious bodies used within a religious community for members to use a way of settling matters that they want religious perspective on... will never stand as Legal decisions.

The only courts I'm talking about ARE county and state courts. Did you read the article?

edit on 22-5-2015 by quercusrex because: spelling

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

they just shot two people for shoplifting beer in a nearby state
thats a step up from loosing a hand

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't know of any state in the U.S. that currently allows international law (much less religious law) to supersede it's own laws.

What is the point of this legislation again? Oh. Right. Pandering.

Ooo but this is fun, think about this. If Texas officially has this law on the books, that means that they HAVE to allow marriage equality, as the banning of gays getting married is based entirely on religious law.

Neat.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

I don't disagree some bull# needs to be reighned in at home. That's not what I'm talking about

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You referred to the Rabbinical and Amish 'courts' mentioned in the article... I am clarifying for you what that means because you don't appear to fully understand it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Damwel, this is not a bad thing this religious group and it's strict tengents, are a threat to you. They should be openly pushed back against, told if they want to practice , practice behind closed doors you are our enemy,and your sharia law is the law of extremists ! Proud to be from the great state of Texas we are always willing to show our middle finger in spite of the pc bull#, and you'd be surprised Texas as a whole is politcaly conservative but socially rather liberal , a beautiful balanced and outstanding state. Glad someone is standing up to these idiots and telling them you ain't practicing that bull # here. We are the law of the land not your bull#.

I don't care what kind of liberal extremist arguments anyone can come up with here. I really don't buy into the two party system but I'm also not gonna buy the hate America blaim America camp that's fortified on ATS. Look sharia law is an extremist doctrine it totally is against our law, furthermor these people want to cut our heads off. screw them and the horse they rode in on.we oughta supply tickets to Syria for anyone combating Texas stance.

Before im misconstrued as speaking about all Muslims I'm not. I'm speaking about extremism and the implementation of an institution that is extreme.

Furthermore even though the law of the land exists , and it moot we should still make it point, to say you aren't practicing that here and we are the enemy's of sharia law.

What you said

This law is needed imho. Have y'all been to Houston lately? I'm sick of seeing all the lone shoes in the parking lots from their evening fights and the ME markets, open air, kinda like a flea market, you'd think you're in the ME.

Also Dallas isn't doing so great either. I consider this pre-emptive.

STM

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

yeah good point - I'm not completely disagreeing with you
its just that imho there are bigger fish to worry about that are a much more dangerous and immediate threat

cops out kill terrorists ( usually construed as followers of sharia law ) by far
also
the white man arrvied here to practice legal and religious freedom and killed a lot of native locals to force (deny the same right) that on them too
turnaround is not fair play?
edit on Friam5b20155America/Chicago03 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Good point but it's still a loss for Muslims as it nullifies religious arbitration that many seek prior to going before a judge.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

being from a broken home i can say mutual agreement or arbitration is preferable to the courts deciding
but the courts and lawyers and everyone else makes a living off things going to court

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Was religious arbitration legally binding? If so, then I agree with the law. No religious proceedings, laws, or resolution should be legally binding.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The sad thing is there are people who believe this "they are coming to get you" #pucky. There is no such thing as sharia in the U.S. I'll say it again, it's illegal to impose your own law. No act of the legislature is needed. It's fake. It's Fox News type of crap.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If a state passed a law against Christian/church arbitration people would be cheering it.

Just sayin'.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I do understand, but I appreciate your attempt. Rabbinical law is considered by judges when they are ruling on civil court matters between two Hassidic claimants. The judges will often rule with consideration to these laws as long as they do not conflict with state and federal laws.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

edit on 22-5-2015 by quercusrex because: syntax

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If it's a civil case both parties can agree to a mediation or arbitration. Like on Judge Judy. It's a contract. That is what people are trying to equate to imposing religious law.

link   

originally posted by: beezzer
If a state passed a law against Christian/church arbitration people would be cheering it.

Just sayin'.
But this is precisely what Texas did. They passed a law against religious arbitration, from what I'm heard, not just Sharia or Hassidic law, all religious law.

This naturally extends to Christianity as well.
edit on 22-5-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I would say generally it is enough, in this special cirumcustance where the people who practice such law generally want to cut your head off invade, and destroy. They should be targeted they should be discriminated against there should be a standing against these specific actions and naming of who's perpetrating them.

I know I know, lets look at America and say America does all the above, no it doesn't.

What a load of BS. Christians and Jews commit more acts of terrorism in America than Muslims so why aren't they discriminated against why aren't they targeted? If you are going to paint everyone in the religion with the same brush because of what small portion of the religion does then you should do it to all religions. All of your reasons are based on nothing but the islamophobic crap you have been fed.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

You ain't gonna listen to what I say, I'm not going to repeat my self. Whatever man

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I knew this was coming, deny reality. Let me know how that works for you.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Oh yeah poor poor Christians. What horse poop. These "Christians" have elected so many insane people to government. They are hardly oppressed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join