It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anti Sharia Law' Measure Passes Texas Senate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: grandmakdw

Yes, let's throw the baby out with the bath water.

I can't even begin to comprehend why you think such laws are exclusively Christian or even Religious.

They are proscribed in the Bible, and the laws regarding these things came directly from the Christian religion in the US. They were used as the basis of these laws. Disgusting, right?

The person I was responding to said that the Christian right took over the US with their awful Christian laws based on the Bible. So I listed a bunch of the laws based on the Bible of the Christian right, and their obvious take over of the laws of the US.

(there really needs to be a emoticon for sarcasm)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
Cant believe you libs are running from Separation of Church and State.
Good for Texas.

Can't believe you cons are praising the passing of laws that don't need to be passed. Our Constitution already guarantees that sharia law could never make a foot hold but we are wasting time and money with this bill..

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: quercusrex

Damwel, this is not a bad thing this religious group and it's strict tengents, are a threat to you. They should be openly pushed back against, told if they want to practice , practice behind closed doors you are our enemy,and your sharia law is the law of extremists ! Proud to be from the great state of Texas we are always willing to show our middle finger in spite of the pc bull#, and you'd be surprised Texas as a whole is politcaly conservative but socially rather liberal , a beautiful balanced and outstanding state. Glad someone is standing up to these idiots and telling them you ain't practicing that bull # here. We are the law of the land not your bull#.

I don't care what kind of liberal extremist arguments anyone can come up with here. I really don't buy into the two party system but I'm also not gonna buy the hate America blaim America camp that's fortified on ATS. Look sharia law is an extremist doctrine it totally is against our law, furthermor these people want to cut our heads off. screw them and the horse they rode in on.we oughta supply tickets to Syria for anyone combating Texas stance.

Before im misconstrued as speaking about all Muslims I'm not. I'm speaking about extremism and the implementation of an institution that is extreme.

Furthermore even though the law of the land exists , and it moot we should still make it point, to say you aren't practicing that here and we are the enemy's of sharia law.
:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's so funny to read how many people think sharia law is just days away from being implemented.

In the land of the free and small gov and freedom of religion, we want to legislate how peoe take care of things outside a court of law.

And the libs are getting called the hypocrites here.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I think it has more to do with the influx of "immigrants" coming over the borderrather than a large number of Texans marrying foreigners.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: amberinsc

Bingo.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: phyllida

Thank you, I'm familiar with the roll Sharia law forces women to play in other societies. My sole point in this thread is that Sharia Law is not/will not occur in the United States.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Texas is socially liberal?

I don't think you get to count Austin as how all of Texas acts..

I won't buy into any Consvative extremist bull crap that is telling me sharia law is taking over this nation.

Did you even read the article and what it pertains to?
Can you show an example of how this is a problem that needed a bill passed to resolve?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: phyllida

Thank you, I'm familiar with the roll Sharia law forces women to play in other societies. My sole point in this thread is that Sharia Law is not/will not occur in the United States.

And we'll never have "free speech zones" and laws will never be passed that limit 2nd Amendment rights.

Because those would be unconstitutional.

Right?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
In the land of the free and small gov and freedom of religion, we want to legislate how peoe take care of things outside a court of law.

This bill is actually about how it is taken care of in a court of law. Feel free to read the article and follow along with previous posts. Thank you.
edit on 22-5-2015 by quercusrex because: spelling

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

i actually think that this should be a federal law. legislation within the us is decided by the us and its members.

State Sen. Donna Campbell (R-New Braunfels) doesn't mention Islamic Koranic law, or 'Sharia Law' in her bill. She simply says it guarantees that no laws fro 'foreign courts' will be adopted by Texas civil court judges.

see? islam is not singled out in any way. this bill covers ALL international laws regardless of color, creed, or nationality. i would say thats pretty fair. as opposed to exclusively permitting judaic or abrahamic-based interference from international agencies.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I knew this was coming, deny reality. Let me know how that works for you.

If anyone is denying reality it's you. It has been pointed out to you numerous times that Sharia law cannot take over America and still you continue on with your delusion.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

...and who allowed these things to occur?

Anti-Sharia laws? Oooh, we is saved.

Anti-gun laws? Ooooh, those bastards.

Anti-whatever laws. Depends on the perspective, doesn't it?

I happen to think this is non sense, and is a result of fearing something that is no threat.

We agree to disagree.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Not just Austin,bastrop, GAA obviously many parts of Dallas Houston.. Regardless

I have stated my position what's with the liberal comprehension in this thread?

One more time to clarify, IF THE LAW IS MOOT,(which it is, practically but not moot in ideals) then it still has merit if not just to send a clear message to this group of people. We don't practice sharia law! And will not allow it here under and circumstances! Do you understand?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Reading comprehension.for Christ's sake have mercy on you people.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Just because something is unconstitutional doesn't mean that the Constitution will protect us.

I think most laws are redundant and silly, personally.

But left to their own devices, politicians would have had the Constitution and Bill of Rights lining a bird cage decades ago.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: seagull

Just because something is unconstitutional doesn't mean that the Constitution will protect us.

I think most laws are redundant and silly, personally.

But left to their own devices, politicians would have had the Constitution and Bill of Rights lining a bird cage decades ago.

this is a good moment to post that clip of rob cordry wiping his bum with the bill of rights.

but i suspect that would upset some authorities.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: beezzer

I happen to think this is non sense, and is a result of fearing something that is no threat.

The icing on the cake here is that this bill was authored by a politico from a small, but very rapidly growing and economically vibrant, central Texas town on the corridor between San Antonio and Austin with virtually no Muslim presence. She's building herself a resume, methinks.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

You know, from what I've read, in the UK, they've allowed Muslims to set up Sharia Law courts to adjudicate family law matters and their rulings have the force of law but only as to parties that willingly agree to take their matters to the Sharia Law courts. My argument is...why not? Who really cares what they do as between themselves. If they want to invoke Sharia between themselves in civil matters, let them have at it!

And as to Sharia Law for Criminal cases but only as applicable to Muslims found to have violated Sharia law? Again, why not? In fact, it would be quite entertaining. I can see that playing out as the ultimate reality TV show complete with beheadings and stoning pits. Talk about high ratings!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yes I understand your 'point' doesn't make it any less hypocritical.

From the land of small gov and not passing laws to dictate how people live we have them passing a law that does not need to be passed.
The message is already clear, you can't practice foreign law in our nation in the courts.

What happened to letting people take care of things the way they want outside of the courts?
That is what this goes after!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join