It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While In A Womb A Baby Is Only An Appendage.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
While In A Womb A Baby Is Only An Appendage.

Recently, for the second time, I have had the displeasure of finding out that my step-daughter is pregnant with the sperm of a useless moron. While I am Not the one that will directly raise this child if and when the time comes that she gives birth, I will be forced to deal with the consequences of her actions once again. Of course, I will Not blame the child and I will do everything I can to be a positive influence, the fact remains she has no business allowing this to happen.

Not until an appendage is actually born does it have a sustainable life force to live on its own. Until that actual moment when a soul enters the body the appendage is only able to live with the energy and sustenance of the host body.

Does this change what abortion is morally? No. But to limit a woman's right to make that choice is wrong. There are way to many instances where women are forced to accept circumstances beyond their control(or make stupid decisions) and follow through on births that are unwanted.

This creates many different situations that force others to adjust. You say what happens to that unborn child if it is aborted? A soul does not enter until that birth occurs, so all that happens is that soul will go to a different body and will still live the life it is supposed to live.

Bringing an unwanted pregnancy to fruition because of "peer pressure" or religious upbringing is NOT fair to the soul that will inhabit that body.
Morally, the answer is still the same either way. This is not to say that a soul can not overcome those circumstances and in fact learn valuable lessons as a result, but the host body, the Mother, has to overcome many obstacles as well.

She may have had a night of drinking and a one night stand produced the result, does she have a moral obligation to carry this to term? Or does she have a moral obligation to not add insult to injury by forcing that appendage to become a baby with a soul, forcing it to live out unfavorable circumstances?

This is just one set of circumstances, but ultimately, the reason to bring a child into this world for most, besides procreation itself, is to have a loving family with a Mother and Father that want the child. I know there are many that have been adopted and are certainly grateful, but those same souls would have been born one way or another under much more favorable circumstances if given the chance to do so.

I think we as a society have created monsters out of children that were forced to be here against their own will simply to satisfy a "notion" that after a certain time of gestation an appendage becomes a life. It does not become a life until it has a soul and does not have a soul until it can live without the host body.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Was she forced to allow the sperm into her body?

At what point does your daughter begin to bear some responsibility for her choices? You are more or less saying the child should bear the brunt of your daughter's poor decision making skills. You are right that the child shouldn't be here, but at the same time, there are plenty of valid agencies who would happily work with her to match her child with a couple who would like a child and perhaps can't have one.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I find the idea of abortion to be morally reprehensible, but I also don't believe in inflicting my beliefs on others. I support her right to make a 'choice' to kill her baby, but I don't have to like her decision.

One final note...my support for abortion ends after the 1st trimester. Killing a baby at 5 months or beyond is simply sick.
edit on 2015/5/21 by Metallicus because: fix

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Unborn babies see dreams at 17 weeks forward.. so calling them as An Appendage is quite insulting actually.

Instead of moralizing here why don´t you try to help her out and maybe eduacate what unborn are really. There are a lot of material in internet, videos which shows what is fetal alcohol syndrome and what it does to babies.

How do you cope with your step daughter ? Are you in good terms ?

I have had the displeasure of finding out that my step-daughter is pregnant with the sperm of a useless moron

Of course, I will Not blame the child and I will do everything I can to be a positive influence, the fact remains she has no business allowing this to happen.

I find your Op quite dishonoring, disgusting and i am GLAD you are not my step mother !!!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Aw, man... I'm sorry to hear this. Poor you and poor her! The same step-daughter pregnant twice? How about helping her out with some birth control?

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
She may have had a night of drinking and a one night stand produced the result, does she have a moral obligation to carry this to term?

No one can answer that but her. My opinion is absolutely not. There is no moral obligation to have to live with the consequences of a mistake if you have another choice... And she does. It all depends on how she feels about it, though.

Or does she have a moral obligation to not add insult to injury by forcing that appendage to become a baby with a soul, forcing it to live out unfavorable circumstances?

My opinion is yes. There are too many unwanted kids in the world now.

I really feel bad for you both, though. How's your wife (or husband) doing with it?

And you had to know you were going to hear sermons from the unsympathetic, shaming crowd, right?
edit on 5/21/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You do know you can have her tubes tied off (not cut) and later when she is ready to become a mom they can be untied?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I find your Op quite dishonoring, disgusting and i am GLAD you are not my step mother !!!

the amount of times i've edited this from my posts.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Perhaps SHE could have her tubes tied, if she chose to. It's not exactly the best option for a young woman.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ummm...I hardly find your screen name and signature line to have any sort of compatibility with what you just posted...

How do you square in your conscience such a dichotomy...?

I hope you can see where I'm coming from and the possible need to meditate on what it really means to be spiritual...and in balance...

YouSir
edit on 21-5-2015 by YouSir because: ...just because...

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I'll adopt the child.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'll start off by saying that I would never want abortion to be illegal, because I truly think it's better for society as a whole if it remains available for everyone that wants it. Having a child when you aren't ready is something that can really change a life for the worse, and that can have effects that echo down the generations to come in a negative way. Unwanted, neglected, and abused children often grow up to be less than great adults. Parents who can't support a child can turn to extreme and illegal means to put food on the table. People have to move into cheaper areas due to child related costs and put the child in an environment that contributes to problems as an adult.

Adoption and foster care are options, but we all know those systems can seriously damage children as well. Then there is the issue of underground/at home abortions causing injury to the baby and/or the mother. What I'm trying to say is I support the availability of abortion.

But what I don't like is the down-playing of what I see as killing a living being. Justified/necessary killing? Sure. But still killing. Abortion is still a get out of jail ticket for someone who screwed up. It's like bankruptcy. Nobody is going to go around saying how they shouldn't be ashamed to declare bankruptcy and how it doesn't mean anything bad about them. It does. It means you screwed up. If you were being responsible you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. The lack of responsibility is what I think upsets a lot of people on the issue.

Trying to say a baby in the womb is nothing but an appendage is a pretty dark direction to take things. A premature baby is no different than a baby in the womb at the same age. The premature baby requires technology that replicates the womb because otherwise it would die. By your definition premature babies are just severed appendages. That means they have no rights, no legal protections, you are telling me a premature baby sitting there is legally/morally no different than severed mole or a removed tumor? Are you comfortable with babies lacking such protections? What if someone kidnaps or abuses/hurts someone's severed appendage?

The act of growing new life is definitely amazing, but the umbilical chord isn't magic. The simple act of snipping with scissors does not imbue a lump of flesh with life and person hood. To think that one second something is an appendage and the next second is a living human life doesn't compute. Is it the scissors that are special? If you use different scissors to snip the cord does the appendage never develop into a human life and just remain a severed appendage?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I fully agree with you because I had two abortions during a very dark time of my life where I had PTSD. I truly feel I had no other choice... yeah, yeah adoption... but no to that because I was drinking a lot and swamped in stress.

I work with a man now who has fetal alcohol syndrome and I am glad I had an abortion. Truly. Because the handicapped man is utterly tortured by his condition. I feel his mother was fundamentally wrong to bring him to term. Perhaps life makes amends on its own and I get to work with such people because of my decisions but in the end, I am glad I did what I did. You are all free to hate me, but I see the damage on a daily basis and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Not a fan of late term abortion though, and if everyone cut the moralizing out, maybe women could come to a decision quicker.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Was she forced to allow the sperm into her body?

At what point does your daughter begin to bear some responsibility for her choices? You are more or less saying the child should bear the brunt of your daughter's poor decision making skills. You are right that the child shouldn't be here, but at the same time, there are plenty of valid agencies who would happily work with her to match her child with a couple who would like a child and perhaps can't have one.

Look, you and I agree that abortion has no place in my life. I cannot agree more. Now...we likely disagree on the whole "pro choice" stance...but lets focus on where we agree here for this discussion.

With that said, I have to point out how big a fallacy it is to suggest adoption as an alternative to abortion i that way. Like i said...i can't disagree that abortion is wrong. And its likely better to have a foster system to deal with "unwanted" children (god, I hate that term).

But foster care and being a ward of the state....sucks. Very rarely does a child get adopted into their own happy ending. In fact, foster care may do quite a bit to feed crime and erode social foundations.

It really is the proverbial rock and hard place. There is no happy ending, regardless of if its abortion or adoption. Given the envrionmet in many urban areas, you may only be extending that life by a few years.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I find the idea of abortion to be morally reprehensible, but I also don't believe in inflicting my beliefs on others. I support her right to make a 'choice' to kill her baby, but I don't have to like her decision.

One final note...my support for abortion ends after the 1st trimester. Killing a baby at 5 months or beyond is simply sick.

Agree with this. First trimester cut off.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'll adopt the child.

That is one hell of a thing to say my friend!!!!!!!

Good on you beez, I always liked you but damnit man, I wanna give you a hug right now!!!!!!!

No really, come here you little furry bastard!!!!

Stop hoping around!!!
edit on 21-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Thanks.

Will wait to see what the OP thinks (versus an abortion).

OP?

PM me if you are interested.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Considering my husband was adopted into a good family, and I have two nephews who are adopted into a good family. My husband's best friend has two adopted sons with his one natural child, and the two of us have talked about adopting one to go with our natural ...

No, no one ever gets adopted happily.

Of course, if the state had less red tape on it, it might be easier to do, too. My parents seriously considered it after my sister and I moved out, but given their age, they wouldn't have even qualified for an older child which is what they were thinking of adopting.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: beezzer

I'll adopt the child.

That is one hell of a thing to say my friend!!!!!!!

Good on you beez, I always liked you but damnit man, I wanna give you a hug right now!!!!!!!

No really, come here you little furry bastard!!!!

Stop hoping around!!!

lolz

You can help change diapers.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beezzer you have a furry heart of gold, but i believe you are asking from the wrong person.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nonsense. Basically you've leased your womb to another person for nine months, just like you would lease a room in your house. You did it. You caused or allowed it to happen. Don't pretend you didn't know. That doesn't give you eviction rights, nor does it give you the right to kill the tenant. After that nine months is up, you can certainly waive all rights to that human being and give him or her up to adoption, but you don't have the right to kill him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join