It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality and Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am someone who seeks peace with other people. Sometimes I get annoyed but at the end of the day I want good interactions with people. I seek to grow spiritually. I seek to love. But lately I've been considering the future...what is to come..I know I am not the only one who can feel it...

I have been considering buying a gun for protection and hunting. I have only the best intentions but I am aware this is a big decision. I have never owned a gun...but I was considering what life would be like without grocery stores...rioting...chaos...basically what I expect to see in the not-to-distant future. Its easy for me to say now. I don't need a gun...I have food I have shelter...Im good. And Im still on the fence about it...but I was wondering if anyone has had the desire to get one lately, like I have..as a backup measure

Im not the kind of guy to want to keep it loaded and pull it out at every suspicious noise I hear. I don't want to harm anyone. I don't want to harm animals either..

But I don't want to starve. And I consider there will be a time where grocery stores will be barren. I consider there will be a time when you either go rouge or go with the system, possibly never leaving that system. The system will keep you safe during the hard times, but it will also make you a slave. How does one feed themselves without land or a grocery store?

So I thought hunting. I don't like the idea of owning a gun...but something within me is telling me that in the not too distant future (could be years) the united states will be a very different place.

I have no desire to cling to physical life as I know there is life beyond...yet I don't want to just "give in" to whatever is to come. I am genuiunely on the fence right now....I know a gun wont save me from my fate...which has yet to be determined...but can it help?

Am I forsaking my trust in the Universe? My love for others? animals included. I seek only betterment of myself and those around me. Am I disillusioned in thinking a gun will help? Am I forsaking my spirituality?

thoughts?

please no arguing....

Love,

Your neighbor
edit on 12/9/2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
A gun is just a tool like many others,a machine that expels energy,that is all it is.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Zen and the art of firearm maintenance.

It's a thing.

Om.
edit on 5/19/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
A gun is just a tool like many others,a machine that expels energy,that is all it is.

Yep. And who has just one tool?

OP: You'll need several types for adequate self defense. You'll need several types to take different types of game.

Then ... you'll need lots and lots and lots and lots of bullets for every gun you buy so you can become an expert marksman with each.

Welcome to the club!!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ZacharyW

I have never owned a gun

When I hear that statement I always give the same advice. Before you buy a gun learn to use one, take lessons if need be.

If you don't you might end up shooting yourself in your foot.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

If you don't you might end up shooting yourself in your foot.

It could be worse.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Then ... you'll need lots and lots and lots and lots of bullets for every gun you buy so you can become an expert marksman with each.

There's one thing people overlook. That is the fact that ammunition will be in short supply after a couple years. That is the exact reason I backed up all my " tools" with black powder versions.

When the bullets start to run dry I'll be making ball, powder and cap.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ouch!!!!!

That hurts thinking about what you just implied.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
It's happened.

Whatever it is you think I implied.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Sunwolf

Yep. And who has just one tool?

OP: You'll need several types for adequate self defense. You'll need several types to take different types of game.

Welcome to the club!!

The OP asked about 1 gun for protection. Don't push him to being a 1 man army. Someone, please advize on 1 good gun for personal protection and a reasonable amount of matching ammunition and how long/often he should go to a shooting range for practice.

Is that too much to ask? This is why we can't have nice things.
edit on 19-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Someone, please advize on 1 good gun for personal protection and a reasonable amount of matching ammunition and how long/often hen should go to a shooting range for practice.

That is not what he asked.
He was asking for validation.

edit on 5/19/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Someone, please advize on 1 good gun for personal protection and a reasonable amount of matching ammunition and how long/often hen should go to a shooting range for practice.

That is not what he asked.
He was asking for validation.
He said he considered buying A gun. As in 1 gun. He also said he didn't want to starve, so that could be a hunting rifle. I know nothing about guns. He seemed to be looking for what to buy in case of riot/aapocalypse/runaway Phage (lol).

He did also seem to be on the fence about it at all. But none of the answers were too helpful.
edit on 19-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
WWJD
What would our spiritual leaders do? Like jesus and The Buddha do, is probably a good place to start. If you really were spiritual, then getting shot would just be a fast track to the after life where everything is blissful and nothing to fear.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Ok.
Got for it dude! Buy a gun. A bigun!

Or.
No man, don't buy a gun. Guns are bad, dude.

There you go. Both sides in one easy piece.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
WWJD
What would our spiritual leaders do? Like jesus and The Buddha do, is probably a good place to start. If you really were spiritual, then getting shot would just be a fast track to the after life where everything is blissful and nothing to fear.
Are you insane? Are you the daily troll I was just not told about? WWJD? He would tell you to go and sit in a corner. and please be quiet.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Ok.
Got for it dude! Buy a gun. A bigun!

Or.
No man, don't buy a gun. Guns are bad, dude.

There you go. Both sides in one easy piece.

You are in the mood of posting just anything that seems to match yet says nothing. Different from your grumpy mood.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

You are in the mood of posting just anything that seems to match yet says nothing.

The OP asked for specific advice.
I provided two answers to his request. Can you provide another?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra would jesus feel the need to be tooled up to the max in today's climate?

If someone wants to be spiritual, the greatest weapon is not fearing death. Then no matter how the worlds future turns out you'll always have nothing to fear.
edit on 19-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The OP asked about 1 gun for protection. Don't push him to being a 1 man army. Someone, please advize on 1 good gun for personal protection and a reasonable amount of matching ammunition and how long/often he should go to a shooting range for practice.

Is that too much to ask? This is why we can't have nice things.

Yes. I don't know what he 'wants' it for.

For you, however, I recommend starting with
You can work your way around from there.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
WWJD

I believe he would let himself be murdered.

I don't recommend following his example in this case.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join