It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever you do do not vote this man for president.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

The TPP is a scary thing, a lot of it classified. If he still feels this way today, we should know.

Primer on the TPP TPP For those who do not know.
edit on 18-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I don't believe he abandoned his father. Most of his beliefs mimic his fathers. If you don't think his father knew he couldn't win the election? I would think that you have a very low opinion of Ron Paul.

I believe privately his father condone the Move, because his father also knew how to play with the big boys and politics is not a short game it is a long game.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It is on point, hes asking what father would let their son/daughter go out out and destroy other people's property. What father lets his son get arrested for drink driving 3 times?

If he's going to criticise other people's families, his is open slather too.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Obamas used executive decision why not Rand paul?

Now answer my question.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It is on point, hes asking what father would let their son/daughter go out out and destroy other people's property. What father lets his son get arrested for drink driving 3 times?

If he's going to criticise other people's families, his is open slather too.
His son is an adult. You cannot control the behavior of an alcoholic, no matter how hard you try. It is is until they hit bottom or until they die. Rand asked a dumbazz question. How do you control your teens or your kids completely, without tying them up? You don' t. You try to teach them well. His dumbazz question is not policy. I am sure he got hit hard for that question.
edit on 18-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Sremmos80

Obamas used executive decision why not Rand paul?

Now answer my question.
Every President has used executive powers. Some many more than Obama. That is a non-issue.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

If you've done your research like you claim you have, then you've seen whatever I can provide, and it won't matter, you've placed the guy on a pedestal, so any rational thought is outbthe window anyway.

The point im trying to make is that they're all the same.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

His death stopped nothing.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse This is incredibly off track. People are picking at needles in a haystack. Rand Paul is a popular candidate for Libertarians and progressives. I don't need to see negative picked off parts that almost any politician has done. I would like to know more about this guy. The only thing I see wrong is his statements about the TPP, which is serious. As a pseudo -liberterian, of course he would make anti- big government/big brother statements. What is he saying that he wants otherwise? I would like to see strong women's rights, productive rights, workers rights, normal immigration rights that make sense. Someone that will not try to tear apart a good starting national healthcare. Is he the guy I am looking for?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Exactly!

2nd

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Could we actually tell if a person was a politician here on ATS if he constantly switched the subject when questioned on a subject? Or if the person said things that could never be true just to gain popularity.

Gee, we might have a lot of congressmen here.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Nope I approach everything with the A open mind. So please supply your information I could change my mind on that position. But keep in mind if I change my opinion on that position it does not mean I will base my opinion on the whole man my one decision.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse You need some rest, lol.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well said.

I touched on that in one of my first replies on this thread. Many people joyfully pick apart any candidate presented. They never have anything positive to add to a political thread. They tend to show up in every political thread and regurgitate the same hopelessness endlessly but never offer any solutions.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse My housemate likes Rand Paul, a lot. I have seen Rand Paul say some really * odd things. But, as I said before, they have advisors and the flip flopping may not be their own, at times. I am gonna look at him again and if he changed anything I didn't like. We have little choice. The rest of the repubs are a * mess and no one wants Hillary. Some ppl on here say they like Bernie Sanders, he might be a great guy...but I don't like completely throwing my vote away. And I volunteered for Obama on the phones, both times. And I am good, since I was put on florida age 60-85 both times. So If I go in on Paul, I am going to need to research.

T Y Greathouse

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

My cynicism stems from too many broken promises, too many lies.

I've about had it with politicians.

If Diogenes couldn't find an honest man, what are our chances?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Grimpachi

I don't believe he abandoned his father. Most of his beliefs mimic his fathers. If you don't think his father knew he couldn't win the election? I would think that you have a very low opinion of Ron Paul.

I believe privately his father condone the Move, because his father also knew how to play with the big boys and politics is not a short game it is a long game.

Are you ignoring that I wrote I don't want someone who will play games like that.

Turning on one's father is a line that he crossed that I find as unforgivable. Anyone who does that is unworthy of any respect IMO. I wasn't a fanatical supporter of his father, but I respected him and Rand being a turncoat made me lose all respect for him. If he was indeed playing a game then he made a bad bet and lost my support.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I apologize if I snapped at you earlier Bezzzz .

I'm in the same boat with you. I guess for me the difference is I've never believed a politician before and I'm 52. My honest belief is that this man will keep his word. Laugh if you want but I formed this opinion over the last 15 years.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Edit: Sorry greathouse I didn't see your sarcasm disclaimer button at the bottom of your post.. My apologies. LOL

Funny .....there's no one else running that I WOULD vote for. Do you realize what he's really saying? I watched him on Meet the Press late last night being questioned about his book. He was asked this exact question about abolishing the NSA. His response was very intelligent and one that a majority of the general public would agree with. His response was; He think's the NSA should continue but not in the manner it currently operates. He does not want warrantless BULK collection and spying of public information to continue. He want's warrants to be issued by a judge to the people, NOT a general warrant with no judicial oversight for all of Verizion's phone records. Is this something you're against? As he has mentioned and most American citizens know, It's unconstitutional. He seems to be the only candidate willing to fight for our constitutional rights or even mention them.

He is a constitutionalist, has to much moral backbone and overly capable of critical thinking. For the most part, I feel he has a genuine passion for the pursuit of what's best for this country and it's citizens. He's not a controllable puppet to the extent our other candidate choices are. TPTB do not want Sen. Rand Paul as the POTUS and will do everything in their power to make sure it doesn't happen.

If this is worst thing they can come up with in order to try and sabotage his candidacy, I would vote for him in a heartbeat. They all do a little flip flopping and back pedaling. If you really want a chance at being elected it's a necessary evil. Unfortunately that's become the reality of politics in today's times.

I will see if I can find the Interview from last night and post it so you all can judge his response for yourself.

Found it, here you go. My comp will not paste, maybe some would be kind enough to post it. Thank's

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 18-5-2015 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2015 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
On the TPP, he never flip flopped.
His vote says it all

Friday, May 15, 2015
www.targetliberty.com...

This is How a Sellout Politician Votes

Ok so I tried to give Rand a break.

The other day, he said something informative about the evil Trade Promotion Authority and the Trans Pacific Partnership.

I featured Breitbart's Rand comments at EPJ. Rand noted that the details of the agreement were kept in secret in a locked room and were about 800 pages long.

So what did Rand do Thursday? He voted "yea' on the key legislation that will allow TPP, TTIP, and TISA — to become law.

When it comes to the TPP, there is no compromise.
You are either Pro American or Pro Globalist and he is a Pro Globalist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join