It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSBC WARNS: The world economy faces a 'titanic problem'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

That's pretty much the mantra of the past 9 years here...

Eventually it will happen, I'm sure, but you can't live your life in fear of uncertain pending disaster. Just be prepared and be alert and recognize that it is what it is.

You've hit the nail on the head my friend

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I guess the meek really do inherit the earth

All six feet of it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

The economy is "failing" because these people at the top are stealing, making money out of thin air, stealing, setting interest rates, stealing. Oh did I mention stealing? The majority of people on this planet live off of a dollar a day or less. They won't give a fig if the economy crashes. It might be a blessing to them.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

originally posted by: ugmold
Why the masses, including ISIS, don't take the Banker Scum out is beyond me.

The non-violent way to do that is join the Bitcoin economy.

If Bitcoin gained any real traction it would be dealt with by #1 in Sublimecraft's post, above. Historically speaking, no one can change the system.

Great Depression & American Revolution
Remember the Great Depression started with the stock crashes of 1929. However, the bottom of the stock market wasn't realized until 1932 - approx. 3 years of constant shocks/drops to the market. I don't expect there to only be one instance in the coming 2-3 years, it will be a rough road.

The American Revolution was about a lot of things, taxes were only one and always brought up. However, the economic events that led to the taxation were the 122 million pounds that the British Empire was in debt from fighting the 7 Years War. Sure they won, but since Britain had established a central banking system in 1694 they now were on the hook for the war loans to the bankers. So, Britain had racked up a massive debt. This is of course not dissimilar from that of the USA and the Iraq, Afghanistan, and Middle East conflicts. We did and are racking up massive debt, the stock market is artificially inflated, among many other things.

How long?
FamCore... how long do we have?
I expect things to begin this fall (Sept/Oct). My timing is unrelated to the Blood Moon timing which is September 28, 2015 at the beginning of the Feast of Tabernacles. While I find them interesting, I don't find them as compelling. But I expect it to be a much longer term issue.

Arguably some might say how long will TPTB give us? I'm not sold that TPTB want the economy to collapse. They have contingency plans for when it does, but they are safe from average citizens under the current social and economic veil they have created. To have the veil collapse merely means they move away from Plan A (the matrix) and into an alternative plan. TPTB prefer the matrix NOT to collapse because collapse is more unpredictable, the matrix means the majority of people accept their place in the world and continue to toil for the benefit of the elite.

The problem is as johnwick pointed out - "It is because a central bank fiat currency economy is designed to unravel itself at some point. It can't be sustained."

I'm not sure it was designed to unravel itself. The psychopathic greed of the elite doesn't care about sustainability - we see that with the current corporate practices and procedures. Therefore design is not in their nature. But johnwick is very correct that it's not meant to be sustained.

The real questions are...
1. How do we get through it safely and make a better world for ourselves so this doesn't happen again?
2. How do we avoid TPTB contingency plans that will be used to keep us (esp. the sheep) buying into the matrix?
edit on 19-5-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I work in Brentwood (filthy rich part of Los Angeles, I survive paycheck to paycheck however, and am just slightly better off than completely destitute) and was having a conversation in the elevator with some Uber rich guy watching the news on one of those tv screens they have on the lifts.. He said the poor will need the rich in the event of a financial catastrophe. And smiled as if his lot in life was secure. I smiled and agreed with him. I didn't tell him that of course the poor like me will need the rich in the event of some financial meltdown, because folks like me plan on liquidating folks him and all of his resources when that time comes. Being rich won't help when the poor come to pillage and loot everything they have.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I work in Brentwood (filthy rich part of Los Angeles, I survive paycheck to paycheck however, and am just slightly better off than completely destitute) and was having a conversation in the elevator with some Uber rich guy watching the news on one of those tv screens they have on the lifts.. He said the poor will need the rich in the event of a financial catastrophe. And smiled as if his lot in life was secure. I smiled and agreed with him. I didn't tell him that of course the poor like me will need the rich in the event of some financial meltdown, because folks like me plan on liquidating folks him and all of his resources when that time comes. Being rich won't help when the poor come to pillage and loot everything they have.

I love that BASSPLYR... it perfectly highlights how this guy who is uber rich (may not be a 1-percenter) has bought into the system. He has no idea what reality is but you are right, he will find out and it won't be the visions of sugar plums that he has.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYRBeing rich won't help when the poor come to pillage and loot everything they have.

BASSPLYR, What I find amusing is how the poor assume that the rich are just going to sit back and allow them to pillage and loot everything that they have. I mean who are you talking about exactly, the 1%, or does that include the Middle class as well, who are far from poor? ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

originally posted by: ugmold
Why the masses, including ISIS, don't take the Banker Scum out is beyond me.

The non-violent way to do that is join the Bitcoin economy.

If Bitcoin gained any real traction it would be dealt with by
#1 in Sublimecraft's post, above. Historically
speaking, no one can change the system.

Sure, historically no one can change the system, that
was until Satoshi Nagamoto did it.

You're saying Bitcoin can be "dealt" with my the Banksters
(and/or elite bloodlines) should it become a threat?

It is a threat. And there is nothing they can do about it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

So you're telling me that Mr. Richy Rich is going to defend all of that stuff by himself? Fatcats don't have much real world survivability. Who's he going to hire for protection? And with money that's worthless? Who's going to respond to his home alarm system going off? The poor people who aren't at work cause there is nothing to pay them with? Who's going to reach out to help him in a dog eat dog world when everybody is out for survival helping themselves or next of kin? You really think mr. fatcat has any real world survival skills. What do you think will happen to him when someone hungry, feral and on the hunt for resources runs into his panic stricken ass on the street and sees prey? Mr. Fatcat gunna suddenly turn into some lion that will stop a guy half his age and twice his wits street wise? What cops are going to show up? They're not getting paid anymore. Whats going to stop a hungry looter from pillaging Mr. fatcats home? His line of hedges? His attack dog that just met the business end of a machete? Hows he going to escape when the gas stations are down and out of commission?

It's going to be everyman for themselves for the most part and those who get subjected to them. Make no mistake. Full financial meltdown it's party time for the poor who now have NOTHING stopping them from taking whatever the hell they want from just about anyone. I dunno you do the math? One lazy, fatcat with a nearly worthless skill set in the real world or a mob of hungry people who don't give a S!@@#. I'm putting my money on the mob or the feral marauder taking what he wants from the mentally weak, lazy, pampered, isolated, ignorant, arrogant, now worthless and looking like mighty fine prey rich people. These fat cats will probably get harvested by their own gardeners and "help."

I wouldn't say just one percenters maybe the top five percent will get this coming to them when DooDoo hits the fan big time. Nobody's coming to help the rich. Not when the population basically has to resort to being feral to survive. It's more like welcome to the jungle.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I wouldn't say just one percenters maybe the top five percent will get this coming to them when DooDoo hits the fan big time. Nobody's coming to help the rich. Not when the population basically has to resort to being feral to survive. It's more like welcome to the jungle.

Well thank you for finally answering the question after that long rant. Ok so now that I know that you're speaking of at most, the 5%? That definitely would be the worst case scenario for them, but I think you're jumping the gun assuming that it will be a total collapse which includes the middle class. Not saying it can't happen cause it certainly can, but a lot of the middle class might not be ready to revolt as of yet. I guess it depends on if they lose their savings and pensions or not.

Back to the 5% though, I would not assume that they are weak. Sure if you're talking about them just sitting inside their gated community after a round of golf drinking some scotch, and I did like the comment about the gardeners turning on them, that was funny. Throw in the pool boy, the cooks and the chauffeur too! It was just funny to me though.

Nah bro I don't think you realize how ruthless these people are. They will use their weapons and connections to slaughter the herds like the sheople that they are. Don't assume that their allies in other Nations will not come to their aid either, all these banks are connected internationally. Only The U.S Military turning on them could be successful. Anything other than that sounds like the ramblings of a madman, and would be without a doubt suicidal. ~$heopleNation
edit on 19-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You're saying Bitcoin can be "dealt" with my the Banksters
(and/or elite bloodlines) should it become a threat?

It is a threat. And there is nothing they can do about it.

Oh they most certainly can do something about it, and they will. You can bet on that much. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But he's not happy about it, and is considering a range of options from lying about his projected retirement age to yanking money from time to time to start his own private retirement.

That is just what we have been doing, We have been transferring funds from here to there and removing cash at a steady rate since the fiasco with Greece and zero interest rates.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This week we will do the same and in the next month or two we will repeat, I have posted here time and time again that during the great depression the only folks that did well were the ones with fat mattresses.

True my parents told me that anyone with actual cash were Kings & Queens. Put that in your Portfolio and be assured you will in fact eat and keep your home. If your home is bought and paid for you will forfeit it because of due taxes, yet you cant pay the taxes because the banks are all closed.

Biggest scam ever created, the rich folks buying homes for Penney's on the dollar. Yes indeed folks if you have the money and want to get through a major collapse I recommend also that you start getting funds out of accounts you will most likely have no access to in the event of a financial collapse.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 19-5-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

These people are talking about a complete international meltdown of the economic system. These rich 5 percenters have no allies with out money. Who is going to help them pro bono? They are suddenly some road warriors now cause they were ruthless about getting money? I imagine they will be more like the wizard of oz without his machine. Helpless. What are they going to do weaponize their Maybachs and range rovers even though they don't even turn on because there is no gas? These guys going to fend off the looters with the skills they learned in their Thai Bo class? Using the shooting skills they learned at some posh country club? The only people with usable money wouldn't be their allies since they would all be in the same worthless currency boat. (ie their money would be worth less than the turd they left in their now non flushing and backed up toilet. )

I wouldn't toss out the pool boy. He has keys to get into said gate that now that there are no police anyone could simply climb over. They know the layout of Mr. McRiches home. Same with the gardeners and the maids.

The military goes where the money is, which there isn't any of anymore in this scenario so not much of a military either in that situation to go help the now non rich and weak.

There will be no middle class. Nobody has a choice of whether they want to revolt or not, they will just suddenly be in the human jungle and fending for their survival. Nobody has money only liabilities. Everyone will be poor and will either be chewed up like ignorant hens in the slaughter house moving forward in line to their fate, or will get a clue and start banding into marauding groups out for themselves.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Do you think that if the United Nations banned religion and cut its influence in the political sphere that it would put a hiccup in the economy? It seems a lot of churches and leaders of them have there hands in the current cookie jar, but maybe if it's cut off, for whatever agenda idk, that it could affect the economy to a degree...? I don't know why I thought that just now.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

There will be no middle class. Nobody has a choice of whether they want to revolt or not, they will just suddenly be in the human jungle and fending for their survival. Nobody has money only liabilities. Everyone will be poor and will either be chewed up like ignorant hens in the slaughter house moving forward in line to their fate, or will get a clue and start banding into marauding groups out for themselves.

Well I am glad that you understand that I am not arguing with you, just brainstorming different scenarios.

Anyway, I highly doubt if things completely collapse like you're suggesting, that the military and police are just going to walk away. If there is no law and order, who will protect their families? They are not just going to sit in their house and wait to be raped and murdered by packs of imbeciles.

Even regular people with families, they will unite, I am talking about the middle class, and a lot of them are well armed. Millions of them are also well trained Men who have hunted their entire lives. They also have stocked up food and water, unlike most of the unprepared and disorganized less fortunate folks.

I think it's a mistake to assume that everyone will just sit by cowardly until some roaming band of rejects decide to invade their neighborhood. If they came into mine, My neighbors and I would slaughter them from our rooftops with our rifles. Guarantee we have more combined ammo than a bunch of thugs do.

BASSPLYR, You said that you live in Los Angeles correct? Are you White by chance, if you mind me asking? ~$heopleNation
edit on 19-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Folks will be in panic not banding together. Everyone will be in the same situation, poor and nearly without resources, largely fending for themselves.

As far as owning guns. SO what. Me too. Heck, a good friend has a semi-auto 300 win mag. yeah they make those. Will beat the crap out of anything around for the most part. He lives within 5 minutes walking distance. He owns literally dozens and dozens of guns., I doubt he'd be able to stop me from breaking into his place and getting them if I needed to. He would just make himself a target. In some ways guns are a liability and not mobile since you will always have to come back to get more of your ammo stash. Most folks that own guns wouldn't be able to use them in this sort of situation effectively. TO much attention.

As for my race. I'm 50% Italian (northern and central) , 25% Chinese (hakka who were from unusually - shanghai), 10% Turkish( Constantine era), 15% English (no idea from who). And it is really a non issue in this scenario.

We're not talking about thugs were talking about 99% of the human population turning feral for survival. Some dudes on a rooftop with some guns aren't going to help or hold them off. Not if those dudes have resources. In fact posting up is probably the dumbest thing one could do. Predators are always on the move and only take with them what they need to survive. They don't defend useless territory or possessions. They DO eat good though.

What I'm saying is 99% of the people out there if turd were to hit the fan that bad would be unprepared mentally, and skill set wise. Mostly mentally. They will literally have the wrong perspective of how to survive in a non bucolic dog eat dog world. Which is - it's better the F!@# the F!@#$@#! before they F!@#@ you. Or, it's better to be a F!@#er than a F!@#ee.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

What I'm saying is 99% of the people out there if turd were to hit the fan that bad would be unprepared mentally, and skill set wise. Mostly mentally. They will literally have the wrong perspective of how to survive in a non bucolic dog eat dog world. Which is - it's better the F!@# the F!@#$@#! before they F!@#@ you. Or, it's better to be a F!@#er than a F!@#ee.

Something tells me that the folks that you would be running with, would end up killing you, and maybe even consuming you if need be eventually. Again, If you came into our neighborhood, we would slaughter you as good as light is day, as dark is night. You don't have to believe me, but we will all ruthlessly protect our families.

You have a choice to join the lawless, or the hoards of idiots. I know which side I will be on. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop

Do you think that if the United Nations banned religion and cut its influence in the political sphere that it would put a hiccup in the economy? It seems a lot of churches and leaders of them have there hands in the current cookie jar, but maybe if it's cut off, for whatever agenda idk, that it could affect the economy to a degree...? I don't know why I thought that just now.

I'm not so sure about that. Banning religion would lead to a huge drop in on the books religious donations to politicians. Beyond that, it may not affect the economy much other than those that profit the most from it. But it doesn't make sense from a control aspect of society and government.

The problem we face is multi-faceted, as I'm sure many of you already realize. The economic aspect is ridiculous. I already touched on several aspects we face. However, we are so sensitive now that a crash would lead down a much darker path. Best described - we are a crab without a shell, our soft meat exposed.

My "doom" countdown is based on astrological patterns while also monitoring economic indicators. Personally, it's going to be interesting to see what happens to the USA at the beginning of the Saturn in Sagittarius cycle come September 20th and beyond. Pluto entering Capricorn in 2008 already warned us and the financial situation wasn't corrected.

The 1929 crash was mid-late in a Saturn Sagittarius cycle. But they eventually made fixes to an already greedy system - Glass-Steagall. With the beginning erosion process of Glass-Steagall in the 1980s we saw the S&L failures followed by the 1987 crash - Saturn was in Sagittarius again. The 87 crash + the S&L debacle should have told everyone we needed to revisit Glass-Steagall, but by then the rich were in full control of the country and nothing was done. The 1990s saw further eroding of Glass-Steagall if not all out destruction of it. We've since had the dotcom bubble burst and derivative/housing bubble.

And as we all know, nothing has been done.

Pluto in Capricorn is unforgiving and ridiculously harsh. With Saturn entering Sagittarius in a few months + Pluto in Capricorn we are looking down the barrel of an unforgiving crash.

I'm not idly picking dates and pull things out of thin air, there is a method to this madness. There is a lot more to it, but I'm not trying to bore people with astrological data and interpretations.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

C'mon, which one of you sold HSBC a clue? I thought we agreed not to tell them and that we were all going to keep this secret from 2009 forward.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I don't think the world would turn into some sort of Mad Max scenario, there are too many continuance of governance plans for that. Even without electricity people would manage to get by once food was regularly coming in.

Personally though, I'm probably screwed in such a world. 85% of my skills have to do with computers, which are useless without electricity. The other 15% are a small number of legal classes and a lot of mathematics. I know enough law to defend someone in a pinch depending on the circumstances (and assuming the requirements to pass a BAR are gone) or help a legal office, and the math is useless in such a scenario unless you want me to build you some trebuchets to assist with besieging some rich guys mansion.

It's just as well really, if the world gets that bad I would just as soon make room for others.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join