It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSBC WARNS: The world economy faces a 'titanic problem'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Personally though, I'm probably screwed in such a world. 85% of my skills have to do with computers, which are useless without electricity.

Give yourself more credit than that.

You'd be surprised what people can do, endure and over-come when things change significantly. Intelligence is still a major plus in a break down situation.

The old saying the strong will survive, means strong in many areas not just physical endurance.

The plus we have going in most of the western civilization is infrastructure, so as long as that remains in tact things would most likely only be chaotic for a short time. ( Less than 6 months at most)

For the most part people are constructive instead of destructive.

Peace,

RT

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Honestly, I see the US and possibly the world ending up one of two ways, assuming another economic/financial collapse..

1. Revolution
2. Increased controls and welfare paid to citizens that are accepted by the people (at least for a little while)

Capricorn's nature is to clamp down militarily to maintain structure/government. Pluto is about death, transformation, rebirth. It's what we saw in 1776 (the last time Pluto was in Capricorn) - the colonists revolted against the structure and the British tried to clamp down militarily.

I could imagine seeing pockets of revolt in the US only to see them decimated, causing the rest of the sheep to agree that revolt is a bad thing and things getting worse overall for the average American.

The government knows that these things require leaders and they have become very adept at taking out leaders (MLK, Malcolm X, Huey Lewis, John Trudell, etc.) before things get out of their control. It's why the Occupy Movement was so interesting to watch - they claimed to have no leader. It's also why the government sees survivalists, Christians, and conservatives as the enemy - right now they are the one group that agrees with each other.

Knowing computers can be essential in a time where people need others to help keep things moving assuming there is no government. However, in an increased control scenario your skills may be needed for other ventures. Of course, this is depending on what side you choose, Aazadan.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold I agree with your statement. Why dont the likes of ISIS, Boko Harram etc target the people in charge or at least pulling strings? Makes no sense for them to target civilians when their not the ones responsible for the invasion of the middle east.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anubis259
a reply to: ugmold I agree with your statement. Why dont the likes of ISIS, Boko Harram etc target the people in charge or at least pulling strings? Makes no sense for them to target civilians when their not the ones responsible for the invasion of the middle east.

It makes sense if ISIS and Boko Harram are getting funding from TPTB. "Here's the money, now go scare the citizens."

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

like what for example?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

like what for example?

Well for starters, a massive covert operation of chip fabrication. I could see a Nation like China possibly achieving this. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Not saying that is going to happen, but what's interesting is that The Bank of China brought the hammer down on Bitcoin back in 2013, but has since recognized the error of their ways. ~$heopleNation

Bitcoin & China

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Not saying that is going to happen, but what's interesting is that The Bank of China brought the hammer down on Bitcoin back in 2013, but has since recognized the error of their ways. ~$heopleNation

Bitcoin & China

Interesting read, thanks for sharing. " ...since China is a well-established and highly restrictive totalitarian regime that makes the growing “Police State” in the U.S. look like a Cub Scout meeting. You can see a downside, since the People Bank of China, directly run and managed by the Chinese government, has dropped the hammer on Bitcoin investors and owners before. They can do it again. At least in the U.S., the government has carried a “laissez-faire” approach to Bitcoin due to corporate business interest and a need for tax revenue by the government. American greed and fascism have gone a long way in protecting Bitcoin in the West. "

Just posted this:

Internet key in China's battle with "Western anti-China forces" says military paper
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant Agreed, thats what leads me to believe that. Tptb must be involved in some way, otherwise I cant explain there not being targeted.

edit on 20-5-2015 by Anubis259 because: typo errors

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yeah no problem. I would have posted a small part of the article like you did, but I am on my IPhone at the moment, and whenever I minimize ATS to go copy and paste, for some reason it always reloads the page, in which I lose my post draft.

It's irritating, anyway thank you for the link my friend. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Most people are content with whatever happens in the world as long as they keep access to their TV programs, Internet Acess, Cell Phones, McDonalds and ability to spend what money they have on other useless things that they end up hoarding.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join