It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal life, the cosmos and sacrifice.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

(Those videos you linked did not seem to have audio.)

The first one was some off key drumming so you would probably be glad for that one, but the other two work fine this end. Maybe try going to the yt to watch them by clicking the link in the top rh corner of the vid window. But from your reply I'd say you were spot on with what is presented in them.

edit on 20-5-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Really fascinating parallels between ideological parable and scientific study. It deserves a deeper look for sure. Right up to the Jesus stuff...

it would not be sacrificial if it was something not needed or thatwould not missed.

Like a human vessel, perhaps? Does seem like a disposable styrofoam cup in the eyes of a god. Makes a curious end all offering. Three days of pain and suffering in what amount to 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 x 1,000 of the universe all which he is simultaneously equally aware of. If we are taking the omniscience thing seriously I mean. That's like a skin cell dying.

That's a pretty good analogy right there. except, the state of mind where eternal life becomes truth would only come about by a absolute dissolving of all doubt. There would be no fear of death as there was no death, so the skin cell "dying" would maybe mean something else? Did it die or change back to its original state(s)?
edit on 20-5-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Really fascinating parallels between ideological parable and scientific study. It deserves a deeper look for sure. Right up to the Jesus stuff...

it would not be sacrificial if it was something not needed or thatwould not missed.

Like a human vessel, perhaps? Does seem like a disposable styrofoam cup in the eyes of a god. Makes a curious end all offering. Three days of pain and suffering in what amount to 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 x 1,000 of the universe all which he is simultaneously equally aware of. If we are taking the omniscience thing seriously I mean. That's like a skin cell dying.

That's a pretty good analogy right there. except, the state of mind where eternal life becomes truth would only come about by a absolute dissolving of all doubt.

Suspension of disbelief is the permission of delusion if you aren't careful.

There would be no fear of death as there was no death, so the skin cell "dying" would maybe mean something else? Did it die or change back to its original state(s)?

Death is an inevitable reality. Everything breaks down and is recycled as part of something else. Macrosymbiosis is death. You are no longer you, and your sole value is as a player in the well being of the larger beast. You are not a person, you are a component. A disposable one. Like a skin cell.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains
Hey Wifi.

A sacrificer cannot sacrifice by giving something that is not theirs to give in the first place and it would not be sacrificial if it was something not needed or thatwould not missed.

The greatest sacrifice is self.

John 12:23And Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25"He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal.…

Consider the grain of wheat. An individual self.
Once it germinates, the seed is gone. No more self.
Is the plant the seed? No, the seed is gone. But there is the new plant self.

When the plant matures, and produces seeds of its own, is one of the new seeds the original seed? No. The plant will die too. Will one of the new plants that comes from the new seeds be the plant that died? No. These are new plants from new seeds. It is life itself that continues, not the individual selfs involved.

The quest for individual self eternal life is the opposite of life. Life is a process within which selfishness has no place.

Since this is metaphysics forum. I am free to throw in metaphysics terms.

Solipsism: "I am the important center of reality. Without me there is nothing. So of course I must live forever."

the flip side of the same coin:

Nihilism: "I will die, therefore all will die. Life has no meaning."

Now to use Unit_99's words:

Mothers energy sees it as loving your children, or a state of love in motion, the natural state of being happy is ensuring those around you are as well. Its not abstracted or hidden in different terms, its heart energy, soul energy, emotional energy, essence basically. It forms connections between people. Creates Family, and joins star systems. Don't really have words to express but just know its not an abstract term that isn't emotionally charged. Sacrifice is.

A mother with sound mind and heart gives for the benefit of those who will live even after the mother herself dies. That's life. That's sacrifice.

I'm sorry that I can't identify with all the Orion symbolism. I find it easier to stay down to Earth.

Good thread.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yes, I agree. But death is not death if you are energy. Energy does not die, it simply changes state. It's the same thing as spirit, we use different words these days that seems to seperate our being from a always eternal, if such thing as a spirit should exist. I did push the boat put a bit with "eternal" and should have stuck with regeneration of cells really, but the possibility of sharing of electrons seemed to suggest the cell might be able to be sustained, but I guess a electron would sustain a atom, not a cell. The atom would sustain the cell so it complicates things by number but the same concept carries through. I have not looked into decay rates differences and how atomic decay might effect molecular decay and organic decay and weather a sustained rate in one could effect the other.

"Suspension of disbelief is the permission of delusion if you aren't careful."

Agreed.
but that door also swings both ways on the flip side vice versa. As pthena pointed out in the following post.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Oioi pthena

I'm sorry that I can't identify with all the Orion symbolism. I find it easier to stay down to Earth.

No problem. Just sharing as I seen the concept take shape. I'd seen the orion vid a few weeks ago when it was posted and there is much it can be applied to. Orion is just one of many and used as a example due to the wealth of information available. Don't worry... I'm down on earth too!
but I can reminisce can't I.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

but I can reminisce can't I.

Different people have different memories.

I'm glad this is metaphysics instead of religion. I am free to drop piety. Here's an awesome song.

If I may take the flipside of the blue-haired boy.

Once there was a boy in his very own solipsist world.

One day, outside realities out of his control

Turned his world into a prison pit.

He looked up and saw an opening.

The opening grew until he saw a universe outside his own.

As he watched he saw

The whole outside universe lean forward

and take a look at the boy in the pit.

Hands, arms, vines, claws, wings

all reached down and pulled him out.

That's what it took to save the solipsist boy.

I love the universe.

edit on 20-5-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Sin & Summary of Salvation -

Jesus often reminded those religious leaders that He had not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). He, as God, was the Author of the Law (2 Timothy 3:16). The Pharisees focused on the letter of the Law but missed the true spirit of it, which is given in Galatians 5:14: “The whole law can be summed up in this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” When Jesus refused to condemn the woman, He was not minimizing the importance of holiness. He was offering her the same kind of forgiveness He offers every one of us (Acts 3:19).

As you mention the woman who the Pharisee were about to stone, whom claim to know the law is bent in picture.

She committed adultery with a man
WHO ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF MOSES ...BOTH WERE TO BE STONED!
But only the woman is put to judgement by the Pharisee who were not keeping the way of the law...

"YOU HYPOCRITES!" said Jesus. "He who can say he has never sinned can throw the first stone."

Teacher of the Law to the keepers of the Laws who were committing adultery in the marriage of the Lamb by misrepresenting it.
Emphasis on the WOMAN'S sin shouldn't shadow the sin of MAN'S

He came not to abolish the law but fulfill it --- see how twisted and wry (turned on one-side) when man,
given positions of power by God meant to serve among his chosen people as the right way of living, served his self.

Be it Temple Law, Roman Law, City/State GOVERNMENTS --->'serves its position' TO RETAIN POWER Keep it buried...
>Always know though, it comes back from the dead Living in SIN

>NOW ... YOU'RE BURIED DEEP IN LIES

"Love you're neighbor as yourself" is not in these scenario.

How would you like if this "Do unto others as you would have done unto you" is being done to you?
What good is it to save your life but lose your soul.

The crown of thorns wrapped and twisted into His head..."My thoughts are not your thoughts. And my ways are not your ways", "You say that I am a king"..."My kingdom is not of this world"

Don't twist His words into Your Own Crown of Thorns.
edit on 21-5-2015 by FreshTM because: fix

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yes, I agree. But death is not death if you are energy. Energy does not die, it simply changes state. It's the same thing as spirit, we use different words these days that seems to seperate our being from a always eternal, if such thing as a spirit should exist.

death is the end of a life or person. even if you continue as energy, your personality is lost. your memories are lost. your passions and dislikes and dreams are lost. recycling a used computer for its materials does not mean that you can go back and retrieve the data.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Ah, I can see where you are coming from...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ah, I can see where you are coming from...

there is no hidden meaning in what i posted. i meant exactly what i typed.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I know you do. In the scientific reading of life man has conceded his "potential" omnipotence and traded it for smallness along with submitting to death.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I know you do. In the scientific reading of life man has conceded his "potential" omnipotence and traded it for smallness along with submitting to death.

submitting? there is no submitting to death anymore than there is submitting to the wind or the rotation of the earth. death happens regardless of how you feel, change happens regardless of how you feel. everything breaks down and is recycled and reborn as part of something else. this is a process we cannot change. and if we do...we may suffer greatly for it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Gee alreadyI said that I agree with that. You are repeating yourself, same thing different words. Who told you of this great suffering for changing what ever it is you say if we do change we may suffer for?

You don't believe in spirit or ghost or conscious awareness retention after death or reincarnation or anything like that. I get it. I'm not forcing you to believe in anything, but you seem to be reassuring yourself at least.

edit on 22-5-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

death is the end of a life or person. even if you continue as energy, your personality is lost. your memories are lost. your passions and dislikes and dreams are lost. recycling a used computer for its materials does not mean that you can go back and retrieve the data.

If this is actually the case, how can you say it without any doubt about it? In other words, you obviously have never experienced this before, so you actually really don't know firsthand that everything about the persona is lost.

All you can do is make some conclusion about it based on some mental logic, which is also temporary and changing. So you trust all of that to such a degree that you can state this with absolute certainty?

edit on 5/22/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

the universe will accommodate for certain changes instructed by thought.

Great thread. I have always respected your thoughts. I would recommend the Master Key and perhaps some Ceremonial Magic books. Its theoretical until you get down and do the nitty gritty. Truly the Universe is abundant, you just have to clear the mind of preconceived thoughts that stop one from attaining what they need, by simply asking.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

"The painting of Michael Angelo being in the imprint in the Nebula come to his imagination" as for whichever came first.

I have a reflection of this line for weeks now. I been wondering on a painting my alter ego made of its deep meaning and come to realize its meaning after 3 years.

The same thought came across my mind. But there is also an ironic part of the story which brings the thought of the other thought.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join