It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal life, the cosmos and sacrifice.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The quest for the fountain of youth and eternal life has been imagined and pursued for millennia, but what are these things if not just religious concepts. Nonetheless, the scripture, artwork and literature seem to suggest a way.  

To set the scene, we begin with the concept of the famous painting of the creation of Adam depicting god endowing him with the sparks life.

The physics model of electrons in chemical bonding tthe sharing of electrons might reveal what stood out to me as the arc the covalent. That was not a spelling mistake, that was wordplay.

Covalent; Relating to or denoting chemical bonds formed by the sharing of electrons between atoms.

The premiss here is to suggest a mechanical working and synchronous system of integration with the great spirit of the universe. Being possessed by god, so to speak... and might even offer a explanation for how some yogis are able to defy logic by not eating or drinking anything for years. Perhaps with a little imagination there are more religious teachings and techniques that might relate to this topic of relative quantum relativity. Regeneration may even be possible if it is true that the universe is sustaining the yogis.

This video is to be seen as a metaphor, for it might not be (just) electrons being shared, but could be any universally synchronised components of the adepts atomic makeup that have quantum potential to be entangled with the cosmos. To imagine this the moving between atoms of electrons would be quantum in nature between the micro and macrocosm.

Coincidentally replenishing or sustaining bodily fluids would be vital for the healthy existence of the body, a promise of such life giving waters would surely be akin to the gift of eternal life and the fountain of eternal youth. Is the universe able to replace and replenish by throwing down new parts in exchange for the old and worn, and thus capable of regenerating?

Imagine parts of your body in the quantum scale being entangled with the universe at large being fed fresh photons and electrons that prolong the decay of cellular molecules. This could well be happening to you right now as you read this and look at this...

Michelangelo's painting, the creation of adam, of god reaching out for Adam could be representative of some kind of quantum connection. Not just because of what has been painted that is superficial to the eye, but also the similarities to underlying forms within the Orion nebula.

Did Michelangelo imprint his imagination into the nebula or did the nebula imprint into his imagination? Are either one of those even possible? Maybe the creation of both was symbiotic in nature? Could there be a quantum element at play here?... and through these quantum properties between man and cosmos, might there be other sources of energy/particles that are able to regenerate?

Galatians 6:8
For the one who sow to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption but the one who sows to the spirit will from the spirit reap eternal life.

2 Corinthians 4:17
Those who have insight will shine brightly like the expanses of heaven

John 3:16
...whoever believes in him shall not perish but will have eternal life.

Psalms 49:15
But god will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol, for he shall revive me.

John 4:14
but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.

John 15:5
I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

Psalms 36:9
For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.

John 1:4
In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

1 John 1:1-2
What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life-- and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us.

Yeah yeah! Promises promises... What's the catch?

Well there is just one catch.... 10%.... Wait for it!...

SACRIFICE.... dun dun DUNNN...

This does not mean go cut the head of a chicken or nail ya momma to a cross. In this sense sacrifice means to give. A sacrificer cannot sacrifice by giving something that is not theirs to give in the first place and it would not be sacrificial if it was something not needed or thatwould not missed. 

John 10:10
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Religious scripture is overflowing with promises of heaven, eternal life, glory of god, renewal, uplifting moments, wisdom and the holy spirit, etc. But something must be given up. This is to make room to accommodate for whatever it is that will be given in return. 

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.

Matthew 19:29
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name's sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; 

Jesus disclosed to His disciples that the lower world is under the control of a great spiritual being which had fashioned it according to the will of the Eternal Father. The mind of this great angel was both the mind of the world and also the worldly mind. So that men should not die of worldliness the Eternal Father sent unto creation the eldest and most exalted of His powers--the Divine Mind. This Divine Mind offered Itself as a living sacrifice and was broken up and eaten by the world.

Having given Its spirit and Its body at a secret and sacred supper to the twelve manners of rational creatures, this Divine Mind became a part of every living thing. (*** Man was thereby enabled to use this power as a bridge ***) across which he might pass and attain immortality. He who lifted up his soul to this Divine Mind and served It was righteous and, having attained righteousness, liberated this Divine Mind, which thereupon returned again in glory to Its own divine source. And because He had brought to them this knowledge, the disciples said one to another: "Lo, He is Himself this Mind personified!

www.sacred-texts.com...

A clip from the United Lodge Of Theosophists, Washington DC On The Law Of Sacrifice...

Who needs big pharma, when the universe gives so freely? There is only a lack of faith.

edit on 17-5-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Sin & Summary of Salvation -

Jesus often reminded those religious leaders that He had not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). He, as God, was the Author of the Law (2 Timothy 3:16). The Pharisees focused on the letter of the Law but missed the true spirit of it, which is given in Galatians 5:14: “The whole law can be summed up in this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” When Jesus refused to condemn the woman, He was not minimizing the importance of holiness. He was offering her the same kind of forgiveness He offers every one of us (Acts 3:19).

In saying, “Go and sin no more,” Jesus was not speaking of sinless perfection. He was warning against a return to sinful lifestyle choices.

His words both extended mercy and demanded holiness. Jesus was always the perfect balance of “grace and truth” (John 1:14).

With forgiveness comes the expectation that we will not continue in the same path of rebelliousness. Those who know God’s love will naturally want to obey Him (John 14:15).

When we turn to Christ and receive His forgiveness, we experience a heart change (Luke 9:23; Acts 1:8).

Forgiveness is not cheap, and it does not excuse the sin that separated us from God. It cost God everything to offer us the cleansing that pronounces us righteous before Him (John 3:16; 15:13).

Rather than continue in the self-centered path that led us astray from Him to begin with, the forgiven can walk in God’s path (Luke 14:27). A move toward God is a move toward righteousness, purity, and holy living (1 Peter 1:16; Romans 8:29). We cannot experience the transforming power of forgiveness without being forever changed.

It goes without saying that the woman caught in adultery did not return to her infidelity. She had met Jesus. She would not be perfect. No one is. But she was forever changed. Her eyes had been opened to the depravity of what she was doing. Sin no longer held the appeal it once did.

When we meet Jesus, sin no longer holds its fatal attraction. Grace changes things. “Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1–2).When we are born again (John 3:3), the power of the Holy Spirit breaks the power that sin once had over us (Romans 6:6).

Once we lived only to please ourselves, but when we have been forgiven, our motivation changes. We now live to please God (Galatians 2:20).

It should be the goal of every Christian to “sin no more,” although we recognize that, while we are in the flesh, we will still stumble (1 John 1:8). God’s desire for each of us is to be holy as He is holy (1 Peter 1:16). We still sin, but sin is no longer a lifestyle choice (1 John 3:9–10).

When we fail, we can come to God and ask forgiveness (1 John 1:9; 1 Peter 4:1–2). And if we are truly God’s children, He will correct us, disciplining us when we need it (Hebrews 12:6–11). His work is to conform us to the image of His Son (Romans 8:29).
edit on 17-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Lots of interesting materials here, so thanks for the read!

We are already a sacrifice because each of our bodies live, change, and die. Sacrifice is the price we pay for being born. In each and every moment, we are involved in a process of sacrifice - e.g., each breath we take changes and recycles all sorts of microscopic organisms.

However, this principle is usually not considered because no one typically wants to think about change and death. Some who go beyond the separative principle of self that we usually assume relative to being an independent entity, find that such spiritual sacrifice of self may result in feeling great energy throughout the whole body-mind. There are many spiritual teachings relative to this, as you know.

Jesus was talking about an in life, spiritual sacrifice of the separate self principle via loving God with the whole body-mind, heart, and spirit. This communion with God is beyond the mortality of the body-mind, and is eternal. This is also what other mystical traditions speak to, though some are about escaping this physical life. There are some, as you mention, that indicate physical longevity is also possible.

But physical immortality is very unlikely, and the real question is, who would really want that, if they had already sacrificed to the point of realizing the excellences of Reality beyond this physical world? This place is very dense in comparison to other worlds, and especially to unconditional Reality itself - so would one likely go out of their way to really work for that result here? I think not. However, if it spontaneously occurs because one is so fully related to these aspects of life, and is therefore replenished by them, such as the yogis you mentioned - then that would certainly be interesting.

In principle, the more we sacrifice our independent presumptions into the condition that is Reality (Consciousness-Light-Love), the more we are attuned whole bodily to what the intelligence of Reality has to offer, and that certainly may involve life extension, or at least a much more balanced, energetic, intelligent, loving, life participatory disposition. And all of that will very likely lead to a longer life here.

edit on 5/17/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The summery you have provided is rather orthodox don't you think? Maybe a summery of sin is in order to prove my point. It was very hard to tell the difference between what you had written yourself and were quoting, if any. Couldn't you have been a little clearer? I tried to write a response to your post did not feel like Referring to a book to do so. Lol

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

From a earthly perspective, yes, every"thing" seems to perish and decay. But not before being replaced and the species replenished, the balance of life.

What part of a person might be able to transcend the material? I mean most cells are replaced multiple times in during a life time...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Supposing we build a better machine can we coerce the ghost or consciousness into the machine-i.e transhumanism.

2 books for you 1.Pandemoniums Engine by Stearman et al and 2Forbidden Gates by Tom and Nita Horn.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19355231]Wifibrains

I love the nickname and I love the threat.

edit on 17-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

What part of a person might be able to transcend the material? I mean most cells are replaced multiple times in during a life time...

The subtle body-mind transcends the physical body-mind at the time of physical death, and so survives and moves on.

Also, the subtle is senior to the physical and would necessarily be involved in such physical rejuvenation due to subtle etheric energies are also necessary for life on earth.

So it is not just about elemental replenishment - Prana or Life Force is essential for physical existence as well. Without the descent of the Light-Energy from above, we would die instantly.

edit on 5/17/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So it is not just about elemental replenishment - Prana or Life Force is essential for existence.

Would that be similar Fohat, in the theosophical sense?

There is a concept of mind over matter, and also that the universe is mental at some level, and by way of willing force energies in the creation of the mental to take effect on reality, the universe will accommodate for certain changes instructed by thought.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
very thought provoking

thanks for this

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Supposing we build a better machine can we coerce the ghost or consciousness into the machine-i.e transhumanism.

I would not be to conCERNed. Hehe.

Thanks for the titles.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: [post=19355231]Wifibrains

I love the nickname and I love the threat.

Thanks, but I do have a question. Threat?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

thread?

sorry

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
And what do we have here? hm .. one more great thread from you Wifi!

At my current understanding from Advaita Vedanta (all is one) philosophy, for sacrifice I would propose this idea.

Sacrifice simply means that you should stop looking at yourself as just a body, this is the greatest and only true sin! Drop all egoistic tendencies and latent impressions which are developed during our life and try to just be in the being of present moment, always aware of your whole self, and not just the self which we all know - our body and mind combo.

In doing the sacrifice you are expressing ultimate devotion to your true being and the truth will be reviled to such individual when all ego, mind, body impressions are dissolved then such individual achieves Turiya state which is pure conciousness. As explained by Ramana Maharshi or many other saints.

And in doing so such a person realizes that there is no one to enlighten, no one to die and no one to live. And eternity is achieved.

All is conciousness.
edit on 1431943318501May015013115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1431943394503May035033115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The issues on eternal life are a bit confusing. The elite are going for ai and various dna upgrades, there is alot of dna in the bible. Do you mean physically? Or spirit ascending, and gaining higher levels?

(To me this is because they probably realize that some consequences await them and are trying to prolong this.)

We are already infinite parts of infinity, and we exist all over the place basically, concurrently, in infinite ways, and Higher Self could time travel and sit on a table with you if it was a part your tests, or a an allowing was taking place. Its a wonderful quirky quantum infinity and it takes more understanding, empathy, love, intelligence, turning the dial up high to expand and progress spirit. Infinity is both complete and progressing, your journey both being untaken and complete in a wonderful paradox, with Higher Mind and Lower gravity and dense mind constructs. But no parts of the infinity stand still and the teleos purpose or growth purpose, from seed to tree, is inherent in everything.

This body is not our natural vessel and we don't want to live indefinitely in them. If you have a closet to hang all your body suits in, this is not going to be your favorite outfit. At all. But we see earth and its bounty and beauty, and can glimpse what higher levels are like, earth is a jewel in space and while there may be countless planets like it in an infinite system, there doesnt appear on our channel, that our 5 senses pick up, countless closeby like this. But we're on the first floor of reality here compared to advanced bodies that do not need bathrooms, that are not predators, that are healthy and beautiful, telepathic, with soul skills operating, and memories of who we are retained, and intelligence.

And the sacrifice part. i don't know if finding abstract language is a male energy thing or not. Maybe men see giving as sacrifice. Mothers energy sees it as loving your children, or a state of love in motion, the natural state of being happy is ensuring those around you are as well. Its not abstracted or hidden in different terms, its heart energy, soul energy, emotional energy, essence basically. It forms connections between people. Creates Family, and joins star systems. Don't really have words to express but just know its not an abstract term that isn't emotionally charged. Sacrifice is.

Think we need to get in touch within to wholeness, uniting and embracing the fuller energies of our spirit and hack our body suits and its brain wiring via meditation and nature if necessary, to do so.
edit on 18-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
The issues on eternal life are a bit confusing. The elite are going for ai and various dna upgrades, there is alot of dna in the bible. Do you mean physically? Or spirit ascending, and gaining higher levels?

Both really, but not with ai physically. eternal life is a big push for this concept I admit that, but I'm really more interested in the bits of us that are here there and everywhere in the quantum realm and what changes that may be possible by making a covenant with the "everywhere always" to cause effect with the "here now."

(To me this is because they probably realize that some consequences await them and are trying to prolong this.)

Who? The elite?

We are already infinite parts of infinity, and we exist all over the place basically, concurrently, in infinite ways, and Higher Self could time travel and sit on a table with you if it was a part your tests, or a an allowing was taking place. Its a wonderful quirky quantum infinity and it takes more understanding, empathy, love, intelligence, turning the dial up high to expand and progress spirit.

Yes I'm not disputing or proposing our xpansiveness as in the whole. It's a idea based on the mystery of the gift of eternal life,( among others) from a supreme being as proposed in biblical scripture.

Infinity is both complete and progressing, your journey both being untaken and complete in a wonderful paradox, with Higher Mind and Lower gravity and dense mind constructs. But no parts of the infinity stand still and the teleos purpose or growth purpose, from seed to tree, is inherent in everything.

Nice!

This body is not our natural vessel and we don't want to live indefinitely in them. If you have a closet to hang all your body suits in, this is not going to be your favorite outfit. At all

There isn't a closet big enough for the best ones.

And the sacrifice part. i don't know if finding abstract language is a male energy thing or not. Maybe men see giving as sacrifice. Mothers energy sees it as loving your children, or a state of love in motion, the natural state of being happy is ensuring those around you are as well. Its not abstracted or hidden in different terms, its heart energy, soul energy, emotional energy, essence basically. It forms connections between people. Creates Family, and joins star systems. Don't really have words to express but just know its not an abstract term that isn't emotionally charged. Sacrifice is.

Yes I agree with you in this context but is not really what I meant by sacrifice. The theosophy video touched on it which is why I never elaborated as the video was supposed to do so. Funny enough she mentioned sacrifice in the same way you mentioned mothers energy so I'm guessing you did not watch it, which could be why you missed the point of this thread.

Think we need to get in touch within to wholeness Check

uniting and embracing the fuller energies of our spirit check

hack our body suits and its brain wiring via meditation and nature check

edit on 18-5-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Really enjoyed your post. Your posts stand out. Good thread.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Would that be similar Fohat, in the theosophical sense?

There is a concept of mind over matter, and also that the universe is mental at some level, and by way of willing force energies in the creation of the mental to take effect on reality, the universe will accommodate for certain changes instructed by thought.

Yes, fundamentally it is the Conscious Unity/Light-Energy that is prior to all forms and yet is the "substance" of all forms. It is unqualified indivisible Consciousness, not qualified by nor separate from any conditional forms that are "stepped-down" modifications of Itself.

And yes, attention can "will" various changes in any plane. Attention is the root of the ego-I and is the "will" that moves or focuses unqualified awareness through the gross, subtle, and causal worlds. One "realizes" or becomes what one puts one's attention on. To realize absolute Truth, That which is prior to attention, one must necessarily transcend attention.

(Those videos you linked did not seem to have audio.)

edit on 5/18/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Really fascinating parallels between ideological parable and scientific study. It deserves a deeper look for sure. Right up to the Jesus stuff...

it would not be sacrificial if it was something not needed or thatwould not missed.

Like a human vessel, perhaps? Does seem like a disposable styrofoam cup in the eyes of a god. Makes a curious end all offering. Three days of pain and suffering in what amount to 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 x 1,000 of the universe all which he is simultaneously equally aware of. If we are taking the omniscience thing seriously I mean. That's like a skin cell dying.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
And what do we have here? hm .. one more great thread from you Wifi!

At my current understanding from Advaita Vedanta (all is one) philosophy, for sacrifice I would propose this idea.

Sacrifice simply means that you should stop looking at yourself as just a body, this is the greatest and only true sin! Drop all egoistic tendencies and latent impressions which are developed during our life and try to just be in the being of present moment, always aware of your whole self, and not just the self which we all know - our body and mind combo.

Thanks,
and ya, I can agree with that. But I reckon there are ways to undo these impediments, perhaps in a certain order, which could lead to the same state of knowing, by unweaving the mundane tapestry of understood being and weaving a new with new found self evident truth.

In doing the sacrifice you are expressing ultimate devotion to your true being and the truth will be reviled to such individual when all ego, mind, body impressions are dissolved then such individual achieves Turiya state which is pure conciousness. As explained by Ramana Maharshi or many other saints.

It's fascinating don't you think, how there is a term for that achievement, but there is no litteral way that it can be expressed fully. Words can only de-fine that which is attempted to be conveyed literally. A range of other techniques can be used in a attempt to express, convey and connect the observer, from metaphor, symbolism through art, music and song, to dance/movement.

And in doing so such a person realizes that there is no one to enlighten, no one to die and no one to live. And eternity is achieved.

All is conciousness.

To infinity and beyond...

I wonder, is pure consciousness, or even lower emanations from it, are able to express itself subliminally through its earthen conduits (aware or unawares) and remain subliminal to those who's awareness it pervades? Although stored in the subconscious.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join