It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shootings Since 1850

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Some of these are not even shootings.

Many listed are simply suicides within the general area of a school or university.

There are at least 6 cases where a child simply brought a parents gun to school and no shooting took place.

Some of these cases involved criminal activity on the part of the shooter and victim.

It's amazing to me what people consider a "school shooting."

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: lostbook

Some of these are not even shootings.
Many listed are simply suicides within the general area of a school or university.
There are at least 6 cases where a child simply brought a parents gun to school and no shooting took place.
Some of these cases involved criminal activity on the part of the shooter and victim.
It's amazing to me what people consider a "school shooting."

I simply reported the "List of school shootings in the United States" according to Wikipedia. I sure once you figure all of the incidents that don't get reported etc, it probably averages out the same.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Seems to have subsided though.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Its a social and mental problem mixed with easy access to guns, not caused by the drugs, the drugs are just an excuse you made up and that claim has been seen here on ATS numerous times, it's ridicules.

It's also not caused by the guns. The guns are just an excuse you made up and that claim has been seen here on ATS numerous times, it's ridiculous.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It's also not caused by the guns, The guns are just an excuse you made up and that claim has been seen here on ATS numerous times.

I never said "caused by guns", i clearly laid the blame on people and society problems, and then on top you give them easy access to guns, it was to remove the statements that people claim gun violence is caused by medication, which is not true.

Thank you for clearing up my spelling mistake, i usually see them through auto correct, i didn't see this one or it wasn't picked up by auto correct, language barrier.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Why are there never mass shootings at:

Gun stores
Shooting ranges
Gun shows
Police departments

Always seems to happen in "gun free" zones.

An armed society is a polite society.
edit on 17-5-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

You forgot army base, shootings do happen at army bases which is far from gun free.

The shootings often happen at the place that people got "pissed of", which happens a lot in schools, work place and like, broken love, bullying, envy, bad boss, most of mass shootings happens in private homes, often with both parts having guns.
edit on 17-5-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And in most situations it stops with another armed person.

So what is the solution?

More restriction on gun ownership=less people able to defend themselves.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

There is no solution as it is today, it's a sad side effect of an armed population.

People will not give up their guns, which i understand, and even if they did, it would not make much difference with the amount of guns in the US today, maybe over a very long period of time.

Laws is to late, and don't do much but tell people to behave, some don't listen.

I can't see a solution that would have a big immediately effect.
edit on 17-5-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Military bases may have firearms, but they are not carried by the vast majority while they are there.

In reality, they are basically gun free zones.

<< 1   >>

join