It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Sues College Because She Can’t Pass A Test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The age of complete irresponsibility.Its always Someone else's fault for their failures..

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

My reaction toward this idiot

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst

how do you accomodate anxiety and depression ???

..... on a similar note, I hope she becomes a nurse, to see a mentaly retarded person make it that far would be inspiring.

Well just look at the various political institutions, plenty of retards there.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What? Anxiety, depression and stress are disabilities? If I had known that, I'd have cashed in on it a long time ago.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

I'm sure she has always been told how special she was....

There is a growing problem in society due to all the specialness.

If she becomes a trauma nurse there will be blood.

Thanks for that bring-back HM4A. And careful with that
sandwich, Eugene.

I was reading the op and reflected on the baby sister of one
of my four oldest friends-- who worked her way through to
make the head ER nurse in one of the two biggest hospitals
in a mid-sized city.
She married a gung-ho but [heart's always in the right place]
cop who made Det.Lieutenant at a record young age-- and
eventually did gangs. He ran the interdiction for almost the
whole county.

They're the most well grounded and adjusted people I know.
I also never brought up work at a family picnic while we were
all eating.

My point is, suck it up. If you can't take the heat don't take
fire prevention training. There's no easy button for EMT or
anything like it...FGS. "Get my Valium stat we GOT A BLISTER!"

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst

how do you accomodate anxiety and depression ???

Hopefully you red flag this kind of behavior, because her need to work this job is obviously more important than her capabilities.

Killer nurses

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

These people will destroy our country.

We will never be able to maintain a competitive edge by yielding to the least capable.

Those who can, find a way.

Those who can't will fail or in modern society hope to live in the US.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321

Ah.. more "bend over to accommodate ME" people. How is someone with anxiety and depression going to handle working in an ER exactly?

Let them deal with that when they get to it. Disability laws require that reasonable accommodations be made to anyone while attending classes and an instructor that's not answering questions from one person while answering them from others in the class violates that. The school needs to allow her to take them, if she ultimately can't do the job then she can't do it but that really has no bearing on her getting the degree.
edit on 16-5-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

What more are they suppose to do ? They allowed her to choose the location and how she was to take the test. She took the exam and did not pass. Only after she dictated how she she be allowed to take the exam and failed is she now saying that it was the wrong location because she was afraid that the teacher would not answer her questions, not that the teacher didn't answer her question only that she was afraid the teacher wouldn't.

She already received accommodations, special accommodations which she dictated and still failed the test. Now she just needs to retake the course and retake the test. Its just that simple...the school didn't do anything wrong.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: Aazadan

What more are they suppose to do ? They allowed her to choose the location and how she was to take the test. She took the exam and did not pass. Only after she dictated how she she be allowed to take the exam and failed is she now saying that it was the wrong location because she was afraid that the teacher would not answer her questions, not that the teacher didn't answer her question only that she was afraid the teacher wouldn't.

She already received accommodations, special accommodations which she dictated and still failed the test. Now she just needs to retake the course and retake the test. Its just that simple...the school didn't do anything wrong.

Her claim in the article was that she did call the instructor with a question and that the instructor didn't answer. I suppose phone records could prove this one way or the other. To quote the relevant part from the article:

The lawsuit claims that during the final, Burbella tried to call Tomkins on her cell phone to ask questions but she never answered.

Her entire case pretty much relies on that claim being true. She has a good point in my opinion if it's accurate. If it's not then she doesn't, but she has the burden of proof and that assumes the instructor was taking questions from anyone. On some tests you're being tested not just on the answer but on your ability to interpret a question and figure out what the problem is asking for in the first place, on such things it's common for an instructor to not clarify anything.
edit on 16-5-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Um...

Wow... those are not character traits which make for a stellar ER nurse. It is one thing to fail an exam because of improper or lacklustre educational standards, poor teaching staff, or incomplete curriculum issues, and complain, but it is quite another to simply fail as a result of ones own temperament, and make it someone else's problem! That is just nonsense!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
She can be my Spung Bath Nurse....

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Lol that's what I was just thinking... I got 2 kids under 2 at the moment... I'm kinda living a cash cow if stress and anxiety pay out!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
She can be my Spung Bath Nurse....

What happens if u got woody???...wouldn't that freak her out??...in anycase thank God she didn't decide to be part of any bomb squad.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hmm, this sounds familiar. If the nursing thing doesn't work out maybe she can try her hand at fire fighting.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What is there to say?

I'm really hoping the judge raises her stress level by telling her no.

*sigh*

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Um...

Wow... those are not character traits which make for a stellar ER nurse. It is one thing to fail an exam because of improper or lacklustre educational standards, poor teaching staff, or incomplete curriculum issues, and complain, but it is quite another to simply fail as a result of ones own temperament, and make it someone else's problem! That is just nonsense!

It doesn't really matter whether or not she can be an ER nurse, but she should have a fair shot at passing the education standards. What she ultimately can or cannot do with that education is up to her future employers and her. If she can't be a nurse, perhaps she can use the knowledge teaching others. Her claim if it's true, does sound like she was in a discriminatory testing environment since she couldn't ask questions.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Really?

Misericordiais a Catholic university, which I am sure was difficult to get into in the first place, because they would require high grades.

Misericordia's Guaranteed Placement Program (or GPP) is a development program pertaining to a student’s education. Established in 1999, the GPP assists students entering the workforce or graduate school after graduation. Students participate in the GPP for all four years of their college experience. If they do not receive a job offer or are not accepted into graduate/professional school within six months of graduation, the university gives them a paid internship in their chosen field

They would have gotten her a job anyway.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Um...

It doesn't really matter whether or not she can be an ER nurse, but she should have a fair shot at passing the education standards. What she ultimately can or cannot do with that education is up to her future employers and her. If she can't be a nurse, perhaps she can use the knowledge teaching others. Her claim if it's true, does sound like she was in a discriminatory testing environment since she couldn't ask questions.

What test are you allowed to ask questions in?

Did she at any time provide actual documentation from her own doctor that justified reasonable accommodation? Any college is pretty strict about that.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

If she can't even take a test in the same classroom as the rest of the students, how in the heck is she supposed to car for patients?!?!?!?!? Seems to me like she just can't handle the pressure, and likely cant handle the academics, either, and is using "disability" as an excuse to cover up her own failings. I am SO sick of carious claimed "mental" issues being called disabilities, and people demanding to be catered to because of them. There are people with real mental problems, that no one caters to, but people like her demand special treatment, carry pets all over, calling them "companion" animals, and more nonsense. Anxiety and depression should not be called a "disability". A problem, sure, and in need of treatment, but disability? What isn't a disability now?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join