It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has iran surpassed North Korea as 'the' rogue nation'?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Woopsies, my mistake! Apologies to all and sundry!

I literally laughed out loud at "freedom stations", now I have to get a cloth and wipe my tea off my monitor.....

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Personally speaking, neither Iran nor North Korea worry me in terms of the threat they might pose to my physical integrity.

North Korea however, worries me a great deal more, in terms of what its government do to its own citizens, huge numbers of them. The level of poverty, fear, and total dominion that the North Korean leadership have cast over everything that their citizens do, is frankly staggering, and the things you hear from defectors coming out of the country are awful beyond belief. They make Iran look like a kindergarten in comparison.
edit on 16-5-2015 by TrueBrit because: grammatical improvements.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
NK is closed off from your average western citizen so I can't muster a guess to who they really are as a country. I am sure it somewhere between what everyone says, more or less. What I do know, is that we (US) have been hostile towards them since before I was born. Service men staring each other in the face day and night since before I was born. As such, I can't expect to believe a word I am "told" about them. I suspect though, according to our interpretation, sure they're rogue.

In regards to Iran, I was under the impression they engage in discussions, have trade relations with and about to sign a nuclear agreement with western nations, so I'm confused how they are rogue. Maybe you meant the "Axis of Evil"

edit on 16-5-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Iran and N.Korea are at least similar by resisting America and rest of the Nato countries and those few families who want to control every damned country and what not. That is good merit in my books, keep the mid finger up for em lads!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: buster2010

Where's your proof it's not?

Your getting desperate in your posts.

At the moment, N.K. and Iran seem very, very ,similar.

The difference being Iran has a much stronger hand to play in regards to the world's economy...the Straight, Mess with that and that regime's life-span just got shorter, big time.

Sorry but I'm going to have to pull on you as you demanded of me. I want government sources of your claims and not Israeli propaganda sources. If you can't provide these then you are just another warmonger willing to make up and repeat lies to satisfy your blood-lust.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Secondly , on the issue of hamas and hezbollah , you HAVE to understand that muslim countries (actually most of the UN including the members of NAM ) don't categorize them as terrorist organizations . so you're argument worth zilch , period .

But do you? im curious...

human shields, death penalty for the 'crime' of homosexuality, rigged 'elections'...... do you still believe they are not terrorists?

PS. can i ask, is your username borrowed from the purim story?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
Iran and N.Korea are at least similar by resisting America and rest of the Nato countries and those few families who want to control every damned country and what not. That is good merit in my books, keep the mid finger up for em lads!

They don't resist America, they resist American enforced policies in the ME, economic warfare and subterfuge.

Exhibit A:

B-boying or breaking, also called breakdancing, is a style of street dance that originated among African American and Latino youth, many former members of the Black Spades, the Young Spades, and the Baby Spades during the mid 1970s. Breakdancing was further developed by Puerto Rican youth in New York City in the late 1970s to the early 1980s

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Has iran surpassed North Korea as 'the' rogue nation'?

What a nonsensical question.

Half of the Korean Peninsula is under occupation by the US military.

What is rogue if not invading and conquering another country for no reason?

All this propaganda presents is who heads the US Next Up list.

Are you insane?

Half of Korea is not "occupied" by the US.

South Korea is a free and sovereign nation.

They want/have wanted us there the entire time.

Oh I suppose it is your contention that the north should annex the south?

Thus spreading the norths ruinous ways to the very prosperous south.

I bet most folks would think it better for all involved for the south to annex the north, and spread freedom and prosperity then the other way around.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Well i did not meant for some dances, its bit more serious than that really

By resisting America, if that really was not clear for you folks, i meant things like those drones, mercenaries, banksters etc for dictating their life and countries. Its real shame that not more countries join up the resisting forces, maybe later it will be absolutely must join for many other countries as well.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Spin as you will. Seizing ships in international waters and taking their cargo/holding their crews will get Iran no brownie points….even N.K. doesn't do that….

Neither nation has invaded anyone.

US wages aggressive war, no big deal. "Stealing" a ship? High crimes and misdemeanors, lol.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

US wages aggressive war, no big deal. "Stealing" a ship? High crimes and misdemeanors, lol.

These sort of people get there morality from the talking heads on fox news.

If fox news says its evil then its evil, if it righteous and justified then its righteous and justified.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I bet most folks would think it better for all involved for the south to annex the north, and spread freedom and prosperity then the other way around.

Annex and spread freedom with military might though, right? Only warmongers think that way.

News Flash, not every body thinks it so good to belong in the western fold. Ask The floods of refugees from Africa and the Middle East, the Italians, Greek and Eastern Ukrainians, and the rest of the un hegeomized nations of the world.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Well i did not meant for some dances, its bit more serious than that really

By resisting America, if that really was not clear for you folks, i meant things like those drones, mercenaries, banksters etc for dictating their life and countries. Its real shame that not more countries join up the resisting forces, maybe later it will be absolutely must join for many other countries as well.

I understood what you were saying but perhaps my point was lost. Let me reiterate. I don't feel the Iranian people resist the American people. I think most generally understand American Foreign Policy doesn't reflect the will of the people and we ourselves our just as voiceless as they are. For example, there are many Americans on here that voice their opinion against US foreign policy, but alas, it falls on deaf ears.
edit on 16-5-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

I was in SK for a tech expo a few years back, and the general impression I got was that they love us.

They have been domesticated. Whole generations have grown up not knowing any different than Big Brother, US.

The occupation of Korea is highly geo-militarily important. More about control of the entire region and caging China than about how well some convention goers like our tech and money.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
No worries.

Once the western world has managed to take full control of Iran, its peoples, its banking system, its political arena, and its natural resources... our media overlords will inform us that Iran is our new bestest friends.

And all will be good in the world once again.

edit on 16-5-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Trucker -- Sorry, but I think you're off the mark here. There is little to compare between the two countries. I wish you'd go to youtube and look at some vids of life in Iran, and life in NK. Apples and oranges.

Iran: the streets are bustling with people moving about, eating in restaurants, teens out and about talking on cell phones with their friends, shopping at busy, modern malls. Living their lives and apparently enjoying them.

In NK, the streets are mostly empty. The highways and skyscrapers are mostly for show. You notice one or two cars on a large freeway. The people are mostly poor. So many people imprisoned for things like "not crying at a funeral". And you know they actually consider Kim a deity? The family is the religion, and he permits people to worship him. A little scrooge of a tyrant, with in-bred traits of psychopathy.

Iranians want to be happy. NK's don't know what happiness is. We cannot DO anything to Iran, except what we are doing, which is to establish diplomatic ties, and continue talks.

With NK, it's more a matter of trying to protect ourselves and the rest of the world from their crazy-ass leadership.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Secondly , on the issue of hamas and hezbollah , you HAVE to understand that muslim countries (actually most of the UN including the members of NAM ) don't categorize them as terrorist organizations . so you're argument worth zilch , period .

But do you? im curious...

human shields, death penalty for the 'crime' of homosexuality, rigged 'elections'...... do you still believe they are not terrorists?

PS. can i ask, is your username borrowed from the purim story?

Here in Canada it is illegal to publicly voice support for group that our conservative regime classifies as a "Terrorist organization."

Basically here in Canada it is illegal to argue a "Jewish Holocaust" it is illegal to voice support for Israel's enemies and it might soon be illegal to refuse to do business with Israel.

If Israel and the classification of her enemies are so just, then how come they need such draconian laws to get people to support them and their views?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

First of all, I don't like any of them. Period. Second, I can only draw my opinion based on the information at hand.

The whole point of my threads, at least, are to expand that information base and learn! Next, I don't care what 'most of the Muslim world' thinks about Hamas and Hezbollah. There's is also opinion.

Re supporting Isis, etc, I agree wholeheartedly. That's another issue entirely and lies with Obama.( Not to mention the U.S. is currently coordinating with Iran in regards to military actions in Iraq....go figure)

I always consider my opinion worth zilch. It doesn't change anything anyways...still it's the only one Ive got...

There are a few omissions in your post regarding the straight and the stated intentions of Iran. (I expected a fair amount of rebut on my positioning of Iran on this issue...LOL)

The bottom line is there are those that hold similar views of Iran as I do and they have considerably more power than thee and me. These acts do nothing to enhance their position with the coalition that I can see.

If you can't see how that could be, then I suggest you take a second look at it.

My basic rebut is Iran has the wherewithal to address any issues with ship lines via legal means. PERIOD. Especially in these times. Flexing your muscles, in the long run, with the U.S. is ill advised. I do put these actions in a similar vein as N.K.'s. Incomprehensable, ill-advised....stupid probably describes it best.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I'd agree with you on it being illegal for those views or commenting on them. (Regarding the holocaust, etc.)

One can't legislate stupidity out of existence....

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I'd agree with you on it being illegal for those views or commenting on them. (Regarding the holocaust, etc.)

One can't legislate stupidity out of existence....

I don't know. We legislate stupidity INTO existence all the time. Like being legislated to believe what you are told and don't argue... it would be quite easy to legislate that stupidity away from our existence. So you are wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join