It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has iran surpassed North Korea as 'the' rogue nation'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There has been an almost complete consensus that N.K. leadership was the worst on the planet. Unbelievably repressive to it's people, constant sword rattling with the south and the U.S.. Then there's counterfeit money, signs of drug running and smuggling.

Having said that, any overt actions have been directed to their cousins to the south. No real overt moves against anyone else that I'm aware of.

However, with the recent actions of Iran using their navy to pirate ships from international waters and retaining their crews under the guise of debts owed by the ship lines, Iran seems to have moved into the same level as N.K. and perhaps has surpassed them.

When these recent acts by Iran are added on top of their Hamas and Hezbollah activities throughout the ME, can Iran now be considered the top of the 'out of their minds' leadership on the planet?

Their actions become even more of a head-scratcher when there's ongoing nuclear negotiations with the U.S. and the coalition.

In my view, it's as outright crazy as anything by the North Koreans.

All it does for me is harden my stance against any slack given Iran in those negotiations and probably increases the resolve of the international community to also harden it's stance as well.

As Iran appears to be following the rhetoric and path taken by N.K. in it's initial nuclear development, it looks like the same level of rationality is being used....none.

Thoughts?

edit on 15-5-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't say what Iran is doing is piracy, it could be a ploy though to assist smuggling, ie. The ship is sailing to Australia with tractor parts but Iran intercepts it for debts, brings it into harbour, takes off their centrifuge and then releases it....

But no one outside of the media seems to be calling Iran out over a few boats, why has this seemingly insignificant and legal activity suddenly make them into a bigger threat? I think you are overreacting.

I think Iran is no threat to the west and neither is NK. I think that NK is a nasty little country but we have all seen what regime change be westerners does. They have to do that themselves.

I think Iran is moving on the right path to reintegrate with the world.

You don't mention some African countries, just as bad as North korea and worse than Iran for "piracy".

What about China building new land? That's more aggressive to Thailand, Japan, Vietnam, or is that ok because it's not America under threat?

What about Russia annexation of Crimea and threats to other surrounding countries? Or is that ok because it's not the POTAS saying they are a threat directly to America?

How is NK or Iran any threat to me in Australia, to Europe, Russia, China any one?

Nah, over reaction and really does bother me that this threat is propagated my MSM.

In my opinion.

edit on 15 5 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

However, with the recent actions of Iran using their navy to pirate ships from international waters and retaining their crews under the guise of debts owed by the ship lines, Iran seems to have moved into the same level as N.K. and perhaps has surpassed them.

Where is your proof it was piracy? Where is your proof the ship was taken from international waters? You do know a good portion of the straits is Iran's territorial waters don't you?

When these recent acts by Iran are added on top of their Hamas and Hezbollah activities throughout the ME, can Iran now be considered the top of the 'out of their minds' leadership on the planet?

Hamas and Hezbollah is now throughout the ME? Hamas is in the open air prison known as Gaza and Hezbollah is in Lebanon and Syria. You know Syria it's where we helped to start a civil war and train people so they will be helpful to ISIS.

Their actions become even more of a head-scratcher when there's ongoing nuclear negotiations with the U.S. and the coalition.

Yes wanting peace and having sanctions lifted on their nation can be confusing to some people.

All it does for me is harden my stance against any slack given Iran in those negotiations and probably increases the resolve of the international community to also harden it's stance as well.

Where is this proof of the international community hardening their stance against Iran. Except for that warmongering Nazi Benny and his boot-lickers in the American government most of the world supports the negotiations with Iran after all Iran has all that oil and natural gas and the world can't wait to get their hands on it.

Thoughts?

I would suggest with your denial of real world facts you should be writing for FOX you would fit right in.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Good points.

I wasn't suggesting Iran was the only problem at all.

I would disagree with your assessment on seizing shipments for it's debts. More likely, IMO, is that is merely a cover story for setting a precedence for control of the Straight.

Again, I fully acknowledge the other issues you mention, however, these acts by Iran are minimized by many, and apparently you, as well.

I do not.

Messing with the Straight is messing with the world economy, from oil prices to insurance rates. Perhaps a blackmail attempt?

Seizing a ship and stealing it's cargo is the definition of piracy. Done by a gov't, by marque, or privateers.

Perhaps you might look at it again from that viewpoint....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Where's your proof it's not?

Your getting desperate in your posts.

At the moment, N.K. and Iran seem very, very ,similar.

The difference being Iran has a much stronger hand to play in regards to the world's economy...the Straight, Mess with that and that regime's life-span just got shorter, big time.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Has iran surpassed North Korea as 'the' rogue nation'?

What a nonsensical question.

Half of the Korean Peninsula is under occupation by the US military.

What is rogue if not invading and conquering another country for no reason?

All this propaganda presents is who heads the US Next Up list.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Haha, who cares?

People will hate who the media, financed by the rich & powerful, tell them to hate. Not saying all folks, but a percentage almost certainly will

And had a look at incarceration rates:

Iran has a rate of 284 in 100,000, United States has 707 (not including juveniles), surprise, surprise and it's Iran being repressive to it's people?

en.wikipedia.org...

Iran is not a threat to any country, it's the aggressive countries who are obssessed with threat and being threatened eg. Israel, U.S., and they will use this idea to also garner support for use of violence.

can Iran now be considered the top of the 'out of their minds' leadership on the planet

For real? There's one country on this planet currently involved in covert operations in 100 plus other countries, that country has also been involved in numerous coups & illegal take-overs of countless other countries, it has also spied illegally on practically everyone including it's own people and used this pratice to influence corporate deals.

The above described is NOT Iran

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Less than 30,000 troops, there at the bequest of the South Korean gov't...yeah right..

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

One doesn't incarcerate when execution is cheaper.

I see many Iranian immigrants in North America. Jewish, Christian and Muslim. One don't see massive numbers of Americans immigrating to Iran.

It makes me wonder how many of the "Iran supporters" are, in fact, using Iran as a proxy in their anti-American/anti-Israeli sentiments....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Less than 30,000 troops, there at the bequest of the South Korean gov't...yeah right..

Is that the official line? Empires always say crap like that about the countries they invade.

"We were invited".

"Just a smallish army, nothing to get excited about."

(save it for the kiddies)
edit on 15-5-2015 by intrptr because: additional

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That's not how you spell Israel.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Zcustosmorum

One doesn't incarcerate when execution is cheaper.

I see many Iranian immigrants in North America. Jewish, Christian and Muslim. One don't see massive numbers of Americans immigrating to Iran.

It makes me wonder how many of the "Iran supporters" are, in fact, using Iran as a proxy in their anti-American/anti-Israeli sentiments....

''Iran Supporters'', who and where are these people? I'd like to apologize to them for the way in which the media portays Iran, it's embarrassing I know

Execution rates? Do you honestly believe Iran has a higher execution rate than the U.S.?
edit on -180002015-05-15T21:40:33-05:000000003331201533052015Fri, 15 May 2015 21:40:33 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Before I address the specific contents of your OP, I'm going to ask you 4 simple questions so I know to what degree you are marine qualified as the accusations you make warrants me asking first.

1. Do you have any formal marine qualifications, and if so, to what extent?
2. Are you aware of the Maritime Labour Convention and it's contents regarding the protection of seafarers rights?
3. Are you familiar with a vessels MSM certificate (not to be confused with her SMS cert) and the ramifications of breaching that?
4. Are you aware that merchant Navy and military navy do not work on the same set of rules and can you point out those differences?

edit on 15-5-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thats one funny thread, iran and north korea have nothing in common, plz educate yourself before making foolish assumptions.
edit on 15-5-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Yea been that way for a good while really. Early 80s. They need their ass kicked far worse than Iraq ever did.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

So this 'change of subject' somehow excuses Iranian actions?

Seems like there's a number out there that are squirming over pointing out the similarities between Iran and N.K..

Spin as you will. Seizing ships in international waters and taking their cargo/holding their crews will get Iran no brownie points....even N.K. doesn't do that....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Forensick

Good points.

I wasn't suggesting Iran was the only problem at all.

I would disagree with your assessment on seizing shipments for it's debts. More likely, IMO, is that is merely a cover story for setting a precedence for control of the Straight.

Again, I fully acknowledge the other issues you mention, however, these acts by Iran are minimized by many, and apparently you, as well.

I do not.

Messing with the Straight is messing with the world economy, from oil prices to insurance rates. Perhaps a blackmail attempt?

Seizing a ship and stealing it's cargo is the definition of piracy. Done by a gov't, by marque, or privateers.

Perhaps you might look at it again from that viewpoint....

I didn't realise they stole anything from the ships, and I don't know anything about maritime law so not really qualified to talk but, the Media seem to love to over exaggerate Iran and in this case, it doesn't seem like anyone is that concerned, or as concerned as you seem to be and I don't know why? The 'crime' of piracy by Iran in your accusation doesn't really seem to warrant them becoming a super threat to the world now ahead of NK.

Sorry, I just don't agree, I don't see why Iran would suddenly start piracy.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Hmm, Maybe. Still, they're as Chinese invention. Let them deal with N.K..

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sir, I am aware, via your previous posts, you knowledge of the area. I completely cede to you in that arena. In short, the answer to all four is a resounding no...

I read your posts carefully and learn from them.

However, be it Maritime law, The U.S. constitution, likely Magna carta and most certainly the Geneva Convention was violated by the same people who wrote/approved them, in all probability, the very next day.

Surely you see my point on the timing of these acts and the potential to disrupt any meaningful negotiations. You, yourself, stated that this issue could take considerable time to be sorted out on a legal basis.

Taken in an overview, the political, financial, military considerations, I see the legal aspect as taking a back-seat in a hurry if this is viewed by TPTB as I suggest (as a possibility).

Much like British concerns on the Suez canal's freedom of movement and the creation of Israel, as a result. The Straight is similarly critical to the world's economy.

Justice may be blind, sir, I am not.

edit on 15-5-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Im having a hard time figuring out you thread, if you seriously think that iran is on par or worst than north korea, go to your library and get some history books, you wont learn much watching fox news or reading blogs.
edit on 15-5-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join