It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Jury Reaches Penalty Verdict in Boston Marathon Bombing Trial - Livestream

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That should tell you something right there, show me another case where the defendant pleads not guilty and the lawyer proceeds to tell the court of his guilt.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OMG

I can't even fathom what kind of mind has determined this is a staged conspiracy.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's slightly concerning to see people reveling in the death of anyone.
Obviously his crime was severe, obviously he deserves punishment, but this is still a Human we are talking about here, and one who was potentially led into acting in such a violent way by his psycho brother.

Anyone who understands the complexities of psychology would never accept that execution is the right form of "punishment" for such people.

What will be achieved by killing him?

It won't bring anyone back, it won't remove any damage done, and despite what some think, it will not give any of the victims "justice", only vengeance.

What it will do is encourage and embolden other radicals who will see him as some form of martyr.

And if he wasn't to be executed, he would spend the rest of his life contemplating what he did, how he destroyed lives, how he destroyed his own. In addition, the things we might learn about what makes someone like him act in the way he did might lead to us being able to prevent thousands of other such atrocities around the world.

I will never agree with the death penalty, even though cases like this make me angry enough to almost change my mind, it's still not right or sane.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I still say, I am firm in my belief that he was a murderer. Justice was served, and he will now pay for his crimes. The evidence against him is overwhelming, and anyone that does not see that should reconsider their position IMO.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

He will never have an opportunity to inflict pain on others in this world. It is a punishment for a crime, a crime which will affect numerous families in a very deep and real way for the rest of their lives. Do I wish it long and drawn out so he suffers, no. Make it quick, painless and humane.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
OMG

I can't even fathom what kind of mind has determined this is a staged conspiracy.

Everything is a conspiracy for some here, it's delusional and irrational.
And now that I've said that, those same people will now brand me a "shill", because they cannot face the fact that they are wrong.

These days too many (mostly young) people believe every YouTube opinion they see and accept without question every random conspiracy blogger they read, their suspicion against their own nation and government is so ingrained in their psyche they will actively reject reality in favor of their conspiracy. It's gotten so bad that they use previously unproven conspiracies as a form of evidence to support the next one - it's all built on layers of bs.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

OMG

I can't even fathom what kind of mind has determined that a kid should die when no physical evidence proves he did it. All you are clinging on to is the fact that through hearsay he confessed two different times and his lawyer sold him out.

Where's the physical evidence that he bombed those people??

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

He will never have an opportunity to inflict pain on others in this world. It is a punishment for a crime, a crime which will affect numerous families in a very deep and real way for the rest of their lives. Do I wish it long and drawn out so he suffers, no. Make it quick, painless and humane.

He would be imprisoned for life in a maximum security facility, incapable of causing harm to anyone. The notion that it's either death or freedom to kill again is a bs argument.

There's no denying that those affected will be affected for the rest of their lives, but killing him will not change that one little bit. Again, the suggestion that killing him changes this is nonsense.

The punishment is wrong. It achieves nothing positive, when so much more might be achieved by not executing him.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

He would be incarcerated, until the law changed in some way, or a loophole discovered, which could set him free, or reduce his sentence. Frankly, I do not put a whole lot of long-term faith in the justice system.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Where's the physical evidence that he bombed those people??

1. The video and photographic evidence of them arriving with those backpacks.
2. The witnesses who saw these two men place those devices.
3. The devices themselves exploding and killing/maiming so many people.
4. The several days of violence occurring after the fact, while the two tried to run.
5. The written statement at the scene of his apprehension.
6. The admission through his lawyer that he committed the crime.

But let me guess, you think the thousands of people affected were all "actors", that the "evil CIA" emptied out the city and replaced everyone with actors for the day?
Or maybe you believe that the one loon who claimed there was an "exercise" was telling the truth, even though he's been called out as being a fantasist already and everything he stated has been debunked?
Or maybe you believe in the photos of the "black ops agents" (who were actually security), images taken out of frame and out of context by other conspiracy nuts to support their own make believe fantasy?

Now, please, tell us again what evidence you have to say that these two didn't do what it is proven they did in actual fact do.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

He would be incarcerated, until the law changed in some way, or a loophole discovered, which could set him free, or reduce his sentence. Frankly, I do not put a whole lot of long-term faith in the justice system.

So you mean maybe one day he might be found... innocent?
So your solution to the potential problem of one day being found innocent of the crime is to murder him before that can happen?

Better get him "out of the way" just in case it's later proven that he didn't actually commit the crime?

That's a perfect example of everything that's wrong with the death penalty right there.

The only "loophole" that would see him released from a multiple life sentence would be if he were later found to be innocent.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

OMG

An educated non manipulated critical thinker. I know, I know, they're rare but have not quite gone by way of the Dodo.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm glad this is all over with.

He had a trial.
He was represented.
A jury found him guilty of crimes and from that, he is no longer allowed to live in the world of men.

Time to remember the dead, the injured, the maimed.

Time for all those hurt, to heal.

Time for this piece of offal to take a dirt nap.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

So you mean maybe one day he might be found... innocent?
So your solution to the potential problem of one day being found innocent of the crime is to murder him before that can happen?

Better get him "out of the way" just in case it's later proven that he didn't actually commit the crime?

That's a perfect example of everything that's wrong with the death penalty right there.

The only "loophole" that would see him released from a multiple life sentence would be if he were later found to be innocent.

No, now you are trying to put words into my statement that are not there. I never said he would be found innocent....did I. Please point out that to me. The justice system is notorious for lowering sentences due to liberal viewpoints that completely ignore the victims of the crimes. The victims suffer....repeatedly. If the jury decides he is to face the death penalty...as a PENALTY for his crimes, then I say get it over as quickly and humanely as possible. I fell np need to stoop to his level and wish him long and painful suffering.

Quick
Painless
Done.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

OMG

An educated non manipulated critical thinker. I know, I know, they're rare but have not quite gone by way of the Dodo.

Not believing something despite over whelming evidence, just for the sake of bucking status quo and claiming to be a critical thinkinker , is actually quite the opposite....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is a good decision.

Every time I see that little kid who died in this tragedy it breaks my heart.

For that little guy alone this rat, of course if hes guilty, deserves death...and worse.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

LOL , Right ....

So you have faith that he was guilty based on the justice system but you have no faith he would remain locked up if given a life sentence .....?

every patsy has to die , thats just how it has to go ....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

OMG

Not believing something despite over whelming evidence, just for the sake of bucking status quo and claiming to be a critical thinkinker , is actually quite the opposite....

*ZING!!!*

Overwhelming evidence? You clearly don't have the faintest idea what the meaning of "overwhelming" is.

Besides, I've learned long ago never waste my time arguing anything that is tied to a national taboo. Peoples sensibilities get all frazzled, which incidentally is how scumbags can pull things off like 911. Enjoy the bull# sandwich though, yum yum.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

yeah youre being objective, or you could show the face shots of him carrying it.....

why are you being so dishonest when you know there are these pics out there...

edit on 5/15/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

OMG

*ZING!!!*

Overwhelming evidence? You clearly don't have the faintest idea what the meaning of "overwhelming" is.

Besides, I've learned long ago never waste my time arguing anything that is tied to a national taboo. Peoples sensibilities get all frazzled, which incidentally is how scumbags can pull things off like 911. Enjoy the bull# sandwich though, yum yum.

Mmm its easy to throw out accusations like that........

Yet you have no proof to the contrary that he didnt do this, so wheres your proof to counter claim the evidence that he did!
edit on 5/15/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join