It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

professor says catholic university has to much catholic imagery. hmm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

do all religions indoctrinate their kids from birth?

All religions indoctrinate their kids from birth. Not all religious individuals indoctrinate their kids from birth. So yes and no.

edit on 15-5-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Yes they all teach their beliefs to their children as is a parents right. Some choose to follow and some don't.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Never said it wasn't a parents right but I think the point being made (by the girl and now me because I have always sort of felt this but never really considered it) that if people from certain religions are attacked for bringing up their children on one religion why is it okay for another. My parents are Roman Catholic but have never pushed religion on me. What I'm saying is that maybe parents and people shouldn't force religion like going to church etc. on to their kids until their kids are old enough to decide for themselves surely that is indoctrination.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that maybe parents and people shouldn't force religion like going to church etc. on to their kids until their kids are old enough to decide for themselves surely that is indoctrination.

Where were you 40 years ago? I couldn't say that to my JW Mum.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It seems that Banzhaf was ignored as a child and needs attention.

As a lawyer, of sorts, how does he plan to determine what excessive imagery is and what normal levels of imagery are for the Catholic University of America? This will be an interesting case if the judge doesn't toss it as a frivolous lawsuit.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
In other news I went to France and they spoke too much French. Definitely suing.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Never said it wasn't a parents right but I think the point being made (by the girl and now me because I have always sort of felt this but never really considered it) that if people from certain religions are attacked for bringing up their children on one religion why is it okay for another. My parents are Roman Catholic but have never pushed religion on me. What I'm saying is that maybe parents and people shouldn't force religion like going to church etc. on to their kids until their kids are old enough to decide for themselves surely that is indoctrination.

Hmmmmm, lets' look at this from another angle.

Maybe parents shouldn't push their morals onto kids (i.e. like how to act in public places and treat people in general) until their kids are old enough to decide for themselves. Surely if you do that with your kid before the kid can decide you are indoctrinating them ... right?

For a lot of parents, the church stuff IS part of teaching their children how to behave and treat other people.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Really, next they'll be flying a flag on the White House....

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NickK3
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Really, next they'll be flying a flag on the White House....

Wait, "White" House? Clearly racial. I am suing.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Very good question.

A Catholic Uni. is going to be rather full of iconography, I should think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join