It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

professor says catholic university has to much catholic imagery. hmm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I can't even put into words how stupid this make people look. Maybe dumbfounded is the proper word.

George Washington University Law School Professor John Banzhaf filed a human rights complaint to the D.C. Office of Human Rights against Catholic University for hindering Muslim students’ free exercise of their faith due to the “excessive” amount of “Catholic imagery” on campus.

Huh, catholic imagery at catholic university. Thats more rare than unicorn farts.

dcgazette.com...#

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

My response to the professor.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

And they will probably win.

I expect the "Separation of church (christian that is) and education" campaign coming shortly with recent events and comments from politicians.
edit on 15-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I can agree with the separation in public schools but not private ones.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Seems this lawyer has made it his life's work to file lawsuits . I guess he just throws crap against the wall to see what sticks .

Those that agree with him will be here shortly . How dare a Catholic school use religious imagery !!!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
How soon before they open the re-education camps for Christians...? Just jokin , or am I ?

edit on 15-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I would ordinarily classify this as cultural erosion but, considering the context and subject, it is nothing less than litigative intimidation with clearly expressed irreligious intent.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It's like suing the Boy Scouts because they don't allow girls which would be equally stupid.

It's not like anyone forces someone to go to that university.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Well it seems that we know now to whom the crappy professor is catering too, yeah, lets turn the "Catholic University into a Muslim one

If the Muslim students wants to have their religion icons in campus by all mean go to the middle east and attend the Muslim schools there.

What a joke, the sad thing is that some people will agree with the professors agendas, The best way to destroy a nation is from within.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Go after the Catholic Church? Why? Was a smaller target not available? Good luck.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I love Catholic University. Every Christmas we go down to the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception that is on campus. It's awesome and inspirational. And when we go to the Cherry Blossom Festival in April we park at Catholic University and take the red line in. Anyone who doesn't like the campus is free to go to school somewhere else.

I find the complaint against the university to be excessive.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I guess now ISIS will have another target in the US, go after religious institutions for no conforming to the Muslim Islamic ideologies.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I guess now ISIS will have another target in the US, go after religious institutions for no conforming to the Muslim Islamic ideologies.

I get that but why the CC? They are the strongest religious institution in the west. It's a no win situation.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I get that but why the CC? They are the strongest religious institution in the west. It's a no win situation.

It's Ali vs foreman.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I know, but I been having a feeling this days about ISIS that they are testing grounds to see how far they can go, perhaps the professor is just a money seeker and nothing else, or it could be just the starting of a battler for more than just constitutional rights under freedom of religion for Americans Christians to be obligated to recognize Islam as an equal to Christianity in the US.

You never know. We know that is been some pushing around in public schools lately and Islamic teachings.

But then again it could just be me and my conspirators mind.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

...perhaps the professor is just a money seeker and nothing else...

I'd lay money on that.

or it could be just the starting of a battler for more than just constitutional rights under freedom of religion for Americans Christians to be obligated to recognize Islam as an equal to Christianity in the US.

It isn't? Freedom of religion and all. That's a different conversation though.
edit on 15-5-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
But...but...but...but....its a Catholic University. How stupid are people. If I did not want to see Catholic Iconography. I would not go to a Catholic University. Its not like they are the only game in town.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

It isn't? Freedom of religion and all. That's a different conversation though.

You bet your buns that is going to be a heated topic as sentiments starts to spark all around and from all sides.

I see the biggest experiment been happening since 2004 in the city of Detroit, but that is another topic for another type of thread.

edit on 15-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

This might be a tad off topic and might get moved but I have a question for people who are sort of into the whole religion debate, basically I work in a secondary school and sometimes go inside class to help out and the other day I was in an Religious Education class and the teacher was talking about how the world see Muslims and how they indoctrinate their children from birth and while standing there reading something to a young girl who has autism she said something that shocked me, she whispered to herself but it was loud enough that another girl and myself heard it was 'Yh they do that with other religions' I asked her what she meant and she said that 'When a baby is born into a family that has religion they make the baby go to church and prey when they're little is like how the Muslims people do it'.

Now I know it might shock you that she said it but she did, the teacher actually got a little annoyed when it was brought to her attention by the other girl and when the lesson ended the teacher said to me 'It makes you laugh how these kids are being brought up to accept that Muslim people aren't extremists', I said that I wasn't someone who judged a whole group of people by a few and the teacher seemed more offended by what I said than what she had said.

Anyway, My question is, do all religions indoctrinate their kids from birth?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

It depends, in countries that are mostly theocracies religious indoctrination is part of the society, In Islamic countries no only Islam is a religion but is also the laws they most follow, but in nations that exercises religious freedom like the US indoctrination still happens depending the religious views of a particular family, but as children grow into adults is no punishment if that adult decides for itself how his religious views will be exercised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join