It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Senate Votes to Eliminate 'Belief Exemption' from School Vaccinations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
hmmm...
So does that mean, that if you choose to home school, you will be exempt from paying taxes for the schools, that essentially the state is saying that you can no longer use?

What a crock.
Yet another freedom thrown to the wayside.

How about taking it a step further? Why should people without kids or don't have kids in school have to pay?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
If passed by the California Assembly (probable) and signed by the governor (assuredly), you will no longer be able to say "it's against my religion" (or anything else, for that matter) to prevent your children from being vaccinated... if you actually want them in a "public" school, that is.

Under this bill, you'll have to home school your children if you don't want them vaccinated. And we know what the government thinks of all that.

We're all being painted as "terrorists", one way or another. Anyway...

Reuters

California parents who do not vaccinate their children would have to home-school them under a bill passed Thursday by the state Senate, the latest move in a battle between public health officials and "anti-vaxxers" who fear vaccines are dangerous.

Let's stop there for a moment. Thanks, Reuters, for using derogatory verbiage that people associate with craziness (see added emphasis). Journalism at it's finest.

The bill, which eliminates the so-called personal beliefs exemption allowing parents to forego vaccinations if opposed to them for any reason, was introduced after a measles outbreak at Disneyland last year that sickened more than 100 people.

Almost sounds like a biological false flag at Disneyland, no? Hindsight is 20/20.

"The personal beliefs exemption is endangering the public," said Democratic state Senator Richard Pan, a pediatrician and co-author of the bill. The measure still allows children to attend school without vaccinations for medical reasons.

“The alarming increase in unvaccinated students places everyone at risk of contracting potentially fatal diseases," said state Senator Ben Allen, a Democrat from Santa Monica, whose father suffered from polio.

Translation:

We don't care what the people want, they are going to listen to us because we're the experts and we know what's in everyone's best interest--and if they don't listen to us, we'll force them to listen to us.

It's really childish, when all is said and done.

Other than bringing this to your attention (I didn't see anything posted on this bill specifically), I don't really have a whole lot more to say. The "vaccine debate" has been fleshed out so many times on ATS that the brass even made up their own official position on the matter via NLBS.

I'll simply end with this: they're gonna get ya. You can't send your kids to "public" schools without vaccinating them, and you can't home school your kids without being labeled an anti-government extremist.

They're gonna get ya. One way or another.

Who knows, though? Maybe the Assembly will kill it. The fact that it made it through the Senate so easily is disheartening enough, though. The hammer is most definitely dropping...

There is a reason that it's not just about you brah.

If enough people opt out of vaccinations for a given disease, the disease continues to spread or even multiply. There are entire mathematical and medical formulas for determining the exact amount or proportion of a given population that needs to be vaccinated, combined with the nature of the disease, transmission rate, etc, to arrest or stop a disease.

Although I am sympathetic or can comprehend some anti-vaccination arguments, someone not vaxxing isn't just affecting themselves, they are affecting the commons. If you don't vax, and it causes the disease to spread to others, it's not just about you.

This is the whole point of most pro-vaccination arguments. It's not... about you.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

If passed by the California Assembly (probable) and signed by the governor (assuredly), you will no longer be able to say "it's against my religion" (or anything else, for that matter) to prevent your children from being vaccinated... if you actually want them in a "public" school, that is.

Under this bill, you'll have to home school your children if you don't want them vaccinated. And we know what the government thinks of all that.

Reuters

California parents who do not vaccinate their children would have to home-school them under a bill passed Thursday by the state Senate, the latest move in a battle between public health officials and "anti-vaxxers" who fear vaccines are dangerous.

Let's stop there for a moment. Thanks, Reuters, for using derogatory verbiage that people associate with craziness (see added emphasis). Journalism at it's finest.

The bill, which eliminates the so-called personal beliefs exemption allowing parents to forego vaccinations if opposed to them for any reason, was introduced after a measles outbreak at Disneyland last year that sickened more than 100 people.

Almost sounds like a biological false flag at Disneyland, no? Hindsight is 20/20.

"The personal beliefs exemption is endangering the public," said Democratic state Senator Richard Pan, a pediatrician and co-author of the bill. The measure still allows children to attend school without vaccinations for medical reasons.

“The alarming increase in unvaccinated students places everyone at risk of contracting potentially fatal diseases," said state Senator Ben Allen, a Democrat from Santa Monica, whose father suffered from polio.

Translation:

We don't care what the people want, they are going to listen to us because we're the experts and we know what's in everyone's best interest--and if they don't listen to us, we'll force them to listen to us.

Other than bringing this to your attention (I didn't see anything posted on this bill specifically), I don't really have a whole lot more to say. The "vaccine debate" has been fleshed out so many times on ATS that the brass even made up their own official position on the matter via NLBS.

I'll simply end with this: they're gonna get ya. You can't send your kids to "public" schools without vaccinating them, and you can't home school your kids without being labeled an anti-government extremist.

Who knows, though? Maybe the Assembly will kill it. The fact that it made it through the Senate so easily is disheartening enough, though. The hammer is most definitely dropping...

If enough people opt out of vaccinations for a given disease, the disease continues to spread or even multiply. There are entire mathematical and medical formulas for determining the exact amount or proportion of a given population that needs to be vaccinated, combined with the nature of the disease, transmission rate, etc, to arrest or stop a disease.

Although I am sympathetic or can comprehend some anti-vaccination arguments, someone not vaxxing isn't just affecting themselves, they are affecting the commons. If you don't vax, and it causes the disease to spread to others, it's not just about you.

This is the whole point of most pro-vaccination arguments. It's not... about you.

Actually it "is about you" and it should be.

There is no Global surety that everyone will be vaccinnated for any single disease and there are no safeguards in place Globally to segregate people so I am afraid you are asking a specific group to become guinea pigs for Big Pharma.....in fact ha ha ha you are asking the most educated groups to become willingly ignorant and voluntarlily put their trust in Big Pharma...legeslation???that isnt even trust it is forced.....

There should be LAWS DEMANDING NO MORE THAN 25% OF OUR CHILDREN EVER RECIEVE THE SAME VACCINATIONS.

Humanity CANNOT put all of her eggs in one basket.

Who will we sue when we find out we neutered entire generations???Ever wonder how many babies were never born because of the Chemicals and crap China sent to us over the last 50 years???

No one is culpable here so DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO LEGESLATE FORCED RAPE OF YOUR OWN BODY AND AUTO-IMMUNE SYSTEM or allow the same to be done to your children.

Forcing a virus into your body is no different than forcing any other external foreign biological extension into any other part of your body,rape is rape,sanctioned by legeslation or not.

Who would be so derelict as to suggest we put all of our eggs in one basket?

edit on 15-5-2015 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Reuters

Translation:

There is no Global surety that everyone will be vaccinnated for any single disease and there are no safeguards in place Globally to segregate people so I am afraid you are asking a specific group to become guinea pigs for Big Pharma.....in fact ha ha ha you are asking the most educated groups to become willingly ignorant and voluntarlily put their trust in Big Pharma...legeslation???that isnt even trust it is forced.....

There should be LAWS DEMANDING NO MORE THAN 25% OF OUR CHILDREN EVER RECIEVE THE SAME VACCINATIONS.

Who will we sue when we find out we neutered entire generations???Ever wonder how many babies were never born because of the Chemicals and crap China sent to us over the last 50 years???

No one is culpable here so DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO LEGESLATE FORCED RAPE OF YOUR OWN BODY AND AUTO-IMMUNE SYSTEM or allow the same to be done to your children.

Forcing a virus into your body is no different than forcing any other external foreign biological extension into any other part of your body,rape is rape,sanctioned by legeslation or not.

This is what I am telling you.

For each disease, there are verifiable mathematical, medical formulas for what proportion of the population needs to be vaccinated. I don't think you guys were aware of this until now. I've actually calculated some of these rates in grad school.

It depends on a set of variables, from the transmission rate, recovery rate, disease, birth rate, death rate, etc. There is no one percentage.

Polio was nearly eradicated globally due to vaccines. Before that people were ravaged by it, including in the West.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So glad I don't live in this state anymore...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The government is selling the flesh of your babies to corporations.

Now the USG and it's army of dupes are urinating on the Geneva convention, the Nuremberg code of medical ethics and the US Constitution.

As soon as this passes, Pharma will jump in with 4-5 new vaccinations. It's a war for your very flesh folks. I suggest fighting now.

Pharmaceuticals, correctly prescribed, is already killing 300,000 people PER YEAR!!!! in the US and UK alone. It's the 4th leading cause of death!

source

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Reuters

Translation:

This is what I am telling you.

For each disease, there are verifiable mathematical, medical formulas for what proportion of the population needs to be vaccinated. I don't think you guys were aware of this until now. I've actually calculated some of these rates in grad school.

It depends on a set of variables, from the transmission rate, recovery rate, disease, birth rate, death rate, etc. There is no one percentage.

Polio was nearly eradicated globally due to vaccines. Before that people were ravaged by it, including in the West.

Death rates in the West were crashing well before the introduction of vaccines. You know that right? Source
The native human immune system is the best and most broad long term defense against bacteria, virus and fungus. 200M years of mammal evolution trumps what you learned in grad school. Sorry.

How technocrats shape public policy
Most published research findings are false
How scientific journals are corrupt.
Pay for play peer review
The FDA approval process is a sham

"It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine." -Marcia Angell, MD ("Drug Companies and Doctors: A story of Corruption." NY Review of Books, Jan. 15, 2009.)
edit on 15-5-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: added links

edit on 15-5-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: added more sources

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Nobody's forcing anyone to send their kids to public school. There's too much misinformation being thrown around, the issue was important for public health so they took the necessary steps to ensure the safety of the most people from preventable disease without forcing anyone to compromise their stances. I'm actually surprised there are still states which allow for non medical exemptions. I'm not certain why anyone's concerned by this legislation. It's unfortunate that it became necessary, but I figured those who choose not to vaccinate wouldn't want to send their kids to public school anyway.

These folks with unvaccinated children have been putting the most vulnerable population at the most risk.

Children left unvaccinated by parents choice vs. Children unable to be vaccinated due to pervasive medical conditions. The system can only support and educate one of those groups safely, and only one of those circumstances were created by someone's personal choice. I see this as the only fair course of action. Also, school taxes are paid by everyone, regardless of whether or not they have kids, it's considered an investment in the community for everyone.
edit on 15-5-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

There are entire mathematical and medical formulas for determining the exact amount or proportion of a given population that needs to be vaccinated, combined with the nature of the disease, transmission rate, etc, to arrest or stop a disease.

If it's such a refined science, why do they inundate us with fear and paranoia every time someone's got a little blood in their phlegm?

What happened to ebola? I thought it was supposed to kill us all. I thought there were "computer models" prepared by "experts" showing how virulent the strain is and how f# we all are.

These people don't have a clue.

And that is true no matter who this is about.
edit on 5/15/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hearows

Nobody's forcing anyone to send their kids to public school.

California Courts Effectively Ban Home Schooling

I am learning that, yes they are making it impossible to home school in cali unless you have "valid state teaching credential". So ya, they are forcing them to go to public school.
It's ridiculous, how these control freaks keep on going. And if you home school without the "credential" you get charged with Criminal truancy charges.

California Parents Could Get Jail Time if Kids Miss School

There's too much misinformation being thrown around, the issue was important for public health so they took the necessary steps to ensure the safety of the most people from preventable disease without forcing anyone to compromise their stances. I'm actually surprised there are still states which allow for non medical exemptions. I'm not certain why anyone's concerned by this legislation. It's unfortunate that it became necessary, but I figured those who choose not to vaccinate wouldn't want to send their kids to public school anyway.

Adverse Reactions

Misinformation like what they have in their own inserts?
I am not against vaccination per say but, until the insert does not include those pesky side effects like Death, Guillain–Barré syndrome and blindness etc, I would keep the children from it.

If it is such good science, please stop killing us with it. I think I saw someone point out here that pharmaceuticals are the 3rd or 4th largest killer now. OMFG!

These folks with unvaccinated children have been putting the most vulnerable population at the most risk.

Children left unvaccinated by parents choice vs. Children unable to be vaccinated due to pervasive medical conditions. The system can only support and educate one of those groups safely, and only one of those circumstances were created by someone's personal choice. I see this as the only fair course of action. Also, school taxes are paid by everyone, regardless of whether or not they have kids, it's considered an investment in the community for everyone.

Those folks are informed parents that can read the inserts and decide not to gamble with their children's lives. Sure they might live, but then again they might die. but oh well the majority will be OK so what the heck.

I also think you should pay for your own children's education, oh can't afford it? don't have kids. simple.
I know that sounds hard but man it's real. It's not an investment when you see what the schools roll out now-a-days.
As you can see I am no professional writer. But the kids today want to cry about their feeling when you tell them to do the job right. I have seen good works fired for hurting the feeling of a slacker that stays on the job, crazy. So no return on that forced investment.

I am no theist. I home schooled do to them not letting my son advance past the other children. The others could not even read in school, I am lucky my son was bright. The fool teacher even said I might want to put him on ritalin to slow him down, so he is like the others. WTF? Took me 2 weeks to figure out how become a school and transfer him to it. With the whole "no child left behind" BS, they did not want to advance him, it might hurt the feelings of the other rug rats. Again lucky I missed out on the whole Vaxxer Craze. I was in Kansas so I became a school and went on from there. He is grown now and doing great. Oh and he never had the measles, mumps or even influenza. I think he had a cold once, I disremember.

Anyway I do see your points, I just don't agree with them. And hey that is OK. It's not OK for me to make a law forcing you to agree with me.

PS I swear to all the gods I am not attacking you for your personal beliefs, I was injecting my opinion only.
I bet my one eyed, dyslectic butt misspelled all kinds of words here, sorry about that.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This state continues to be so effing stupid in its' priorities. I am so close to bailing. I love the Pacific but the nutters are just making it impossible to live a life without having my rights totally blown out.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hearows

Nobody's forcing anyone to send their kids to public school. There's too much misinformation being thrown around, the issue was important for public health so they took the necessary steps to ensure the safety of the most people from preventable disease without forcing anyone to compromise their stances. I'm actually surprised there are still states which allow for non medical exemptions. I'm not certain why anyone's concerned by this legislation. It's unfortunate that it became necessary, but I figured those who choose not to vaccinate wouldn't want to send their kids to public school anyway.

School taxes are not designed or intended to be " proxy licensing fees" which allow for impingement upon our childrens basic individual human rights .....using manipulated societal legeslation to FORCE A HUMAN BEING TO HAVE FOREIGN MATERIAL ENTERED INTO THEIR BIOLOGY is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

It is a matter of support either for the human immune systems ability to protect the individual or support for Big Pharmas ability to protect the individual and the CONSTELLATION OF PERIPHERAL RISKS pharmacuticals bring with them.

This is a decision which should be made by a Family directed individual growth process EXTERNAL to the Education environment and which should be ACCOMMODATED FULLY ON ALL SIDES by the Education process and its relevant legeslations.

In short the decision to vaccinate or not should be made at home BEFORE school or public concens are venerated.

This means that UNLESS EVERYONE SOCIETALLY AND GLOBALLY is also being forced to submit OR has agreed to with a majority to support vaccinations by legeslation then WE CANNOT REASONABLY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES expect or allow our children to be treated with any levels of incidentel predjudice because of the willingness of some people to abbrogate their human rights without fair considerations or processes to further their own agendas.

The Education System MUST accomodate ALL children from ALL philosophical religous and different backgrounds.....these are tenants of basic human rights..... Community or Municipality based By-Laws CANNOT be allowed to over-rule basic human rights.....or Federal laws.

If there is a problem with the Vaccines there is NO RECOURSE......your children are doomed and you and they have NO RECOURSE.....this is a risk you MUST TAKE ON YOUR OWN EXTERNAL TO THE COMMUNITY FORUM.You do NOT GET TO PROPOGATE your own "high-risk" behaviour choice into legeslated and enforced impact.

The Education Process is an extension of the Community Forum into which you must BRING your own personal decision about vaccinations,one already made and finalised......the Community Forum is then open to you with no prdjudices.

The System by Proxy affords and supports everyone there are no additional inputs needed by the Education System in terms of accepting the role of being an extension of the Community Forum....it doesnt cost anything to keep legeslation out of the equation and to accept individuals in an open forum of equality supported and enforced by all....which unfortunately means that NO VACCINATION LEGESLATION OR PREDJUDICIAL ENFORCEMENTS OF ANY SHAPE OR FORM SHOULD BE ALLOWED INTO THE EDUCATIONAL PROCESSES EQUATION...not under any circumstances.

On a more sober note.....Big Pharma is simply trying to "legeslate" itself more money by injecting our kids with god knows what types of retro-active viruses which could do god knows what to them over their lives......they could be filling our kids with ticking trojan horses which will make them DEPENDANT ON PHARMACUTICALS for their ENTIRE LIVES.
You give kids and parents a CHOICE of either using a SELF-VALUATED AND LEGESLATED natural curative agent of their own choice OR a pharmacutical curative agent accepting both methods as 100% equals and then we can talk more. This message has been brought to you courtesy of the time and poverty given by WCB Canada to it many participants past-present-and future ....a most fertile learning environment for the inquiring mind.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think the idea is to protect everyone, and it makes sense that if you are going to use a public service there may be some requirement for you to use it.

I don't remember ever hearing of any religion that had anything in it about vaccinations other than the general anti-medical belief of Christian Scientists.

It must be pretty convenient to be able to make up a religious exemption on the spot for anything you don't like. Maybe I can claim a religious exemption for sitting on my couch all day and not having to pay my bills?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join