It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Atheist Blogger Killed in Bangladesh

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
More proof that religion kills.

Atheism kills so it must also be a religion.

So far i believe atheism has the highest death toll for lives taken..Yeah Stalin executed Muslims, plenty of them

An atheist with a gun is no different to a muslim with a gun

I win the pissing contest

Point out in my post where I said atheism doesn't kill? Hard to have a debate with someone when they want to play king of the playground. Come back when you matured.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: ketsuko

lol, your accusation of the atheist left wing trying to violate the 1st amendment is hilarious and a blatantly incorrect claim. Its the fanatical right wing that are attempting to make Christianity a national religion in the US, which is a direct violation of the 1st amendment.

You guys are more dangerous to a rational society, than these crazy Muslims that are openly attacking atheist with machetes on the street.

Give this man a gun/machette, he will sort out the christian issue

I read a post like this and shake my head, its just sad.

Firstly, I'm glad the rumours are true about western Australians having access to the internet and that they actually know how to use it.

Also, it's comforting to know you recognize christians as an issue, that need to be sorted out.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

lol, your accusation of the atheist left wing trying to violate the 1st amendment is hilarious and a blatantly incorrect claim. Its the fanatical right wing that are attempting to make Christianity a national religion in the US, which is a direct violation of the 1st amendment.

You guys are more dangerous to a rational society, than these crazy Muslims that are openly attacking atheist with machetes on the street.

Oh my, you must live under a rock. Which is your favorite, Huntington Post or Daily KOS? Definitely one of those fanatics.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

OMG, am I being ganged up on and cyber bullied by the conservative bible-bashers? Simply for pointing out that there just as much of a contradiction as the Muslim fanatics.

Just don't threaten to prey for my soul, that just may tip this atheist heathen over the edge.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Not really religious people kill in the name of their chosen religion.

Atheists are not killing people for believing in any particular deity or for not believing.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As an atheist I don't care what/who/why people believe in religiously. I don't knock on people's doors and give them atheist pamphlets. I don't get together with other atheists and pat each other on the back about how we all agree on the same things. I don't have a "roof fund" for our pretend place of meeting. I don't get to claim tax exemption by holding no set of beliefs.

It's people who are religious, not all of them mind you, that balk and get butthurt when you casually mention that you don't see a difference between praying and talking to yourself/ wishful thinking.

I really dislike it when people say the US is a "christian nation" as if that needs to be a thing. They don't read history, ignore that many of the founding fathers were deists (which would be regarded as paganism by mainstream Christianity today), and as soon as you point out these facts they say things like "Well, God has protected our country." By that logic God also protected the Roman Empire as it had been around a helluva lot longer than the US.

I used to be a Christian, and then one day while in Sunday school I read some of the verses around the verse that was being discussed. I don't remember the exact book/verse/chapter, but as I recall it had to do with the Israelites finding the holy land and subsequently murdering everyone who lived there because God told them to. Like indiscriminately....men, women, children, animals. Salting fields so nothing would grow; just some evil stuff. I walked out of the room right then and never looked back. Just got in my car and left thinking what a complete waste of time going to church all those years had been. At least I got free lunch every Sunday.

The fact of the matter is, if you look at both Christianity and Islam they are at their core violent extremes. When the entire crux of your belief system relies on you being the only one who is right, and the others are fundamentally wrong and damned to a mythical fire pit - you have already dehumanized them. When you dehumanize someone it becomes easier to justify (in your head) their deaths at your hands.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
More proof that religion kills.

So far i believe atheism has the highest death toll for lives taken..Yeah Stalin executed Muslims, plenty of them

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And over here in the US, the political atheist left still thinks they can use Islam as their allies to kill of the Christian opposition. They don't see that they'll be the next ones in line to have their heads taken off.

Erm... No... There is a difference between trying to get Christians to stop being so bigoted towards Muslims and supporting Muslim extremism to get rid of Christianity... It would be nice if you learned the difference.
edit on 15-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

That really did go over your head.

Whatever helps you to justify that contradiction of basic logic.

You think that because they are religious and we are religious, we must be allies. You really aren't all that versed in politics are you?

The left wants the 1st Amendment gone. Both the gays and the Muslims are political tools for weakening the 1st Amendment. They are both being used by the political left to achieve that goal.

Notice how the left only pretends to respect one religion? It's because that one religion is useful for curtailing free speech. Watch how quickly Muslims speak out on campus and speakers are disinvited or certain groups slapped down for being insensitive in their speech. It's about controlling thoughts and speech. This is what I mean by an alliance between the left and Muslims.

This whole post is a huge strawman.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WHWIV

The fact of the matter is, if you look at both Christianity and Islam they are at their core violent extremes. When the entire crux of your belief system relies on you being the only one who is right, and the others are fundamentally wrong and damned to a mythical fire pit - you have already dehumanized them. When you dehumanize someone it becomes easier to justify (in your head) their deaths at your hands.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Yeah I agree, i feel the same way about all these hate inspiring posts

It just permeates this place, its just so sad your lives are so miserable.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

Not really religious people kill in the name of their chosen religion.

Atheists are not killing people for believing in any particular deity or for not believing.

Just spend a few seconds rereading what you wrote and think about it a little deeper.

Just try

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'm an atheist and my life is very fulfilling and satisfying. I have friends around me that I love dearly, I have job that I adore living in a country that I adore even more. I have no wants for any material goods, and live a simple life free of many of the excesses that permeate society today. I am truly happy where I am, being who I am, and I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's, ever. I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life.

Someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean it's automatically a "hate filled post". The moment you take your preconceived target off of your back, the happier you'll be.

Take care.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Atheist bloggers walkin' down the street in Bangladesh. Do they get it yet? Apparently not. Anti-Islam in an Islamic country, you will be thrown in prison or assassinated. Garland, Texas is HERE, not there.
a reply to: infolurker

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Parthin

Location does not excuse the crime.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Stalin killed in the name of communism not atheism,
Do you consider atheists to be communists?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Parthin

Location does not excuse the crime.

No, it doesn't excuse the crime, but those Christians and atheists that visit the Islamic countries know the risk when they go there. As well, anyone living there that is openly Christian or atheist, writing a blog about such, is just asking to be beaten or murdered.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I'm an atheist and my life is very fulfilling and satisfying. I have friends around me that I love dearly, I have job that I adore living in a country that I adore even more. I have no wants for any material goods, and live a simple life free of many of the excesses that permeate society today. I am truly happy where I am, being who I am, and I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's, ever. I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life.

Someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean it's automatically a "hate filled post". The moment you take your preconceived target off of your back, the happier you'll be.

Take care.

Thats great
either you have your life together or you are delusional. I have an issue with people who think like you because this world really sucks, there is so much injustice and pain. I dont live in a bubble, there is so much wrong, I cant pretend I am happy here.

My issue isnt with religion, be it muslim christian jewish or atheism. My issue is with people who take a particular group, be they believers or non and then attack them.

The issue is not belief, the issue is evil, every walk of life every belief has evil people in its association

johnb said
"Not really religious people kill in the name of their chosen religion.

Atheists are not killing people for believing in any particular deity or for not believing."

So my question is why do atheists kill people? Just for fun then?

oddly enough I have known some wonderful muslims who I consider good friends, not remotely like those portrayed.

I am not bothered by the target on my back, I am bothered that people are being targeted, bothered by all the hate spewed, bothered by all the targeting

an atheist wielding a gun is still an atheist

Reply to DR1 Akula

Stalin may have killed in the name of communism but he wanted and atheist state, his agenda was atheism.
The new Testament, the book written to christians teaching them how the must live to reach a relationship with God clearly states killing is wrong, there is no gray.
Do you consider a christian who kills a christian? Thats rhetorical

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You do realize that most atheists want nothing to do with religion right? The whole point of being an atheist is to try and live a life WITHOUT religious drama. There are a few atheists that feel the need to fight against religion being forced upon people, which is noble, but they are equal opportunity religion haters.

Atheists think religious nuts of all religions are equally retarded.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm not excusing it.
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join